PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Lipo charger and batteries


littlened
16-01-2012, 11:55 AM
As the title says really.

I've currently got a couple of sets of 5200 NiHM batteries and a charger. I've not raced for ages and it seems everyone is using Lipo batteries now.

Do I need one set of batteries or two?

I don't want anything too expensive, budget, but half decent will do.

oh, and yes, the ESC is capable of running Lipos.

Big G
16-01-2012, 12:04 PM
lipos can be re-charged over and over again from half flat state so you might only need the 1 set. If charged at 1c you should be able to recharge within the hour easily.

I found racing at my local club with 2 packs was manic and I constantly had to have the 1 charging and the other in the car. I now have 4 packs so I don't have to worry too much.

hotrodchris
16-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Theres a lot to choose from, but i like the Orion goes up to a 5amp charge, with a storage facility included but mainly due to it being 12volt and mains, i think retails between 80 and 90 pounds. :thumbsup: