View Full Version : Tires for carpet
Ruffy
30-12-2011, 01:20 AM
What tires (part no's) are recommended for racing on a carpet track with jumps?
This will be my first time trying a mid motor 22 on a carpet off-road track, and wanted to get a few tires that those of you who race on carpet may recommend.
TKG26
30-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Schumacher minipin rear. Stager cut fronts
Jaune
30-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Like he said.
I Tried the front mini pins but they had too much traction for that car. The cut stagger seem to be a good balance.
J.Phelps
30-12-2011, 06:36 AM
What foams are you Jaune with that combo?
knighthawk
30-12-2011, 11:26 AM
For the Rear;
U6608 - Schumacher Mini Pin Tyres (Rear/Yellow/Pair)
U6747 - Schumacher Tubby Foam Tyre Inserts (Medium/Rear/Pair)
Now there is some debate about the front inserts with the different Front Tyres, so there is a choice, but its up to you. Cut Staggers are more aggressive than normal Staggers but are a lower profile.
U6759 - Schumacher Cut Stagger Tyre (Yellow/Slim/Pair)
U6738 - Schumacher Foam Tyre Insert (Med/Front Slim 2WD/Pair)
or
U6592 - Schumacher Stagger Rib (Yellow/Slim/Pair)
with no insert
hotrodchris
30-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Ballistic white mini pins with tubby inserts on the rear with cut staggers and no insert on the front, try all the combo's as what works for 1 may not work for all!
Jaune
30-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Same for me for the rear, med tubby foam. For front I run med 4wd front insert (wider) and run them full width. Looks like there is a lot of combo that works so try them all, its fairly cheap just to play with foam. I only glue the outside of the tire so I can try different things.
This week I tried the minispike up front and were not bad if you like a little more steering. It seem right in between the minipin and cut staggers. I had to go with softer rear spring and inner hole on the rear tower to make it comfortable to drive.
cryer-evo
03-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I like Shu yellow mine pins on the rear with soft foam insert and blue mini pins with mid insert front
Alan Reeves
04-01-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure how they will fare but I have just purchased a set of foam donuts which
I hope to try on my xxx-cr, years ago everyone used to use them at my local, I will be trying them in the next few weeks and will post my findings.
Not sure if all clubs allow them though so best find out first!
see link http://www.rc-direct.co.uk/-c-39_198_205.html, one tyre makes one front and one rear so two donuts need to be purchased.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.