PDA

View Full Version : oOple slow?


av4625
08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
y is it so slow tonite is there a problem with it?

nmpsilva
08-01-2012, 11:11 PM
same here

Spoolio
08-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Dunno if it's anything to do with there being a big meeting on today and maybe loads of people hitting the site at the same time?????

Moozo
08-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Was like this last night.....but was ok during the day

Spoolio
08-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Seems to have unblocked itself now.

racingdwarf
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
OK now, but dog slow most of the afternoon

styleone
09-01-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm sure Jimmy will be able to expand on this but I'm guessing that if the site is being worked on by staff, like structural changes large uploads etc, this may cause some slower experiences. Of course there are many variables such as ISP speeds due to external maintenance, faults at ISP networks, large volumes of site traffic etc. All I know is, for a forum that has such high traffic and massive amounts of content things run fairly smoothly in general.

I'm sure I speak for the rest of the team when I say, if you experience any issues then let one of the mods know and rest assured, if Jimmy or the staff can make your experience better, they will. :)

VillageIdiot
09-01-2012, 10:57 AM
It appears to be when there is a high volume of users online, looks like oople will been bigger servers.

eyeayen
09-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Last night when I was looking there were close to 400 on here ( members and guests added together ), it's a lot for the site to contend with. Also I noticed today that I didn't see yesterday the folders at the thread titles are little oOple buggy logo's now, I saw someone post about this the other day but mine still displayed as folders. Perhaps an update for the platform I'm on or something ?

Anyway, all seems to be running fine now :D

mark christopher
09-01-2012, 05:02 PM
It appears to be when there is a high volume of users online, looks like oople will been bigger servers.
or users to post less crap!;)

stegger
09-01-2012, 09:04 PM
or users to post less crap!;)

As Mark has said, the utter S##TE that's posted in some threads and highjacking of threads makes it very hard to find what you need :eh?: Getting a bigger server is just compansating for all the idiots postin S##TE

The Chef
09-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Slower than a stoned snail here too. Has been for a couple of days.

JCJC
09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
'Most users ever online was 493, 2 Hours Ago at 08:58 PM.'

2 big meetings coming up, 280 on line now, 140 members & 140 guests. Don't know when these numbers are updated or what it means but its slow and hard work. Me I'me old and off to bed (slow and hard work my self), sleep well.

crap posts about crap posts about crap posts and utter S##TE...........what next

kaylon
23-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Very slow again now... really really slow... today.

J

dibble34
24-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Anyone else getting bad lag when posting from iPad/iPhone?

matthew
24-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I was having the same problem last night to the point where I just had to come off it but it seem fine today, maybe not as many users as last night..

Big G
24-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Anyone else getting bad lag when posting from iPad/iPhone?

yes. like you type and it doesn't appear straight away. I was beginning to think my phone might be clogged up with shit haha

dibble34
24-01-2012, 11:26 AM
I wondered if it was my Internet, but only affected on this site. Drives me nuts :woot:

knighthawk
24-01-2012, 02:00 PM
It's been like this for me for around 2 weeks
Worse at night after 7pm
Thought it was my internet so contacted Sky, they said it's not them !
And yes it's only oOple that seems to be happening on

Any known issues from the Mods !!

U1timate PigDog
24-01-2012, 03:01 PM
I've also noticed the site has been really slow on a few ocassions, (slower than the M1 in rush hour) like said previously it seems to be later in the evening, and Ive had a few pm's that I'm not sure have gone through due to this issue.

Seems fine today so far :D. Maybe the amount of users online at once causing congestion so to speak :lol:, and those bottle neckers really dont help the situation lol.

Spoolio
30-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Please can any of you IT geniuses out there explain why posting anything on here off an iPad and iPod touch is so flippin' slow. Mine lags ages behind my typing then misses random letters out when it catches up and don't even get me started on back spacing errors, jeez :mad:. I mean, what's up with it?

I don't think it's a Vbulletin thing as other forums I've been on seem OK.

Layloo9136
31-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Its not just an ipod or ipad issue. It's an overall issue as I experience the same thing on my laptop pc and phone too. Although intermittantly.

dibble34
12-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Has anyone else found oople very slow recently? I've been unable to use it the last 2 evenings, because the pages wont load. Ok in the morning though

paulc
12-06-2012, 05:52 AM
About 3 or 4 days ago it would'nt load up but been fine since then :)

JCJC
12-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Sunday and Monday about 10pm unable to get site to load, no problems now or all day Sunday and Monday.

dibble34
12-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Yeah same here, last 2 evenings been bad, but daytime is fine. Maybe the server can't cope with the load in the evenings

BenStephenson
12-06-2012, 09:08 AM
yeah ive had the same thing.

alan p
12-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm glad i read this I thought it was my PC playing up :lol:

metalmickey0
12-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm glad i read this I thought it was my PC playing up :lol:
Ditto. Thought it was my pc too. Last 2 evening it just wouldnt load and kept timing out but other sites worked perfect. Its now 11.45 in the morning and so far its going ok. Dont know about later when everyone gets home from work:)

ceejay21
12-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Ive had problems too, maybe the servers need updating considering this is such a big forum now. It becomes unusable after about 9pm every evening.

dibble34
12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Glad its not just me then! Seems ok at the moment. Must be a user load thing.

Are the mods/Jimmy aware of the problem?

chickentikka25
12-06-2012, 06:55 PM
It's as crashy as Kobayashi at the moment!

purplenut
12-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Ive put this up twice before with no result so glad to see this on here, i did say about us paying jimmy a little to help out I'm sure if we all paid a small fee to use this site it would help and stop people taking our money at the same time...:thumbsup:
This site rules:thumbsup:

eyeayen
12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
It's slow when there are a huge amount of users on it, normally Sunday evening between 19:00 and 22:30 hours when everyone is talking about their days racing and putting up stuff for sale.

There used to be a donate button on the site but it's disappeared ?

Mrs oOple
20-06-2012, 10:33 PM
oOple has been faster for me since the server was upgraded, was quite upsettingly slow before, for the price we pay each month. Hope it's improved for everyone else too?

paulc
17-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Going slow again for me sometimes it's not loading up at all :(

TARTMAN
18-07-2012, 09:24 AM
some times, it does not even load at all........ and pic uploads often take forever....

But as we dont pay for it, i guess, we cant moan to much....

I think if we would all be happy to pay a little one off if it helped with speed/data tansfer............ But would it>???:confused:

bodgit
18-07-2012, 09:59 AM
There used to be a donate button so you could donate cash to o0ple from say a sale you made and saved on ebay fee,s.
The button has gone now for some reason.