PDA

View Full Version : Bury I beg you!


captainlip
21-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Open the track upto 1/8th electric. You have the space, the surface and huge potential for more members.

The tracks fantastic for 1/8th and the 8ths I've seen going round not to mention the SC trucks don't damage the track.

I'd also happily be the clubs 1/8th representative / promoter.

budfish
21-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Open the track upto 1/8th electric. You have the space, the surface and huge potential for more members.

The tracks fantastic for 1/8th and the 8ths I've seen going round not to mention the SC trucks don't damage the track.

I'd also happily be the clubs 1/8th representative / promoter.

I thought you was going in the army soon???

captainlip
21-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Yes but after 3 months I get my weekends back.

I'm currently working with a couple of stockist for bearing kits while I'm away also.

DCM
21-10-2011, 07:39 AM
You really have been sold a line by Army recruitment, Army is not 9-5, Mon-Fri, you may not being doing 'army' work, but you will still have prep and socialising, good luck with trying to fit racing in, for a while at least!

Si Coe
21-10-2011, 08:02 AM
We ran them in the past - Matt B and Dave both owned them, Johnny still has his Vorza - but interest dropped off.
They don't really damage the track, so thats not an issue, but they are a danger for marshals due to their mass and speed. As one of those who had to marshal them we we ran them at Chadderton they are dangerous in the wrong hands! Not much worse than some 4x4SCT's though.
The real problem comes when there aren't enough for their own heat. The logical choice is to put them in with the 4wd's. They actually don't lap as fast as 1/10th 4wds, at least not on a 1/10th track (which is a little tight) but if they hit one, it just destroys it. As a result, the 1/10th drivers soon started refusing to run with them, and we had the odd 2 car heat till we just gave up.

bodgit
21-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Lip in the army.
Friendly fire springs to mind.:woot:

captainlip
21-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Lip in the army.
Friendly fire springs to mind.:woot:

:D:D blue on blue!

Yes I don't expect to be around much until the end of April, in good time for the new summer outdoor season.

Until then I'll be pushing for 1/8th at bury as Simons input sounds promising, as long as we / I spread the word 1/8 EP will be allowed at bury next season there should be no reason why there shouldn't be a full heats worth

budfish
21-10-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm currently working with a couple of stockist for bearing kits while I'm away also.

Wow well done who stocks lips bits bearing kits???

budfish
21-10-2011, 08:24 AM
:D:D blue on blue!

Yes I don't expect to be around much until the end of April, in good time for the new summer outdoor season.

Until then I'll be pushing for 1/8th at bury as Simons input sounds promising, as long as we / I spread the word 1/8 EP will be allowed at bury next season there should be no reason why there shouldn't be a full heats worth

I think bodgit meant more like brown on brown army boy!!

Have you ever drove a 1/8ep?? As Si mentioned me and matt had one they was ok for a couple of weeks then it just got boring big daft un responsive piles of shite!!! I'll absolutely blast you with a 1/10

captainlip
21-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Durango are working on a proper race 1/8th not a crap nitro conversion that's unbalanced and sloppy.

I've had a couple of 1/8ths in the past and enjoyed them.

I could probably still lap you in your 1/10th mr :D

Howler
21-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Not much worse than some 4x4SCT's though.


:oWonder who that could be?:thumbsup:

birdy
21-10-2011, 02:00 PM
I think bodgit meant more like brown on brown army boy!!

Have you ever drove a 1/8ep?? As Si mentioned me and matt had one they was ok for a couple of weeks then it just got boring big daft un responsive piles of shite!!! I'll absolutely blast you with a 1/10

On a 8th scale track....Bring it on Buds :thumbsup:

budfish
21-10-2011, 02:15 PM
On a 8th scale track....Bring it on Buds :thumbsup:

I don't think I stand a chance on a 1/10 track against you!! It was aimed at lip

daz
21-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Wow well done who stocks lips bits bearing kits???
Netto :thumbsup:

Si Coe
21-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Actually the 1/8ths were a little more daunting than the 4x4 SC's because most of you guys run 2 or 3S tops, whereas the 1/8ths were 4 or even 6S giving a serious power boost.
In addition, the big shell on a Short Course, and the array of bumpers, protects more than just the truck. It offers limited cushioning to someones leg too!

For reference, the previous owner of Johnny's Vorza is some sort of 1/5th scale National champion ie a very good driver, but he couldn't beat Matt, Rob and Nick's 1/10ths with the Vorza on our old track.

shortcoursegoat
21-10-2011, 07:09 PM
have ran my hyper at bury on 4s, personally its just to small for my liking for 1/8 buggy an needs way more jumps, the other clubs listed above are much better suited for it imo. Love bury for my1/10 buggy n scts but my hyper wont be there again, nothing to do with it melting last time there lol

captainlip
21-10-2011, 08:06 PM
I still feel it should be open to 1/8 EP even though its not as big as other tracks.

JonyNitro
21-10-2011, 08:31 PM
we have tried this,and there was 4 of us, 5 sorry, did,nt really go anywere, NNRC is your best bet

Lip I have a MP9 E forsale

johnnygibbon
22-10-2011, 07:57 AM
I agree with goat bury just ain't no good for 8ths I love my vorza but it just dont work on the track it's to small and flat
When I raced. It at Pendle it was mint
Like motox I loved it
The nitro boys didn't though
And there's plenty other tracks for 8 th but they won't work on bury

Army eh
Might have to start planting mini ieds round the track for Ya car to warm ya up for the real thing
We could probly borrow a wheelchair for ya to practice in to
Pendle and southport can accommodate disabled racers so your well on

Howler
22-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Shouldnt he be wanting a Tamiya tank class?

captainlip
22-10-2011, 09:08 AM
I agree with goat bury just ain't no good for 8ths I love my vorza but it just dont work on the track it's to small and flat
When I raced. It at Pendle it was mint
Like motox I loved it
The nitro boys didn't though
And there's plenty other tracks for 8 th but they won't work on bury

Army eh
Might have to start planting mini ieds round the track for Ya car to warm ya up for the real thing
We could probly borrow a wheelchair for ya to practice in to
Pendle and southport can accommodate disabled racers so your well on

PMSL :lol: Id love to see a mini IED

budfish
22-10-2011, 09:38 AM
PMSL :lol: Id love to see a mini IED

And I'd love to see you in a wheelchair!!!!:D

Si Coe
22-10-2011, 09:43 AM
PMSL :lol: Id love to see a mini IED


I'll cook something up. Whats the level of mine-protection on a Durango anyway?

captainlip
22-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I'll cook something up. Whats the level of mine-protection on a Durango anyway?

i think you'd need something quite strong to inflict damage