PDA

View Full Version : mini 8-heavy nose


toddzellia
22-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Just woundering if you guys been having problems with a heavy front end on your mini8 or is just me? If so what didi you do to fix it?

rcdunk
22-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Just woundering if you guys been having problems with a heavy front end on your mini8 or is just me? If so what didi you do to fix it?

do you mean when jumping ? if so what rear wing are you using ? kit one ?
I and several others have tried the wing back to back with the phat bodies rear wing and other large wings helps the car junmp better and also gives a little less high speed steering which we have found also helps

toddzellia
22-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes ,Spot on :thumbsup:Im waiting for the new mini 8 phat body to be released and going to give it a go,I checked out there website and saw the different wings but wasn't sure how they would perform.cheers:)

Jonesy
22-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I've stuck a huge wing on the back of mine but to be honest I'm finding that the profile of the jumps is having a huge impact. If the jumps are built correctly the car will glide nicely, if not it won't

Stick a bigger wing on and give it a go, see what you think

Jason A
22-12-2011, 11:56 PM
The phat bodies bat wings seem to work well on the losi I ran the bigger sized one for the last national.

:thumbsup:

markwilliamson2001
23-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Seeing as the Shark has a similar layout, why not try doing what I did, and add some brass sheet under the lipo, and some next to the motor? Only need a bit with the big wing as well.

toddzellia
23-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Great guyz I will be deffentily getting the bigger wing but as for now I added some lead weight under the wing on the wing mount and used some zips to scure it :eh?:alittle bit micky mouse :p but it worked and kept the nose up alittle more on the jumps.But now I need to change the raido and raceiver lots hesatation and delay going with the Fly Sky FS-GT3B-:)

toddzellia
20-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Ok so I changed the raido/reciver 2.4GHZ, Flysky GT3b big differance in steering and control also went with the big bat wing from phat bodies.
The buggy jumps and handels soooo much better :thumbsup: really big differance...... went with the wing kit :) I also just bought some rally blocks (yellow)going to test them out this wed,cant waite :woot:

styleone
20-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Ok so I changed the raido/reciver 2.4GHZ, Flysky GT3b big differance in steering and control also went with the big bat wing from phat bodies.
The buggy jumps and handels soooo much better :thumbsup: really big differance...... went with the wing kit :) I also just bought some rally blocks (yellow)going to test them out this wed,cant waite :woot:

Sounds like you are ready to roll there with those upgrades/adjustments. Most racers who run 16th 4wd will also advise you trying white rally blocks (softer then yellow) as a grip/traction tuning aid on certain carpet and slippy mixed surface tracks. The whites can make a really dramatic difference to handling/grip levels.

Have a blast with yellows first then try whites as soon as you feel comfortable with your current changes....P.S Phat Bodies Big Bat Wing rules!! Great choice :thumbsup:

toddzellia
20-01-2012, 05:21 PM
CHEERS MATE:thumbsup::)

racingben
20-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Try running a rear shock tower on the front. I have done this and it lands very well. My rear shock oil is a little soft at the moment but look at this video to see how the car performs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHdT8Yi1RsA

toddzellia
21-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Looks quite good :thumbsup: love the track you guys have there, ours is so small copared to that one maybe a 1/3 of the size.Are you running the rear shock tower in F&B or did you just swap them.?

racingben
22-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Rear towers all round