View Full Version : x6 info
philipbrownnitroman
06-01-2012, 06:18 AM
On astro I have been trying the Matt Dodd set up
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xfactory/X6setupsheets/X6Sq_MattDodd_RHR20110507.pdf
What differance does it make to the steering if by having the studs set outer hole on the front tower and the hub carrier as opposed too having them set inner, inner
What changes would you make to race on carpet?
Why is the waight towards the front as opposed to under the Battery I use a stick lipo
PS I mostlty race at southport
YoungChazz
06-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I'll leave this for one of the Team guys to answer.
janus_77
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
On astro I have been trying the Matt Dodd set up
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xfactory/X6setupsheets/X6Sq_MattDodd_RHR20110507.pdf
What differance does it make to the steering if by having the studs set outer hole on the front tower and the hub carrier as opposed too having them set inner, inner
What changes would you make to race on carpet?
Why is the waight towards the front as opposed to under the Battery I use a stick lipo
PS I mostlty race at southport
2b: More aggressive/responsive feel, esp. entering the corner. But scrubs corner speed on longer corner or very high grip. ( but Matt is allways on the throttle, so no big issue for him :thumbsup: )
- Works well on tight technical tracks
1a: Slower feel, more grip in the latter part of the corner on longer corners. Less highspeed scrub in corners.
philipbrownnitroman
06-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the reply
Big E
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
For indoors I normally just go out on the rear arm to middle for the shocks and go to the inner position on the front chamber link to aid on power steering.
Other things you might then want is maybe thicker oil, longer wheel base but that is all dependent on each track.
The weight is forward to help steering, if you put it under the lip jt just increases the weight without changing the weight split at all.
E
philipbrownnitroman
07-01-2012, 05:43 AM
thanks for the info I am trying to improve my driving I am only a novice so trying to get a bit faster but to be honest I think the main problem is my concentration. although I may not have got much faster since using an x6 I dont turn over as much and it goes over the bumpy back section at southport alot smoother my b4 just seemed to bounce about over that part of the track
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.