PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Winter Series 27th Nov 2011 All day meeting


mikeyscott
04-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Looking forward to it and details can be found here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80171

If you haven't been to us before please email [email protected]

There is no control tyre.

can people give me an indication if they are coming etc.

Mike Scott 2WD

DragonRider
04-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Wesley and myself will be returning for round 2 for more 4WD action.

See you on the 27th.

Mark

Stuweatherman
04-11-2011, 11:00 PM
As it doesn't clash with the Chippenham winter series I should be turning up!! (Sooooo glad as was told it did clash!!)

Stuart Parnell 2wd.

TARTMAN
05-11-2011, 11:20 AM
I should be there, unless abducted by aliens!:thumbsup:

MrMagoo
05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
I'll be there, 2wd again I think...

Crazy L
05-11-2011, 06:56 PM
unfortunately for you guys....

I will be too:thumbsup:

I'll bring myself, my car and my gazebo, I might also bring muffins, and just for Mikey, I may also bring copious amounts of fartage.;)

markatharding
07-11-2011, 07:14 PM
hi all yep i will be their come rain or shine, havent been since my first outing but hope to make a couple more soon. :thumbsup:

Dudders
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Hope to be down guys, weekend after the MK GP so might be pushing it :D

mikeyscott
09-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Hopefully DEX210 options will be delivered for me to start to learn the car more

AmiSMB
13-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I will be there 2wd and 4wd :) Looking forward to it :)

The Chef
13-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I'll work on the pass and try and bring the boy.

hotrodchris
13-11-2011, 04:08 PM
if the car and i survive the MKGP i will not be missing it!

mikeyscott
13-11-2011, 04:13 PM
if the car and i survive the MKGP i will not be missing it!

lol know what you mean. At this rate I'll be rolling with a XXCR

PaulUpton
21-11-2011, 07:29 PM
maybe there if i cope with the early start :p

The Chef
21-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm in 2 and 4 please (depending on numbers as it can be too much if it is quiet) I can't turn the cars around quick enough.:thumbsup:. Not sure about oscar at this point.

But I will be there:D

The Chef
21-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I should be there, unless abducted by aliens!:thumbsup:

I thought you said you wern't into anything weird :confused:

Deano577
21-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm in 2 and 4 please (depending on numbers as it can be too much if it is quiet) I can't turn the cars around quick enough.:thumbsup:. Not sure about oscar at this point.

But I will be there:D

SEE YOU THERE - 4WD ONLY FOR ME (GOOD BYE B4'S)

simoncrabb
21-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I want to be there in 4wd, I want to run the beautiful Cat S3x on the astro.

mikeyscott
21-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Running what I haven't sold off - lol

TARTMAN
21-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Well, alien sex is OK, thats perfectly acceptable!!!!!!!:thumbsup::cry::thumbsup:

I thought you said you wern't into anything weird :confused:

simoncrabb
21-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Running what I haven't sold off - lol

Lol, you're unstoppable!

Stuweatherman
21-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I'll be there, c4.1 almost at the ready just a strip down to check its all ok after its first run on sunday.

The Chef
21-11-2011, 11:21 PM
SEE YOU THERE - 4WD ONLY FOR ME (GOOD BYE B4'S)

RB5 VEGA then?;)

Well, alien sex is OK, thats perfectly acceptable!!!!!!!:thumbsup::cry::thumbsup:

Depends where they put the probe and more to the point if it ends up on the internet.

I want to be there in 4wd, I want to run the beautiful Cat S3x on the astro.
Will you not be there? Have you broken it yet?


Deno you up for Petit at Ardent fri 13th sat 14th and sunday 15th JAN?

Craig and I are both going. Will be a hoot|!

jaywestwood
22-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Will be down depending on weather.. Looking WET for sunday at the mo

M.Andrews
22-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Probably won't make it this weekend as my Caster needs parts which aren't in stock!:thumbdown:. Good news I've been to Rclazy today and purchased a Durango 410 v3:thumbsup::thumbsup:.
I need some advice from my fellow Rango owners about the diff oils as I don't want to buy every variation of diff oil and not use them all!!.
Looking forward to the new car which should arrive in the next week or two!!

DHB
22-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Probably won't make it this weekend as my Caster needs parts which aren't in stock!:thumbdown:. Good news I've been to Rclazy today and purchased a Durango 410 v3:thumbsup::thumbsup:.
I need some advice from my fellow Rango owners about the diff oils as I don't want to buy every variation of diff oil and not use them all!!.
Looking forward to the new car which should arrive in the next week or two!!


Didnt take you long after Sunday's run in Richards to do the deed Mark:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
22-11-2011, 08:33 PM
the 2010 dex410 a lot of people are running 5000 front and 2000 rear don't know what it works like in the v3 though?
hope this helps

mikeyscott
22-11-2011, 08:36 PM
the 2010 dex410 a lot of people are running 5000 front and 2000 rear don't know what it works like in the v3 though?
hope this helps

Yup and makes the car much better apparently.

I have some surplus DEX410 spares to go and diff oils - TD oils.

hotrodchris
22-11-2011, 08:51 PM
definately turns in better had to wind some expo onto my steering when i changed mine felt like a different car

M.Andrews
22-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Didnt take you long after Sunday's run in Richards to do the deed Mark:thumbsup:

Really enjoyed driving Richard's car on sunday:thumbsup:. Thanks again Richard for lending me your car:thumbsup::thumbsup:,I was always planning to get the v3 but driving Richard's convinced me for sure!!.

ASKay
22-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Will be down depending on weather.. Looking WET for sunday at the mo


Looks dry on the one I look at, Ill be optimistic and look at TWC report :thumbsup:
Bribed my wife with a £30 bunch of flowers, for letting me play 'toy cars' last weekend, whilst she looked after our 1 year old.... may have to deploy similar tactics....

Northern Monkey
22-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Looks dry on the one I look at, Ill be optimistic and look at TWC report :thumbsup:
Bribed my wife with a £30 bunch of flowers, for letting me play 'toy cars' last weekend, whilst she looked after our 1 year old.... may have to deploy similar tactics....

Wish that would work with mine!:thumbdown:

Dudders
22-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Wish that would work with mine!:thumbdown:

Ditto!!!! After 3 days last weekend for GP meeting and the up coming trophy meeting at SHRCCC the weekend after I've not even bother to ask to come out and play on the 27th now! Hope it all goes well, which I'm sure it will!!!!

TARTMAN
22-11-2011, 11:24 PM
I must be the luckiest of you all, Mines happy when i go to play cars, or in the garage, or out in general. as long as she know where i am and sees me sometimes, shes happy, makes me happy.
Thats what happens when you marry a 9 years younger than yaself i guess. and get her a new kitchen! LOLOL........:thumbsup:

Ditto!!!! After 3 days last weekend for GP meeting and the up coming trophy meeting at SHRCCC the weekend after I've not even bother to ask to come out and play on the 27th now! Hope it all goes well, which I'm sure it will!!!!

Randall34
23-11-2011, 01:28 AM
I've been totally lacking in the winter series so far (and racing in general) But hope to be back with a vengence in the new year.
I was hoping to come down on the 4th Dec, and my son wants to have a go, he is only 6 and never really tried (or been interested) before. I thought he could come down with my Dad at the end of the morning meeting and have a go when the racing is finished.
Is that still OK to do??

Chris-S
23-11-2011, 07:39 AM
the 2010 dex410 a lot of people are running 5000 front and 2000 rear don't know what it works like in the v3 though?
hope this helps

Diffs are the same in the V3.

Adam Skeldings Mansfield setup is a good start for the V3.

Deano577
23-11-2011, 07:49 AM
I've been totally lacking in the winter series so far (and racing in general) But hope to be back with a vengence in the new year.
I was hoping to come down on the 4th Dec, and my son wants to have a go, he is only 6 and never really tried (or been interested) before. I thought he could come down with my Dad at the end of the morning meeting and have a go when the racing is finished.
Is that still OK to do??

U not comming this weekend then?? Also what new car you got?

Northern Monkey
23-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I've been totally lacking in the winter series so far (and racing in general) But hope to be back with a vengence in the new year.
I was hoping to come down on the 4th Dec, and my son wants to have a go, he is only 6 and never really tried (or been interested) before. I thought he could come down with my Dad at the end of the morning meeting and have a go when the racing is finished.
Is that still OK to do??

won't be a problem Neil :thumbsup: My eldest hopefully will be racing next year he's 6. Just got to get his enthusiasm going :D

wylie
23-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Can now make this Sunday :thumbsup: 4wd for me please
Will bring the Shourt Course hopefully we can have enough for one heat.

jaywestwood
24-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Will we have RC Lazy at track sunday for tyres???

mikeyscott
24-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Weather looking good for Sunday :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/so31

Last all day meeting of 2011!

jamiekerr14
24-11-2011, 03:05 PM
I think I can make it.. looking forward to it!

simoncrabb
24-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Will we have RC Lazy at track sunday for tyres???

We are not 100% attending at this point, depends on weather and other commitments.

M.Andrews
24-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Will we have RC Lazy at track sunday for tyres???

What about food????????????.

simoncrabb
24-11-2011, 09:55 PM
What about food????????????.

Hahaha, you can see where Mr Andrew's priorities lie!!

PaulUpton
26-11-2011, 09:17 AM
What time do we need to be there?

Stuweatherman
26-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Think most people get there from 7am onwards, gazeboo's by the track and the cars get parked away a bit so easy access for people.

jaywestwood
26-11-2011, 09:52 AM
track usually opens for practice bout 8 ish pupton

simoncrabb
26-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Okay, I'm going, Mark's not. I'll have a trackside shop with me with tyres, spares, etc.

4wd and SC for me!

Anyone else bringing Short Course? Will we have enough for a heat?

wylie
26-11-2011, 04:25 PM
It won't be a fair fight with your DESC410 and 550 size motor, me with a 8.5t 2wd Blitz but bring it on :thumbsup:

ASKay
26-11-2011, 05:09 PM
It won't be a fair fight with your DESC410 and 550 size motor, me with a 8.5t 2wd Blitz but bring it on :thumbsup:


Charging batteries for the SC now....! :thumbsup:

wylie
26-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Am I the only with 2wd!!!! :o

Twiglet
26-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Will have a Blitz with us as well, looks like enough for a heat!

TARTMAN
26-11-2011, 07:44 PM
wont be able to make tomorrow, have to much to do in the house...., damn............:cry::cry::bored:

lordnikon
26-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Trucks in the car packed and ready, fingers crossed front diff survives ! large motor and to much punch = :thumbdown: lol

simoncrabb
26-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Awesome! TORCH crew, can we race our big dumb trucks please?

Just a comedy heat, no series points or anything!

I just want to run it and try and not break it...

Oh, I've just remembered I've not fixed the power wire, some trackside soldering to do then!

And I might fit a fan to the motor, just in case, and cos I've forgotten the mod 1 pinions, no idea if it's geared right...

The Chef
26-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Just rebuilt the Vega diff and shocks:)

Ready for tomorrow.

Might have a quick re wire of the Durango the were ready.

mikeyscott
26-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Simon,

Spoke to Steve about it tonight and don't see an issue if enough of you.

4WD for me tomorrow.

dibble34
27-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Great day today and some close racing :thumbsup: Any chance the results will be up soon and for the last few weeks?

mikeyscott
27-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Great day today and some close racing :thumbsup: Any chance the results will be up soon and for the last few weeks?

Disappointing day for me, but found the prob tonight.

Many thanks to those that came a long way.

Results, Monday night as I didn't take the laptop.

Next round is in January. Club will be closed on Xmas day and new years day.

The Chef
27-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Club will be closed on Xmas day and new years day.


Part timers :p What was the issue mike?

DragonRider
28-11-2011, 06:40 AM
.

Results, Monday night as I didn't take the laptop.





Will that include the championship results todate aswell.


Have to add that Wesley and myself had a brilliant days racing. Another very well run meeting, we can not wait for round 3.

Have a good christmas all and see you all in the new year.

jpmatrix
28-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Another excellent days racing at Torch. I don't think I will be doing both classes again though; it seemed to be complete brain damage. Didn't really have time to work on the set up of 2wd and 4wd, just seemed to be marshalling, charging batteries and alot of running about and missed my 2wd 3rd leg b final.:thumbdown:

Late afternoon racing was challenging to say the least, the sun made it diffucult to see up on the rostrum when looking to your left especially when you got glasses on and the track conditions changing throughout the day.

SteveB
28-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Another excellent days racing at Torch. I don't think I will be doing both classes again though; it seemed to be complete brain damage. Didn't really have time to work on the set up of 2wd and 4wd, just seemed to be marshalling, charging batteries and alot of running about and missed my 2wd 3rd leg b final.:thumbdown:

Late afternoon racing was challenging to say the least, the sun made it diffucult to see up on the rostrum when looking to your left especially when you got glasses on and the track conditions changing throughout the day.

To be fair James 2 classes is very demanding and preparation is key. As for the weather and Sun aspect, I was glad to see some Sun considering the time of year, I always wear a cap to help protect your vision :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good day, the weather did change dramatically overnight, so timing was good with meeting.

Thanks to all that attended.

Steve

DragonRider
29-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Any update on the results and series standings after round 2.;)

Stuweatherman
30-11-2011, 10:22 AM
When are the results from november being posted?? Also wondered when the winter series standings would also be posted so can see how badly we're doing!! :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
30-11-2011, 10:28 AM
I will be doing it when I get hold of the laptop.!

Stuweatherman
30-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Ah, thanks. Thought you may have taken it after sundays meeting.

mikeyscott
30-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Results are online

dibble34
30-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi mike, the link to round 2 results is not working

"File:/home/torch/public_html/results/2011/mtg100/index.htm Not Found"

Dudders
30-11-2011, 10:35 PM
http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/2011/ser6/series.htm

http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/2011/ser7/series.htm

dibble34
30-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Cheers, but they are the overall scores not the results for the day

mikeyscott
30-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Not sure what has happened to the index file,

http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/2011/mtg100/heats.htm