PDA

View Full Version : My MG TF -- Maybe For Sale :(


coleman758
05-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Well I have had my MG TF for just over two years now,
I must say after all the bad stuff i heard about MG's i though i was buying a dead horse! But touch wood its never let me down in two years!

As far as a car goes its been perfect!
Ive done so much work on it and spent so much money on it, Its unreal.

But, Due to work and getting more serious into R/C racing 2 seats is not practical for me any more :cry::cry:

to list a few of the bigger upgrades....
- Full Engine Re-Build --Nothing broke, I just thought it would be a good idea :woot:
- Brand New Wheels and Tyres, MG Origionals!
- Full Kenwood Sound System (Sub,Amp etc...)
- Coolant Alarm & Manual fan system (To keep it nice and cool)
- Full AP racing 4-pot big brake kit.
- Near new body colour hardtop.

and the point of this thread, There is some MG's going for about £2,000 - £2,500 Standard with just the soft top. Would you say asking £3,000 is over the odd's? ( The Brakes and Hardtop are £1,000's worth at eBay prices:woot:)

What do you think?

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/abodesofas/MG%20Stuff/DSC04255.jpg

jameswilkinson7
05-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Must say Matt I've seen it in the flesh and it looks like a nice example of one. I dont think you would have may problems selling it. Although winter is a bad time for getting a good price for a soft top!

My wife was after one of these once, but I have always steered clear of the old K series time bomb!

Dazzler
05-12-2011, 08:54 PM
It's a good time to sell the hard top... Separately though.. You'll not get much more for the car with it included..

coleman758
05-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Must say Matt I've seen it in the flesh and it looks like a nice example of one. I dont think you would have may problems selling it. Although winter is a bad time for getting a good price for a soft top!

My wife was after one of these once, but I have always steered clear of the old K series time bomb!

To be honest i had my worries about the K-Series too, But to be fair, Its like any engine, If you look after it you "Shouldn't" (!!) get any issues.

Its always been serviced when it should, the low coolant alarm & the manual fan override have been good, when your in traffic just flick the radiator fan on, keeps it nice and cool. the HGF only happen when its too hot.

coleman758
05-12-2011, 08:59 PM
It's a good time to sell the hard top... Separately though.. You'll not get much more for the car with it included..

I think you maybe right. I would be happy with £2,600-£2,700 less the hard top.
I may even take the AP brakes off, I have the OEM ones in the garage.

jameswilkinson7
05-12-2011, 09:02 PM
If you can Matt, I'd try and hang on till the start of the summer to get rid, your really going to struggle getting top dollar when its snowing. :cry:

coleman758
05-12-2011, 09:05 PM
If you can Matt, I'd try and hang on till the start of the summer to get rid, your really going to struggle getting top dollar when its snowing. :cry:

That's also a good point :(
Maybe get the hardtop sold now, then the car in Spring/Summer

... But then its going to be a cold winter for me :woot: