PDA

View Full Version : Losi 4WD


martgifford
11-01-2012, 06:19 AM
I notice that on my 22 there is a hole for a drive shaft in the front caster blocks. I don't want to start rumours but surely this means that Losi will be releasing one soon. Its so long waiting. Does anyone have any idea if it is likely. Does anyone have an explanation for the hole in the front hub carrier/caster block?

mof
11-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Speaking of Losi and 4WD...

http://rcinsider.com/?p=22905

...back to XX-4?

Projectzip
11-01-2012, 02:00 PM
If any announcement is made about a new car it wont be until Nuremberg in February I would imagine.

till
11-01-2012, 09:11 PM
It will be anounced, I talked to a teamdrive who has it on his desk since more then a month. He told me it won´t have an belt, sadly =(

martgifford
11-01-2012, 11:44 PM
It will be anounced, I talked to a teamdrive who has it on his desk since more then a month. He told me it won´t have an belt, sadly =(

We have one month to wait to see if you are indeed correct

RDG 40
12-01-2012, 12:13 AM
If true then this makes me happy!!!!!

jimmy
12-01-2012, 12:20 AM
It will be anounced, I talked to a teamdrive who has it on his desk since more then a month. He told me it won´t have an belt, sadly =(

Hmmmm back to the first losi worlds winning 4wd drivetrain? Chain? Lol

knighthawk
12-01-2012, 01:31 PM
If it is indeed a shaftdrive then I'm gonna
stick with my Tamiya TRF511

Been waiting and hanging on for the new 4WD
now it seems a little disappointing

till
12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
yes, for me to! I´d love to have a belt driven buggy.

Projectzip
12-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Twin motor drive!
no Shaft no Belt no Chain

;)

Robocop
12-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I would not be supprised if it looks like the mini 8ight but bigger

OneKiwi
12-01-2012, 09:05 PM
nah its going to have to run off the 22 platform, its going to be very interesting to see what they have come up with

lynx75
14-01-2012, 02:24 PM
No ones know how TLR is going to planning for the 4WD world.

IMHO, I hope TLR will create and planning a new 4WD around the XX4 WE platform revised for the current Century. Belts drivetrain forever....

ScreamingT
27-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Any news on that front?

Still got my XX4 first version with some mods -one of the best cars ever-but it is not easy to keep it from breaking plastic parts all around with the brushless and lipo power of today

freddie
03-02-2012, 10:27 PM
anyone got any news yet ??

Razer
03-02-2012, 10:45 PM
I interviewed and talked to Todd Hodge at the Nuremberg toy fair today, and there will be no 4wd car just yet. He could openly tell me they're working on it, and they do a lot of testing with the XX-4 now, because, and I quote "there's just something about that car"... As far as I could understand, before the worlds next year is the big plan:-)

Gayo
03-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow, great news Razer, thanks.

lynx75
04-02-2012, 06:43 PM
I interviewed and talked to Todd Hodge at the Nuremberg toy fair today, and there will be no 4wd car just yet. He could openly tell me they're working on it, and they do a lot of testing with the XX-4 now, because, and I quote "there's just something about that car"... As far as I could understand, before the worlds next year is the big plan:-)

Thank you for the update.

I am in contact with Dan Hissam through the rctech.net and all of us we are talking about the XX4 platform. Fortunately I've got my XX4 WE always ready for racing.

Very happy to wait the TLR plans for the 4WD future...

racingdwarf
04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm glad they are looking hard at the xx4, dam good car,the only car to poss have the legendary tag also held by the RC10 tbh keep the design and just work on a few bits that need to be stronger for todays faster with bigger jumps style tracks:thumbsup:

mof
22-03-2012, 12:29 PM
TLR Facebook page says...

"I just wanted to let everyone know tomorrow it maybe a good idea to check out http://t.co/IOO2h6xt!! That's all I can say today!!"

Maybe the 4wd is finally here? :wub

cmgreen
22-03-2012, 12:52 PM
ooooo

RDG 40
22-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Be a nice thort if it was a losi 4wd but itl jus be summot for americans I'd say

Moose
22-03-2012, 06:30 PM
think they said autumn for the new car. It should be too early for the 4WD

PaulUpton
22-03-2012, 08:02 PM
TLR Facebook page says...

"I just wanted to let everyone know tomorrow it maybe a good idea to check out http://t.co/IOO2h6xt!! That's all I can say today!!"

Maybe the 4wd is finally here? :wub

if its the same thing i saw then its a new SC body

Frecklychimp
23-03-2012, 01:09 AM
This has just gone up:

http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=TLR8060

:yawn:

mof
23-03-2012, 04:40 AM
This has just gone up:

http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=TLR8060

:yawn:

Which is good (hopefully), since the facebook page suggested on following the tlr site, not losi site... But yeah, not holding my breath :)

Aran
23-03-2012, 09:05 AM
More likely 2wd short course

Frecklychimp
23-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Which is good (hopefully), since the facebook page suggested on following the tlr site, not losi site... But yeah, not holding my breath :)

The part number is a TLR code,

If you watch the YouTube link from the Facebook page the TLR team are at the Cactus Classic meeting and the SCT body is the new product announcement!

The 4WD is a long way off, as is the 22 SCT...

The news I want is an alloy lipo chassis XX4 rerelease with TLR shocks fitted and being able to share wheels and metric hardware with my 22 :drool:

Gnarly Old Dog
23-03-2012, 10:38 AM
That does look like a sweet body - even if it wasn't the announcement that was hoped for by many - it still looks really cool and I hope that it is available really soon.

PaulUpton
23-03-2012, 02:58 PM
The part number is a TLR code,

If you watch the YouTube link from the Facebook page the TLR team are at the Cactus Classic meeting and the SCT body is the new product announcement!

The 4WD is a long way off, as is the 22 SCT...

The news I want is an alloy lipo chassis XX4 rerelease with TLR shocks fitted and being able to share wheels and metric hardware with my 22 :drool:

i heard a rumour the 22SCT will be debuted in a few weeks....but again only a rumour

jaydits
23-03-2012, 03:54 PM
allu xx4 would be my choicen too