PDA

View Full Version : 22 diff slipping?


HyperDunley
09-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi, I have just started to run my 22 and have noticed that the diff is slipping when used on carpet. I have tightened the slipper/spur nut as far as it will go but I am still getting the slipping noise.

Any ideas for a cure on this as I am sure its not normal :eh?: lol

Thanks for your help ;)

Delves
09-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Have you tried tightening up the diff? You dont want the slipper done right up tight.

HyperDunley
09-01-2012, 01:06 PM
How tight should it be dude? Dont want to strip the butter like diff nut lol

Have you tried tightening up the diff? You dont want the slipper done right up tight.

Delves
09-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi

I wouldnt say the diff nut is butter-like, but if you are worried about stripping the standard diff nut have a look at the Gen 2 diff nut from TLR.

As for setting up the diff and slipper, have a look here;

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/512013-how-properly-build-break-ball-differential-slipper-clutch.html

Hopefully this will help you to get it right :)

HyperDunley
09-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Cheers Delves, appreciate your help mate :thumbsup:

Jaune
09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
I put a small amount of CA on the nut before dropping it in the plastic insert. It doesn't have to be super tight if it had a good "break-in".

I still think ball diff are good but I really enjoy the gear diff now as I don't have to deal with slipping issues anymore.

racingdwarf
09-01-2012, 03:52 PM
I put a small amount of CA on the nut before dropping it in the plastic insert. It doesn't have to be super tight if it had a good "break-in".

I still think ball diff are good but I really enjoy the gear diff now as I don't have to deal with slipping issues anymore.

+1 on the CA. It's a must.after this I have never had a problem:thumbsup:

RDG 40
09-01-2012, 07:34 PM
sounds silly but ive done it recently coming from AE as they have flat edge on plates and no need to use grease for friction, have you got grease outdrive to ring?

without that it just keeps slipping, aswell as grease ring to balls

Russ

TKG26
10-01-2012, 04:53 AM
I tossed out the 22 nut and screw. And dropped in the AE6575 and never looked back, i could finally adjust and re adjust and not strip the nut... i ran this till the gear diff came out
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictures/products/6575/6575_md.jpg

haris
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
+1
It must be a plastic nut holder issue coz I couldn't get Diff to be tight enough without eventually stripping it out (event while in break in stage)
Anyway, when geared diff now and have more time to work on other things rather than adjusting and maintaining the ball diff...

TKG26
10-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Its more of an issue of closing a thread that is to fine and a screw that is to thin. The ae part above is thicker and usesa more robust thread

steveproracing
10-01-2012, 11:31 PM
I've found a magic combo for my ball diff

I use ae carbide balls. Tlr plates
Mk2 tlr screw n nut. With a tamiya trf511 thrust race
Silky smooth. No slip. Not a lot if tension needed in screw
Lasts months between rebuilds.


I use only very little ae grease on both sides of diff plates
Then ae black grease on thrust

I don't use the ae screw as the diameter is too big for tam thrust race