PDA

View Full Version : Lipo help


steve-thebabystore
11-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi, just finishing converting my EB4 S3 to brushless and the final piece of the puzzle is the cells, what is the voltage/pack size etc I am Brca legally okay to use?

badger5
12-12-2011, 05:15 AM
At the moment there are no rules from the BRCA for 1/8th scale electric buggies, so most people adopt the US ROAR rules. I think the maximum voltage is 4S and max size of the battery is the same as 2 x 2S batteries. And of course the normal only hard cased batteries to be used. But you can download the full ROAR rule book from www.roarracing.com

jasonwipf
13-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Ya the trend is 4s and roar rules. But a lot of people here in the states hate the 4s rule and ROAR in general. 5s and 6s is very nice and there is not major disadvantage to it.

xnitrorc
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Ya the trend is 4s and roar rules. But a lot of people here in the states hate the 4s rule and ROAR in general. 5s and 6s is very nice and there is not major disadvantage to it.

Experiment with different voltages 4s is preferred mostly to 6s 6s is mental but you have to hit the breaks hard in the corners and you loose time 4s is slower on the straights but quicker in the corners.

So its all down to your driving style.

If your going to 6s id start at 4s first to get the hang of it

h0m3sy
12-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Is it best to use 2x7.4 packs as opposed to 1x14.8 pack? What packs are best to use?

HOTSHOT III
16-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Is it best to use 2x7.4 packs as opposed to 1x14.8 pack? What packs are best to use?

I use 2 x 7.4v packs in my HPI Vorza simply because I also have a Kyosho Lazer ZX-5SP which I bought in 2008 (the last one they made with a stick pack chassis) and when I went 1/8th and needed to buy LiPos having the convenience of being able to use the same batteries in both cars was a big part of the decision for me.

One 4s pack will give the advantage of tidier wiring but it doesn't really make any difference to the performance, in either case that comes down to the quality/discharge rate of the actual cells and ESC/Motor combo.

h0m3sy
16-05-2012, 10:00 AM
I plumped for the LRP ix8 and LRP 2200kv motor, I got 4 x 6000mah 65c 7.4v batterys. Should do the job I hope. :thumbsup: