View Full Version : Longer shock ball ends?
Mash Potato
11-12-2011, 03:34 PM
As above, rather than the standard B4 shock ends, is there any others that are longer, thus making the shock a bit longer, that will fit the B4?
Toyman
12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
if you do have B4, you can change the shafts to b4.1 ones. This will give you 0.09" in the front, the rear is also longer, but I don't remember exactly by how much .
MiCk B.
12-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi,
The stock B4 shafts are 0.71" & 1.02" in the rear.
So you can change to the 0.80" (b4.1 & b44) shafts for the front.
For the rear you can change to the 1.32" shafts.
MiCk B. :-)
Chrislong
12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I would encourage the change of shafts as mentioned over longer rod ends (if they are available), as the longer ball ends would raise the spring cup and act as a bump stop... this is not good, especially if it won't allow the chassis to bottom as the shock length is too long.
sosidge
12-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi,
The stock B4 shafts are 0.71" & 1.02" in the rear.
So you can change to the 0.80" (b4.1 & b44) shafts for the front.
For the rear you can change to the 1.32" shafts.
MiCk B. :-)
I think you are going to start losing bump travel if you fit 1.32 shafts in the 1.18 bodies that are on the rear of a B4. The 1.32 shafts will want to go through the top of the shock unless you fit some spacers.
What is your reason for wanting to run longer shocks?
Mash Potato
12-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I think you are going to start losing bump travel if you fit 1.32 shafts in the 1.18 bodies that are on the rear of a B4. The 1.32 shafts will want to go through the top of the shock unless you fit some spacers.
What is your reason for wanting to run longer shocks?
Thanks for all the help all. It's actually just the front I want to change. If I fit the longer shafts are these likely to foul the top of the shock when compressed?
Basically I want longer shocks as I want more droop on the front. The length (or rather lack of) at the front seems to be the limiting factor on my car.
sosidge
12-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks for all the help all. It's actually just the front I want to change. If I fit the longer shafts are these likely to foul the top of the shock when compressed?
Basically I want longer shocks as I want more droop on the front. The length (or rather lack of) at the front seems to be the limiting factor on my car.
Won't be a problem on the front, the .80 shafts from the B44 will go straight in.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.