View Full Version : LRP Lipo's in a TLR22
Has anyone else had trouble fitting a lipo in a rear motor'd car?
I bought some of the LRP 5000mah 50c saddle LIPO's and was planning on running them in my rear motor car, but that don't seem to fit under the ESC mount at the rear of the car?!?!
Razer
22-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Has anyone else had trouble fitting a lipo in a rear motor'd car?
I bought some of the LRP 5000mah 50c saddle LIPO's and was planning on running them in my rear motor car, but that don't seem to fit under the ESC mount at the rear of the car?!?!
Just sand down the lumps underneath the lipos, and you'll be good to go!
Gnarly Old Dog
22-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Jon - I know the height of the shelf won't allow for a plate under the LiPo so if your cells do have bumps to locate in other types of chassis then they could cause a problem.
Rather than sand the cells - you could cut the shelf away and fit a carbon shelf that is slightly raised from the standard one - or if it is only marginal, take a sanding drum to the underside of the ESC shelf to 'gain' a bit of height.
HTH
Just sand down the lumps underneath the lipos, and you'll be good to go!
Are the lumps solid on the LRP packs as my old orion ones were hollow?
Jon - I know the height of the shelf won't allow for a plate under the LiPo so if your cells do have bumps to locate in other types of chassis then they could cause a problem.
Rather than sand the cells - you could cut the shelf away and fit a carbon shelf that is slightly raised from the standard one - or if it is only marginal, take a sanding drum to the underside of the ESC shelf to 'gain' a bit of height.
HTH
Thanks Andy, there is no hope with weight underneath the cells and they don't push all the way back to the foam when straight on the chassis.
I think I can probably get away with sanding a little bit of the ESC shelf, as I don't think my skills allow me to make another shelf.
It's a shame the 22 seems a bit fussy on what does and doesn't fit depending on what chassis configuration you use.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.