PDA

View Full Version : ESC for Madrat - HELP


mosqui
17-01-2012, 04:18 AM
I have got no power in my Madrat, so I guess the ESC is not working, but here in Australia it's not easy to get parts. I was reading about the hong kong based suppliers but they don't have ESCs, only plastic parts. Then all the ESCs I found are mainly for brushless, which I'm trying to avoid at the moment as I'm happy with my brushed motor at the moment.
Any other solution for my ESC? I have a Sirius SE2. Can anyone recommend any different brand or type? I saw a Tamiya 1048, but not sure which motor I have and if it going to support it.

Thanks in advance

Mosqui

almunro
17-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Maybe try https://rchobbies.com.au/store/ (https://rchobbies.com.au/store/) as i know they stock Team C which is the same kit as a Madrat/Xpro. If they dont have what you need, they will definitely give you good advice.

You need to find out what turn your motor is and then you can find a cheap brushed esc on ebay these days. Im running brushed in my B4 and i have a LRP Quantum Super Sport and its handling my 11x3 motor fine. As brushless has become the rage everyone is getting rid of their brushed speedos so a good deal can be had on some quality gear. Id stick to the main brands like Tekin, Novak, LRP etc.

My 2c.
Alex

mosqui
17-01-2012, 02:13 PM
thanks I'll see what I can find. I pretty sure its a 21T motor, but not 100% sure.