View Full Version : CVD Availability
AmiSMB
03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Seeing as CVD's these days are thin on the ground I was wondering if there were CVD's from other cars that were of a similar size and would fit the Losi XX-4?
ashleyb4
03-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Give dms a ring i think they may have some in stock
A
tyreman
03-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Just get the lcd's from Losi
super__dan
03-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I've tried on 3 seperate occasions to get LCD's to work and they just don't. Brian you must be a legend if your's don't fall to bits, ALso I fell no benefit from them for the 2 or 3 runs befoe they fall to bits.
tyreman
03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
There's no special trick just build them at home, use a good thread lock (i use the trackside one from Horizon) but let the thread lock cure for at least 12 hours.
I've been using them now for over 2 years with no problems, the only time i see them fail is when they are built trackside.
AmiSMB
03-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Give dms a ring i think they may have some in stock
A
Trouble is I have the aluminium ones and I just find that they wear a little too fast for my liking and seeing super_dans wanted post this is the same as DMS have in stock. I would like some steel ones I would really like some shiny CVD's but I think I would have more luck searching for rocking horse p**.
ashleyb4
03-03-2008, 09:46 PM
I think they are the shiny ones give him a ring he is so friendly and willing to help. Top bloke is daz.
A
ashleyb4
03-03-2008, 09:46 PM
I've tried on 3 seperate occasions to get LCD's to work and they just don't. Brian you must be a legend if your's don't fall to bits, ALso I fell no benefit from them for the 2 or 3 runs befoe they fall to bits.
Ive seen tony bishop build them but he did you a hammer.
A
AmiSMB
03-03-2008, 10:06 PM
I think they are the shiny ones give him a ring he is so friendly and willing to help. Top bloke is daz.
A
Rears available it is the front ones I am more interested in. I may have to try the LCD out.
niggs98
04-03-2008, 09:12 AM
like brian ive run lcd's for over a year now without issue as i took his advise and used a good strenth threadlock (purple) or the trackside stuff as well as they both seem the same and let everything set for over 12 hours before use. they still strip easy for maintenance and have been fine to use with little wear so can recomend them :thumbsup:
_sleigh_
04-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Ive seen tony bishop build them but he did you a hammer.
A
Tony uses a hammer to fix everything... :lol:
I'd agree with the comments on the LCD's, I ran them for over a year and never had an issue with reliability.
If you're mega paraniod , you can always use the CVD trick and heatshrink the joint area to stop the pins from coming out.
AmiSMB
04-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know if the front A3228 LCD's has a 1/4 axle or the 3/16 axle?
tyreman
04-03-2008, 05:13 PM
They come with the 3/8 x 3/16 axle as standard so all of the wheel bearings throughout the car are the same.
N7ELA
14-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Rear CVD's are readily available from america via ebay. you can get alloy, shiney or normal ones. front ones however are a little harder to find. front alloy ones are on ebay in america right now. Only cost about £25 a pair including delivery.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.