View Full Version : Tyre inserts ?
cryer-evo
30-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi all just wondering haw you tunne your car with tyre inserts
Ie
Soft
Medeum
Hard
What would you get from each one in the way a car handalls
I normally run schumacher med inserts all around and mimi pins our mini spikes
So would a soft compared to a hard inserts give more grip ?
Any info would be good
Gnarly Old Dog
30-11-2011, 09:05 PM
I normally run a soft insert (O Foam) and I've found them to increase grip when run with Schumacher yellows or greens.
I've found upto 0.4s per lap between a hard foam and the soft O foam.
If grip is too high, then a harder foam can be used to tune out some grip though. But for me, I like the softer ones.
HTH
cryer-evo
01-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Ok thanks for your info I have just got some Schumacher silver mini spikes to try out I also got the soft inverts to go with them but they fill way to soft would you run a med to hard foam with I tyre like this ?
Gnarly Old Dog
01-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I've not used Silvers so I can't comment.
I would possibly look to fill the tyre with a tubby insert though - still soft but maybe try to pack the tyre out a bit more.
In all honesty, its only something you can try. Some tracks might be better with a harder insert - or indeed you might prefer the feel from a more consistent filled tyre.
Razer
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I've not used Silvers so I can't comment.
I would possibly look to fill the tyre with a tubby insert though - still soft but maybe try to pack the tyre out a bit more.
In all honesty, its only something you can try. Some tracks might be better with a harder insert - or indeed you might prefer the feel from a more consistent filled tyre.
While we're on the subject of tyres and inserts, why does it seem like you only run minispikes in the UK? On our different turfs, I always end up with minipins being nearly a second faster...
And about inserts, tried several types in the minipins, but I nearly always end up with Proline Closed Cell. These are a lot softer than alternatives from AKA, Jconcepts and such, actually not too far away from the two-stage inserts also from Proline. I just feel they're more precise, and also it's great to have an insert that doesn't disintegrate after a short while:-P
Haven't really tested anything in minispikes though, so in that debate, I'm sadly useless:blush:
pugboy
01-12-2011, 12:54 PM
While we're on the subject of tyres and inserts, why does it seem like you only run minispikes in the UK? On our different turfs, I always end up with minipins being nearly a second faster...
And about inserts, tried several types in the minipins, but I nearly always end up with Proline Closed Cell. These are a lot softer than alternatives from AKA, Jconcepts and such, actually not too far away from the two-stage inserts also from Proline. I just feel they're more precise, and also it's great to have an insert that doesn't disintegrate after a short while:-P
Haven't really tested anything in minispikes though, so in that debate, I'm sadly useless:blush:
The reason that we persist with Minispikes is that they are one of the two control tyres for the National Series, that's the main reason, but you are probably right, a minipin would probably work better on a high grip astro.
Razer
01-12-2011, 01:22 PM
The reason that we persist with Minispikes is that they are one of the two control tyres for the National Series, that's the main reason, but you are probably right, a minipin would probably work better on a high grip astro.
Aha! That explains a lot. What's the other tyre?
pugboy
01-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Aha! That explains a lot. What's the other tyre?
Ballistic Buggy spike, and free choice of tyre on the front in 2wd.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.