PDA

View Full Version : Wiring a Mid-Motor 22


martgifford
02-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I have recently got a 22 second hand from a fellow oopłe member-Thanks Samd

It's Lipo Saddle format in mid motor.

Now I have a micro spek and low profile servo or a full size rx and servo

I have a Novak GTB to fit which is so tight to fit

Do I use the small rx and servo and place the Esc at the front with long wires to the motor

Or

Do I put the Esc on the little rear carbon shelf above the Lipos. But then you have the large power cap that I need to find a place for (unless I buy a small power cap and replace) - any recommendations for the power cap


Please help as I want to sort it for EPR this weekend

Any suggestions. The instructions are pretty poor, actually non-existent in explaining electrics setup

Thanks

SamRCRacing
02-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Try cable tie it on the gearbox case.

hope this helps

Getpip
02-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Have a look at this to see what I did with a big HW speedo and full size RX ... Might help a little.
(Click on pics for full size)

http://pipskiracing.blogspot.com/2011/09/losi-tlr22-2wd-buggy-build-part-3.html

martgifford
02-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for both your suggestions I will look at them both. Can I ask in saddle format where was Losi's intention for the esc to go. On the flap of carbon above the Lipo or at an angle on the gearbox.

kayce
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks for both your suggestions I will look at them both. Can I ask in saddle format where was Losi's intention for the esc to go. On the flap of carbon above the Lipo or at an angle on the gearbox.

On the angled motor brace/cover should work just fine.

They are photos on the TLR and Losi website, along with many many others here on the forum.
Basically, what you need to do, is take a peek at what others have done and then decide what's the best for you.

SamRCRacing
02-11-2011, 10:06 PM
ive got mine on motor cover and no problems apart from getting the batteries in and out :D

SamRCRacing
02-11-2011, 10:08 PM
KC i know you said my conversion was rubbish but i dont need mine so ill include chassis and battery brace for £25 with the tapped motor cover. ill upload some pics in a sec.

Sam