View Full Version : What is the fastest servo for 1/10th?
The Chef
11-12-2011, 07:39 PM
As above I run a 1258 in my durango and it is a lot quicker than the 1256 in my Vega. Is there a quicker servo than the 1258 or should I just roll with another 1258?
dobber
11-12-2011, 07:44 PM
I've got a hotbodies one in my 502x and it's by far the fastest one at SHRCCC. Bit pricey but I got mine second hand :)
paulc
11-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I'd try swapping the servo's round have the faster one in the 2wd
colmo
11-12-2011, 08:23 PM
I suspect you won't find a faster one than this, if you hook it directly into your lipo. Price isn't bad, either - worth a punt, maybe? Out of stock, mind.
Mi Digital High Voltage Metal Gear Servo 8.40kg / 0.03 / 61g
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/catalog/18399.jpg (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18399)
Voltage: 6.0v / 7.4v
Speed: 0.04sec/60deg (6.0v) - 0.03sec/60deg (7.4v)
Torque: 7.00kg.cm (6.0v) - 8.40kg.cm (7.4v)
Size: 40.1mm x 20.5mm x 39.4mm
Weight: 61g
Gear Train: Full Titanium Alloy
Motor: Coreless
$35.69
The Chef
11-12-2011, 10:20 PM
I suspect you won't find a faster one than this, if you hook it directly into your lipo. Price isn't bad, either - worth a punt, maybe? Out of stock, mind.
Mi Digital High Voltage Metal Gear Servo 8.40kg / 0.03 / 61g
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/catalog/18399.jpg (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18399)
Voltage: 6.0v / 7.4v
Speed: 0.04sec/60deg (6.0v) - 0.03sec/60deg (7.4v)
Torque: 7.00kg.cm (6.0v) - 8.40kg.cm (7.4v)
Size: 40.1mm x 20.5mm x 39.4mm
Weight: 61g
Gear Train: Full Titanium Alloy
Motor: Coreless
$35.69
Looks good. Who stocks them this side?
tomtom
11-12-2011, 11:12 PM
After trying a low profile Savox, I try the Orion 1007, nice and more precise. Then move to the KO2413 and it was a huge improvement. In fact too much speed but very nice.
Bought a used RSX (KO) and even if I barely try it (wait for my Vega long chassis RB5). It's even better, very quiet and seems very nice. Way too expensive new but worth it.
colmo
12-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Looks good. Who stocks them this side?
No retailers in the UK that I know of, sorry.
TARTMAN
12-12-2011, 06:22 PM
they take about 3 or 4 weeks to arrive and you can get stung with clearence fees and VAT if your unlucky, I have been stung every time i have got something from them,. Makes stuff not so cheap after all Postage is high to,........ and backup? well, ship it back to hongkong of it goes wrong......
I only buy stuff from them that cant be faulty now, as had a esc faulty and not worth sending it back due to costs.:thumbdown:
Looks good. Who stocks them this side?
teambowen
12-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Have a look at this.
http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/ko-propo/ps-2113-fet
Won't get much faster than this and with 9.5kg should have plenty of torque.
Jamie.
matdodd
12-12-2011, 11:44 PM
If your looking for another Savox take a look at the 1257TG which is a little faster than the 1258TG
Timee80
12-12-2011, 11:48 PM
id take some figures (0.03) with a pinch of salt. The savox 1257 is very fast. Ive had the 1258 and 1257, both are excellent. Either will be fine mate
dobber
13-12-2011, 06:20 AM
DSJ-1SS High Speed Digital Servo
For Touring Car and 1/8th scale Buggies
Speed: 0.06sec/cm
Torque: 13kg/cm
Thi is a peach of a servo!
colmo
13-12-2011, 09:07 AM
DSJ-1SS High Speed Digital Servo
For Touring Car and 1/8th scale Buggies
Speed: 0.06sec/cm
Torque: 13kg/cm
Thi is a peach of a servo!
£150! :cry:
Beyond Savox, the GM servos are very good. They're a bit naughty with their specs, because they measure speed over a smaller arc than every other servo (40 degrees instead of 60 degrees, so multiply speed by 1.5 for comparison, bringing it to 0.06sec), but the specs are still good, and the price, crucially, is right, plus Schumacher backing.
http://www.racing-cars.com/images/GM7954_w.jpg (http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Manufacturer/GM_Racing/GM7953.html)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.