View Full Version : Bloomfield TQ + Winning Area 51 Set ups
Delves
17-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi all
If you are after Darren Bloomfield winning set up from Area 51 at the weekend follow the link below;
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/j29_tlr/j29_setup/j29_setup_sheet.html
You will find both 22 and XXX4 set ups here.
cryer-evo
17-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi all
If you are after Darren Bloomfield winning set up from Area 51 at the weekend follow the link below;
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/j29_tlr/j29_setup/j29_setup_sheet.html
You will find both 22 and XXX4 set ups here.
The PDFs are blank ?
Delves
17-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Having a few issues with servers at the mo, but here are the JPEGS of them :)
Razer
17-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi all
If you are after Darren Bloomfield winning set up from Area 51 at the weekend follow the link below;
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/j29_tlr/j29_setup/j29_setup_sheet.html
You will find both 22 and XXX4 set ups here.
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/area51-2012/day1/bloom/OOP_8243.jpg
On this picture the link is on the caster block... ?
thats what the setup says???
J.Phelps
17-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Did he use a ball diff or gear?
Delves
17-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Did he use a ball diff or gear?
He used a ball diff as far as I know
Razer
17-01-2012, 01:40 PM
thats what the setup says???
Doh. Of course it does... I looked at the wrong sheet... :woot::woot:
Did he use a ball diff or gear?
He used a ball diff as far as I know
I was having a little look at Darren car whilst it was sat on the table after the 3rd final. The out drives look different on the ball diff compared to the geared diff, Darrens looked more like a ball diff :D.
Reevsey
17-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Darren ran the ball diff as did the rest of the guys running the car
We settled on the standard front link to give as much steering as possible due to running staggers and the carpet being a little on the low traction side.
Good day with 4 cars in the top 16 just a shame Darren was the only one in the A but the rest of us are working on joining him!!!
My standard base set up for outdoors is also now loaded on the horizon site http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/j29_tlr/j29_setup/j29_10th_setup/j29_sreeves_outdoor_starter.pdf
Si
Hi Simon
ive printed your,Delves and Darrens set ups this afternoon, you all seem to run the 3.5 HRC block but change the anti squat. Do you recommend leaving the 3.5 in and just play with anti squat
I'll run mainly at silverstone indoor and outdoord,stotfold and herts.
I wont hold you responsibly if it doesn't work for me :D:D
thanks
Ross
Reevsey
18-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi Ross
The 3.5 deg rear block we all seem to have settled on as it gives a good balance, i would only change this if either the track you race on is very low traction then maybe changing to a 4deg to help provide more traction or the opposite being on a very high grip track going down to 3 deg if you felt you needed a little more steering by loosing a little rear traction.
Anti squat for me is more of a personal choice than a rule so i am not supprised to see the 3 of us running different amounts
More = more drive and more pivot + the car will jump a little higher
Less = the opposite of the above
I tend to run 2.5 deg as at stotfold with all the jumps it helps me get the car round all the table tops
Hope that helps
Si
Hi Ross
The 3.5 deg rear block we all seem to have settled on as it gives a good balance, i would only change this if either the track you race on is very low traction then maybe changing to a 4deg to help provide more traction or the opposite being on a very high grip track going down to 3 deg if you felt you needed a little more steering by loosing a little rear traction.
Anti squat for me is more of a personal choice than a rule so i am not supprised to see the 3 of us running different amounts
More = more drive and more pivot + the car will jump a little higher
Less = the opposite of the above
I tend to run 2.5 deg as at stotfold with all the jumps it helps me get the car round all the table tops
Hope that helps
Si
Hi Si
That's great thanks :thumbsup:. I've got a 3.5 block, ill fit that and have a play with anti squat.
Thanks again.
Ross
Bob_Zahn
18-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Why such a large hole piston in the rear of Darren's 22? I watched the videos of the race and the track had a lot of big jumps. I would expect standard or smaller hole pistons to create more pack.
uijui
18-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Why such a large hole piston in the rear of Darren's 22? I watched the videos of the race and the track had a lot of big jumps. I would expect standard or smaller hole pistons to create more pack.
Little bit weaker traction carpet type? Softer rear = more rear grip ?
Buggy Driver
18-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Darren ran the ball diff as did the rest of the guys running the car
We settled on the standard front link to give as much steering as possible due to running staggers and the carpet being a little on the low traction side.
Good day with 4 cars in the top 16 just a shame Darren was the only one in the A but the rest of us are working on joining him!!!
My standard base set up for outdoors is also now loaded on the horizon site http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/j29_tlr/j29_setup/j29_10th_setup/j29_sreeves_outdoor_starter.pdf
Si
Darren stated on his standard setup he uses inline spindles along with the extra long front link, but now he ran the trailing ones with the standard link. You seem to run trailing either way.
How do they compare to each other, inline/ extra long and trailing/ normal length? Are the inline needed to compensate in a way?
Reevsey
18-01-2012, 11:50 PM
I would just stick to the trailing spindles, in line are very aggressive and I find my 22 has enough steering to not use the inline, as I rule I run the long link everywhere and only when I need more steering to I go to the standard shorter front link
Bob_Zahn
19-01-2012, 03:01 AM
Little bit weaker traction carpet type? Softer rear = more rear grip ?
I guess that could be the reason but bigger hole piston in the rear can also create more rotation as the shock oil will travel a lot faster through the piston.
Ruffy
20-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Why such a large hole piston in the rear of Darren's 22? I watched the videos of the race and the track had a lot of big jumps. I would expect standard or smaller hole pistons to create more pack.
Can anyone post a link to the videos? I'd like to watch them.
Can anyone post a link to the videos? I'd like to watch them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/o0ple/videos
Bob_Zahn
22-01-2012, 03:49 PM
I also noticed that Darren runs zero limiters in front shocks. Doesn't this cause the spindle to rub on the arms on full droop? Why no limiters?
Fred79
22-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Maybe more weight transfer? just guessing...
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.