View Full Version : HOOOOLY COOOW!
captainlip
02-11-2011, 10:08 PM
£420 on lipos :woot::woot::woot:
4 x 90C 6500mah Orion Carbons on the way to mwa!
johnnygibbon
02-11-2011, 10:39 PM
A fool and his money ..........
Should have gone hong kong they could of sent en over with ya next set of bearings
Awsome
captainlip
02-11-2011, 10:45 PM
A fool and his money ..........
Should have gone hong kong they could of sent en over with ya next set of bearings
Awsome
Nah what if they are faulty, to much hassle!
Bearings dont come from anywhere near hong kong :thumbsup:
johnnygibbon
03-11-2011, 06:01 AM
[QUOTE=captainlip;576467]Nah what if they are faulty, to much hassle!
Fair dos for supporting British model shops then
And at least if this Durango don't appear you can brushless convert ya Mitsubishi and get cheap tax
Serious power them batteries , have fun
leeboy44
03-11-2011, 06:08 AM
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=16227
this would be my choice for the price
paulc
03-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Idiot more money thand sence....
captainlip
03-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Idiot more money thand sence....
mean sense?
not at all, im throwing the best electrics I can at this baby, really working 8th racing next season so getting all the goodies together now.
I need 2x 2cell per run so 4 is a must!
bodgit
03-11-2011, 10:33 AM
After the slagging you gave bury do you think any 1/8 club will really want to have you join them.
captainlip
03-11-2011, 10:34 AM
After the slagging you gave bury do you think any 1/8 club is really want to have you join them.
never slagged bury! EVER!
bodgit
03-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Your full of crap. The thread and many others by you have been deleted but anyone who read them will agree with me.
Why does anyone need to know how much you spent on batteries. Not everthing in life is about you.
£420 on lipos :woot::woot::woot:
4 x 90C 6500mah Orion Carbons on the way to mwa!
Now you just need a car lol! By the time it is out your lipo’s could be out of date! On another note the DEX408 was running at the club I was at on Tuesday night for some testing and did look good!
jimmy
03-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Thats a lot to drop on cells! :o but should be a bit of a BEAST!
HarlowS
03-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Just out of interest, whats your chosen setup ??? Motor, speedo ? Is that 21t pinion your after for the 8th too ??
He had never said there for a car tho, just 8th. In lippys case he could be construsting a new double action 8th series arse pounder. And these babies are to power it.:D
bodgit
03-11-2011, 11:38 AM
He had never said there for a car tho, just 8th. In lippys case he could be construsting a new double action 8th series arse pounder. And these babies are to power it.:D
Funny you should mention that. Google captainlip and this is what you get
View Profile: Captainlip - The Army Rumour Service (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=captainlip&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CE4QFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrse.co.uk%2Fmember.php%3Fu% 3D70759&ei=Z32yTqL2C4K68gOfuLDzBA&usg=AFQjCNHl5i0UfStm1qk7n_iUkGjAgJLg5Q&sig2=ox2OJabMKmj1Q_20NAYgaA)linkscanner://safe.gif/ (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))
www.arrse.co.uk/member.php?u=70759 (http://www.arrse.co.uk/member.php?u=70759)
You +1'd this publicly. Undo (http://www.google.co.uk/#)
Captainlip is a Junior Member in the The Army Rumour Service. View Captainlip's profile.
captainlip
03-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Just out of interest, whats your chosen setup ??? Motor, speedo ? Is that 21t pinion your after for the 8th too ??
TEKIN RX8 speedo and 2050kv motor, Futaba 4PL, Orion vortex servo, Orion 90c Lipos. yes 21t as per Randys advice.
captainlip
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Funny you should mention that. Google captainlip and this is what you get
View Profile: Captainlip - The Army Rumour Service (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=captainlip&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CE4QFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrse.co.uk%2Fmember.php%3Fu% 3D70759&ei=Z32yTqL2C4K68gOfuLDzBA&usg=AFQjCNHl5i0UfStm1qk7n_iUkGjAgJLg5Q&sig2=ox2OJabMKmj1Q_20NAYgaA)linkscanner://safe.gif/ (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29)
www.arrse.co.uk/member.php?u=70759 (http://www.arrse.co.uk/member.php?u=70759)
You +1'd this publicly. Undo (http://www.google.co.uk/#)
Captainlip is a Junior Member in the The Army Rumour Service. View Captainlip's profile.
Wow!!! you go to the extent of googling me :woot::woot:
Lol, with a name like Phil Gay hes obviously a full on pillow muncher. Apparantly he got his missus from a Thai bride website, and she came with a warning label saying "may contain nuts".
captainlip
03-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Lol, with a name like Phil Gay hes obviously a full on pillow muncher. Apparantly he got his missus from a Thai bride website, and she came with a warning label saying "may contain nuts".
That was the whole reason I chose sshim.
That was the whole reason I chose sshim.
Is it called Ting Tong?
HarlowS
03-11-2011, 12:07 PM
I think you will find thats way over powered, especially with 90C cells.
Just out of interest, whats your chosen setup ??? Motor, speedo ? Is that 21t pinion your after for the 8th too ??
captainlip
03-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Is it called Ting Tong?
:D:D:thumbsup:
Candyman
03-11-2011, 12:56 PM
£420 on lipos
4 x 90C 6500mah Orion Carbons on the way to mwa!
hhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahhahha sincerely hope this is a joke
captainlip
03-11-2011, 01:00 PM
hhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahhahha sincerely hope this is a joke
:eh?::eh?::eh?:
Are the orion 90c's 2 cell?
captainlip
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Are the orion 90c's 2 cell?
yes as found here
http://www.teamorion.com/FlashPaper/2011_Selectors/#/4
mode; - ORI14045 2cell 7.4v
so running two is 4cell and alot of fun :D
If you've not committed to buying them yet PBM and wheelspin sell them at £99.99 or Dinball/RC mart china sell them delivered for £80
captainlip
03-11-2011, 05:22 PM
If you've not committed to buying them yet PBM and wheelspin sell them at £99.99 or Dinball/RC mart china sell them delivered for £80
already ordered and on the way, could of saved £20, thanks for the info.
Timee80
03-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I think you may have been better buying 2 x 4s packs. Changing batterys when racing takes longer than a nitro fuel stop to start with. If youre having to then mess about wiring 2x2s packs up in series it will add to the pit stop time. They will be powerful though:thumbsup:
captainlip
03-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I think you may have been better buying 2 x 4s packs. Changing batterys when racing takes longer than a nitro fuel stop to start with. If youre having to then mess about wiring 2x2s packs up in series it will add to the pit stop time. They will be powerful though:thumbsup:
the durango thats coming out runs a 2 x by 2 layout rather than the common 4 or 6 cell placement. have no choice but to use 2 cell packs.
no problem though.
bodgit
03-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Who's pitting for you as you cannot leave the rostrum during a race.
captainlip
03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
6500mah should be ample for run times :D
Maybe, but you'll need to pit because the nitro's HAVE to pit.
captainlip
03-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Maybe, but you'll need to pit because the nitro's HAVE to pit.
yes I have discussed this with a few and you have to do a dummy pit, in the pits stop for 5 seconds and leave the pits.
this is the usual case, some places dont mind not stopping unless you are seen to be having an advantage and winning everything.
mark christopher
03-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Maybe, but you'll need to pit because the nitro's HAVE to pit.
For 2012 the electric rally x have thier own nationals run alongside the truggies, though clubs may be different
For 2012 the electric rally x have thier own nationals run alongside the truggies, though clubs may be different
Did think that was confirmed, good if it its, bigger meetings :thumbsup::thumbsup:
jasonwipf
04-11-2011, 03:39 AM
Nah what if they are faulty, to much hassle!
Bearings dont come from anywhere near hong kong :thumbsup:
Well I commend that you buy local but as far as hassle factor if they are faulty. I've been running HK batteries for 2 yrs now and they are no more or less faulty than expensive domestic stuff. You don't need to count on warranties cuz its crap. BUT for the same money you spent on those 4 you could have got nearly 16 of these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F17265%5F%5FTurnigy%5Fnano%5Ftech%5F6000mah%5 F2S2P%5F65%5F130C%5FHardcase%5FLipo%5FPack.html
With that many who cares about a warranty! and you'll always have a pair ready to run!
captainlip
04-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Ive had turnigy ages ago and would never use them again especially with the top end rc stuff I'm putting in
jimmy
04-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Hey guys please keep it relatively on topic! keep the personal insults and such to PM's so we don't all have to trawl through it please.
captainlip
04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey guys please keep it relatively on topic! keep the personal insults and such to PM's so we don't all have to trawl through it please.
My missues head grew when she read daves comment :D
Jimmy work your magic with durango and prod them to slip a DEX408 my way
kennyrc
04-11-2011, 05:16 PM
When I raced 1/8 electric, I used lightweight lower capacity lipo's for the 5 min qualifying heats switching to larger capacity lipo's for the 20 min finals. Only minimal set up changes were req'd.
Try it you might like it.
When I raced 1/8 electric, I used lightweight lower capacity lipo's for the 5 min qualifying heats switching to larger capacity lipo's for the 20 min finals. Only minimal set up changes were req'd.
Try it you might like it.
I like that idea :thumbsup:
captainlip
04-11-2011, 06:26 PM
When I raced 1/8 electric, I used lightweight lower capacity lipo's for the 5 min qualifying heats switching to larger capacity lipo's for the 20 min finals. Only minimal set up changes were req'd.
Try it you might like it.
The lower capacity orions were 1g lighter :eh?: each so made sense just to get the 6500s
ojoloco
08-11-2011, 03:34 AM
the durango thats coming out runs a 2 x by 2 layout rather than the common 4 or 6 cell placement. have no choice but to use 2 cell packs.
no problem though.
Not true at all.
bodgit
08-11-2011, 09:10 AM
the durango thats coming out runs a 2 x by 2 layout rather than the common 4 or 6 cell placement. have no choice but to use 2 cell packs.
no problem though.
Another load of misleading crap. You jumped the gun and bought too early. The pictures mark posted shows otherwise. Looking at them the smaller saddles will slide in easier from the rear under the esc mount and the wiring will certainly be neater. Your link wire using 2 cell packs will look like a horses collar.
Edited for you in large bold.
captainlip
08-11-2011, 09:15 AM
WTF are you on about, so I made the biggest mistake in the world by buying stick packs just because skelding is running saddles.
if you read about this you can run both, saddles its not the must way of doing it.
I have made no mistakes in buying sticks. :D
bodgit
08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
WTF are you on about, so I made the biggest mistake in the world by buying stick packs just because skelding is running saddles.
if you read about this you can run both, saddles its not the must way of doing it.
I have made no mistakes in buying sticks. :D
Then why did you state the above.
Originally Posted by captainlip http://www.oople.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=576943#post576943)
the durango thats coming out runs a 2 x by 2 layout rather than the common 4 or 6 cell placement. have no choice but to use 2 cell packs.
Your a moron
bodgit
08-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Saddles and sticks, jesus you really are a thick twat bogit.
so your telling me you can only run saddles? :woot::woot:
what do you think ive bought or have you not noticed. 2 cell stick packs duuuuh
No moron Im not telling you anything . You goofed up telling everyone you had no choice but to use 2 cell packs when this is not fact. Keep digging yourself a hole. Would you like to meet me face to face to call me that.
bodgit
08-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Cartman my new hero
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/437496-team-durango-dex408-29.html#post9855757
Cartman (http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/cartman.html)
Tech Fanatic
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 862
Trader Rating (http://www.rctech.net/forum/itrader.php?u=2093): 0
http://www.rctech.net/forum/images/cars-red/misc/im_icq.gif (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/437496-team-durango-dex408-29.html#)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainlip http://www.rctech.net/forum/images/cars-red/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/437496-team-durango-dex408-29.html#post9847041)
Also pass along the request to launch it quicker http://www.rctech.net/forum/classic_images/smilies/blush.gif
Im on oople and regular member on there, ive been pestering skelding to hurry up with it to no avail.
and ur a pain in the arse on there that thinks he knows it all
http://www.rctech.net/forum/images/cars-red/statusicon/user_offline.gif
bigred5765
08-11-2011, 11:26 AM
i think what he was saying is you cant run 4 stick packs
Cardnim
08-11-2011, 11:36 AM
----
Cardnim
08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
----
jimmy
08-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Guys! It's toy cars!
Please keep it civilised and respectful even if you think the other person is a total nob - be the man!
bodgit
08-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Guys! It's toy cars!
Please keep it civilised and respectful even if you think the other person is a total nob - be the man!
You think the same as us all Jimmy :thumbsup::thumbsup:
captainlip
08-11-2011, 12:03 PM
You think the same as us all Jimmy :thumbsup::thumbsup:
So why do you take my comments seriously? if you had understood my qoute about lipos none of this would happen.
you claimed something that would probably wont even be able to quote as ive not said what you claimed.
anyway end of now.
EDIT - i think you think because ive ordered 4 lipos your thinking I think I can stick all 4 in at the same time, where infact I bought 4 because I want a backup pair so I have 2 "sets"
bodgit
08-11-2011, 12:17 PM
EDIT - i think you think because ive ordered 4 lipos your thinking I think I can stick all 4 in at the same time, where infact I bought 4 because I want a backup pair so I have 2 "sets"
No I dont think that anyone could possibly stick four in at the same time.
I just pointed out that buying sticks was not the only option as you claimed you had to.
James
08-11-2011, 12:19 PM
It was British Sausage Week last week.
captainlip
08-11-2011, 12:20 PM
No I dont think that anyone could possibly stick four in at the same time.
I just pointed out that buying sticks was not the only option as you claimed you had to.
But thats it I never claimed to say it ONLY takes sticks, ive known from day one looking at this it takes sticks and saddle configs.
my choice was to go stick rather than saddles, and I bought 4 so had 2 sets.
Cardnim
08-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Sausages? awesome!!!
Make mine an Ulster Fry sausage... mmmm.
I love Sausage Week this much:
http://www.frogcdrom.com/img/6.jpg
jasonwipf
10-11-2011, 05:56 AM
LOL that dog is sooo cute.
Anyways, you could run 2x 3s packs for 6s. your kinda screwed running 5s saddle though unless you really want to run 3s and a 2s.
I'm running my new Serpent 811e with 2 stick saddle and I'm loving it. I used to not like saddle until I got this car. I run Short Course 2s too so now I just have one pack type for all my cars and sold all my odd 4s packs.
At the RC Pro Nationals in Houston, TX. U.S. Team driver Ryan Lutz won Ebuggy with that Durango. It does look sweet! It really will be a direct competitor with the Serpent. I do like things about both buggies. I made A main and ran with him but stood no chance against Lutz in his Durango. However I used to run a Mugen Eco and drivers who where beating me earlier this year on the Series tour was now getting lapped by me in that Serpent so the proof is in the pudding. I haven't even had much practice and tuning time with the 811e yet. Can't wait to get it fully dialed in.
captainlip
11-11-2011, 07:37 PM
LOL that dog is sooo cute.
Anyways, you could run 2x 3s packs for 6s. your kinda screwed running 5s saddle though unless you really want to run 3s and a 2s.
I'm running my new Serpent 811e with 2 stick saddle and I'm loving it. I used to not like saddle until I got this car. I run Short Course 2s too so now I just have one pack type for all my cars and sold all my odd 4s packs.
At the RC Pro Nationals in Houston, TX. U.S. Team driver Ryan Lutz won Ebuggy with that Durango. It does look sweet! It really will be a direct competitor with the Serpent. I do like things about both buggies. I made A main and ran with him but stood no chance against Lutz in his Durango. However I used to run a Mugen Eco and drivers who where beating me earlier this year on the Series tour was now getting lapped by me in that Serpent so the proof is in the pudding. I haven't even had much practice and tuning time with the 811e yet. Can't wait to get it fully dialed in.
the serpent does look good and very tempting indeed....
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.