spikey_58
08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi. Enjoyed my first visit today - was a lot busier than I thought it would be.
One thing which hit me was the sheer amount of kit people had, with chargers in corridors not to mention the main room. etc
Therefore, for a beginner like myself who hasn't got a whole heap of spares or parts to warrant a station, what is going to be wise with regards to batteries? Last time I bought a battery was over ten years ago and a NiCad so entering the whole LiPo (fire)world is something new and daunting.
Thus, when I go to JE to pick up an SXX and X12, what battery combo would be best? Would you say 1 larger capacity and C rating, or 2 medium sized ones? Options could be
x1 of Team Orion Carbon Pro 5500mAH 90C 7.4v @ £93.99
or
x2 of Team Orion 4000mAH Rcoket pack 25C 7.4v @ £49.99
I guess it all depends how long these packs would last? Would 1 pack do a day or more like 1 race?
Theres so much to learn with LiPo's your help would be appreciated as always
Thanks
One thing which hit me was the sheer amount of kit people had, with chargers in corridors not to mention the main room. etc
Therefore, for a beginner like myself who hasn't got a whole heap of spares or parts to warrant a station, what is going to be wise with regards to batteries? Last time I bought a battery was over ten years ago and a NiCad so entering the whole LiPo (fire)world is something new and daunting.
Thus, when I go to JE to pick up an SXX and X12, what battery combo would be best? Would you say 1 larger capacity and C rating, or 2 medium sized ones? Options could be
x1 of Team Orion Carbon Pro 5500mAH 90C 7.4v @ £93.99
or
x2 of Team Orion 4000mAH Rcoket pack 25C 7.4v @ £49.99
I guess it all depends how long these packs would last? Would 1 pack do a day or more like 1 race?
Theres so much to learn with LiPo's your help would be appreciated as always
Thanks