PDA

View Full Version : JQ THE Car Tekno V4 Electric Conversion


unseenmagik
16-12-2011, 08:21 PM
( All pictures are clickable and will enlarge )

Hi All.

I decided to test out the JQ Electric conversion by RC-Monster and i really liked it Soooo I decided to take it a little further and go with the Tekno V4 Complete conversion.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0224.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0224.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0226.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0226.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0229.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0229.jpg)

Here is a little information on the JQ Tekno Conversion kit first.

This is the Tekno RC V4 Brushless Electric Conversion Kit, and is intended for use with JQ Products THE Car. This V4 Kit for THE Car is different from the standard V4 conversions. It features a unique motor mount design that allows the use of a standard pinion gear or Traktion Drive system, depending on which direction the center differential is installed. Additionally, it retains the use of the differential pinion gear outdrives and uses Tekno dog bones.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_TKR4512-complete.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=TKR4512-complete.jpg)

Features:

Black anodized CNC aluminum motor mount
**Flip the center diff gear to the front position for standard pinion gear use
**Flip the center diff gear to the rear position for Traktion Drive use
Two screws are used to secure the motor - one on top and one on bottom, so the mesh and your motor are as secure as possible.
Remove the top screw and loosen the bottom screw and the motor slides right out.
Motor and battery are as close to center and as far forward as possible
Center Dogbones
Uses the stock Front/Rear differential pinion gear outdrives
Uses the stock front and rear chassis braces


Kit Includes:



CNC Machined 7075 Aluminum Chassis
Black Anodized CNC Machined 6061 Aluminum Motor Mount (42mm, for Castle, Tekin)
Hardened Steel Front and Rear Center Dogbone Driveshafts
Battery Tray
Battery Straps
Receiver Box
ESC Tray
Mud Guards
Servo Mounts
Transponder Mount


Ok now for where it all started.

Well i removed the RC Monster Electric conversion from my JQ Buggy and gave that to my old boy who has also gone electric now. It was time for my buggy to have a little update with some new plastics and a few replacement parts as their over a season old sooooo i took a look at my spares box and realised that i have enough parts to build a compelte new car ( well almost - needed a few bits )

So i started the build from scratch from bags of parts from my spares box. Now i have the Chasis and all the electric conversion kit parts all i needed was the Front and Rear end components, oh and the centre diff.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0299.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0299.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0264.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0264.jpg)

So now i can pop all the Nitro parts back in my old JQ and have the best of both worlds with Electric and Nitro. The build went really well, the conversion kit fits excellent.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0275-1.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0275-1.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0295.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0295.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0284.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0284.jpg)

Also fitted with this conversion was the Tekno Electro-Traction-Clutch system. Basicly this lets you use a standard Clutch Bell and Clutch instead of a pinion gear. Fitted to the electric motor shaft is a special flywheel enabling you to use the above.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0291.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0291.jpg)


Along with the New car i had to go with the new wing.
The Wing skin done by TKR " Mark Kay " for the Memorial race for Dez Chand in January.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0287.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0287.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0288.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0288.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0286.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0286.jpg)

So my current Setup is:

Turnigy Trackstar 150amp ESC ( replica of the Castle Creations MM )
Trackstar 2650kv Motor ( Castle Creations replica )
Turnigy Nano-Tech 6000Mah 4S 65c-130c Lipo's
Savox Servo
KO Propo Helious EX-10 RX
Spektrum Receiver


http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0274.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0274.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0282.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0282.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0284.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0284.jpg)

Running with the Lightened Outdrives, Center Diff cups and Rear Alloy hubs.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0289.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0289.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0278-1.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0278-1.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0261.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0261.jpg)

unseenmagik
16-12-2011, 08:22 PM
So to complete this up, here are a few more shots.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0264.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0264.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0266.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0266.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0267.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0267.jpg)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0268.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0268.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0270.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0270.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0263.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0263.jpg)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0280-1.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0280-1.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0283.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0283.jpg) http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0275-1.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0275-1.jpg)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/th_IMG_0295.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?action=view&current=IMG_0295.jpg)

You can find Many more pictures within my Photo Bucket Account.

CLICK HERE ! (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/unseenmagik/JQ%20THE%20E%20Car%20Tekno%20Conversion/?start=all)

Hop you all like it, any questions please feel free to ask me.

I cant explain everything here and i have no doubt forgot some stuff lol.

Thanks
Ben

jimmy
16-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Nice one ben, I have been looking at this conversion - good price and I have the JQ & electrics all ready to go.

Looks awesome, thanks for the write up!

Nas
16-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Looks really good :)

unseenmagik
17-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Nice one ben, I have been looking at this conversion - good price and I have the JQ & electrics all ready to go.

Looks awesome, thanks for the write up!

Hiya Jimmy.

Thanks for that. I had the RC Monster conversion before this BUT this TeknoRC conversion looks and feels the nuts, The weight and balance of the car is spot on. If your looking at it, it wouldnt look any more get it :-)
Its a great price at the moment too.

As for the write up, thats just the completes project, i have tons of pictures from the build soooooo i could do a build thread but they take a decade to write up lol.

Looks really good :)

Thanks mate :D

joho
29-12-2011, 10:40 AM
What spur/pinion are you using for the JQ conversion? I am using a 2650KV Tekin motor and I am not sure what gear ratio I should run. Thank you very much for the help!

VillageIdiot
29-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Nice little write up there fella!

unseenmagik
07-03-2012, 03:33 PM
What spur/pinion are you using for the JQ conversion? I am using a 2650KV Tekin motor and I am not sure what gear ratio I should run. Thank you very much for the help!

Im using the smooth gearing kit with mine. so running 45/14 this is with a 2050 Tekin motor


Nice little write up there fella!

Cheers

kartstuffer
29-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Are these available anywhere?

eyeayen
31-03-2015, 12:17 AM
I think JQ make their own electric car or you can buy a Tekno chassis.

Tekno Buggy is available HERE (http://www.futureworldmodels.com/tekno-eb482-18th-4wd-buggy-kit-c2x14161288)

Review of the JQ E-car build up HERE (http://www.rcracingni.co.uk/?p=145948)

Available HERE (http://modeltune.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=661_898&product_id=6279)

kartstuffer
02-04-2015, 01:40 AM
Thanks for that .
Jq do their own conversion but are not in stock at the moment and tekno don't seem to do one anymore.
I have a jq white nitro so just looking for the conversion kit if anyone knows or has one for sale.
What's the best electrics to go for??
Thanks

eyeayen
02-04-2015, 10:21 AM
There doesn't seem to be anything about for it, this original post dates back to the end of 2011 and it seemed bigger then, I can't find anything about it now on the RC Monster website or even Amain.

Have you tried sourcing separate parts from spares available, probably more expensive than buying the dedicated kit one.

Have you contacted either JQ or Tekno directly rather than just looking on websites for stock ? Sometimes they have old stuff lurking around that isn't listed as in stock ? Perhaps worth looking into if they can help you directly ?

eyeayen
02-04-2015, 10:30 AM
I just looked on the JQ website and found the part number for the conversion kit - JQS0033

So I googled that and this turned up

http://www.hobbyarea.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1371&language=en&osCsid=1ee3be8bc3b85386383b7a91226148a6

It's from Italy so don't know what the postage would be but might be worth a try depending on how badly you want it ?

Is there no UK stockist to check with any more ? Post into the JQ section in here, I'm sure one of their drivers could help out with a better answer than I can ?

kartstuffer
02-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Thanks for that.

blade
03-04-2015, 08:55 PM
hi Ivan modeltune.com are the jq stockist for Ireland and uk as for electrics I am using hobby wing ezrun wp 2000kv combo for the last few months no problems so far:thumbsup:

kartstuffer
04-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Cheers guys
Still looking for a conversion kit if anyone has 1.

blade
08-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Looks like a main have it in stock

kartstuffer
10-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks John