View Full Version : EGM - Griffeen vs. Elsewhere
Legacy555
18-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi all DMCC Members,
As hopefully all of you know, an Extraordinary General Meeting for all fully paid up 2012 DMCC members will take place in late February - details to follow.
The purpose of the meeting will be solely to vote (probably by anonymous ballot) on whether we stay in the Naul for the Summer or go back to Griffeen Valley in Lucan for the summer. The meeting will not be a discussion forum with an open floor - instead, a summary of the key factors to be considered will be given to the membership, followed by a short questions and answers session through the chairman before the vote.
There are several major pro's and con's to each venue, including location, funding, fixed costs, weather, continued thursday night racing, size of track, facilities etc etc etc. The club committee will be producing totally impartial data sheets for each venue to help you decide.
I hope that club members will use this thread to ask the questions that you need to know well in advance of the meeting so that there is no confusion on the day.
The club committee members are on this forum regularly, so an answer should be swift.
Regards,
Will
The Doktor
18-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Just a couple of questions from me
1. has anyone spoken to the landlord in the naul to be sure how long the place is available to us?
2. if we dont go back to lucan is it possible we will loose the use of it?
3. Do we know if those members currently paying the fee towards rent are willing to pay for the summer?
cheers
Lee
Mugenextreme
18-01-2012, 06:33 PM
If i am not mistaken Lee i think from listening to the lads what they where saying that it was the end of october or november. Stand to be corrected of course.
As for the others two questions i would say they would be part of the pro and cons for the venues and I would imagine that anyone paying would have to be given a option to continue or stop paying regardless but that would most likely be a option on the day as this may even be a deciding factor towards which venue is voted for.
Legacy555
18-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Just a couple of questions from me
1. has anyone spoken to the landlord in the naul to be sure how long the place is available to us?
Yes, I spoke to James. He told me that the guy in the end shed wants to take ours when we move out in March. He went on to say that he would "talk to us" about staying on.
2. if we dont go back to lucan is it possible we will loose the use of it?
The new tenent in the shed may not want to move out in October. So there is a good chance we will have to find a new home.
3. Do we know if those members currently paying the fee towards rent are willing to pay for the summer?
I've only discussed this with 3 of the 15 that pay currently and they are all committed to paying for the summer.
The Doktor
18-01-2012, 10:39 PM
cheers lads:thumbsup:
kartstuffer
19-01-2012, 09:55 AM
By " talk to us" I assume that the landlord wants an increase in rent ?
If we do a deal to stay on for the summer are we still out next October or does that only apply if we don`t take it for the summer ?
Legacy555
19-01-2012, 12:22 PM
By " talk to us" I assume that the landlord wants an increase in rent ?
If we do a deal to stay on for the summer are we still out next October or does that only apply if we don`t take it for the summer ?
If we do a deal to stay on, I'd expect it is ours until we decide to leave - whenever that may be.
James also suggested an outdoor track (astro or dirt track on the concrete) as an option - but I think indoor is preferable.
kartstuffer
19-01-2012, 12:57 PM
If a deal can be done I would see it as a missed oppurtunity to let it go,
possible option would be to keep the Naul and have an outdoor/indoor c/ship on say 6 days during the summer at Lucan + whatever ?
( mainly so as not to let Lucan go )
noreargrip
19-01-2012, 01:21 PM
hi all...I dont know all the implications about rent,availability....but if we have a choice to stay in the naul we should...I have not seen the interest in our sport so high in years..ever maybe.everyone is talking about it...and without question this is because of the venue ...we all want to keep the momentum going as much as possible..speaking to a lot of people including myself would not be looking forward to going back to grass...there's also a doubt if we would...what was talked about last year is a possibility of an outdoor track at naul..is there any talk of this?...only of course if we were to loose the indoor venue..
we are on the map now...England are talking about it too..my bro is telling me also of the great reports about naul said to him..possibilities of future great international meets look favorable...long may it continue...
mixer
19-01-2012, 01:32 PM
hi all...I dont know all the implications about rent,availability....but if we have a choice to stay in the naul we should...I have not seen the interest in our sport so high in years..ever maybe.everyone is talking about it...and without question this is because of the venue ...we all want to keep the momentum going as much as possible..speaking to a lot of people including myself would not be looking forward to going back to grass...there's also a doubt if we would...what was talked about last year is a possibility of an outdoor track at naul..is there any talk of this?...only of course if we were to loose the indoor venue..
we are on the map now...England are talking about it too..my bro is telling me also of the great reports about naul said to him..possibilities of future great international meets look favorable...long may it continue...
Well said mark i agree with you the interest in the sport now is great we are even convering onroad racers to off road!!:thumbsup:
kdempsey
20-01-2012, 12:59 PM
hi all...I dont know all the implications about rent,availability....but if we have a choice to stay in the naul we should...I have not seen the interest in our sport so high in years..ever maybe.everyone is talking about it...and without question this is because of the venue ...we all want to keep the momentum going as much as possible..speaking to a lot of people including myself would not be looking forward to going back to grass...there's also a doubt if we would...what was talked about last year is a possibility of an outdoor track at naul..is there any talk of this?...only of course if we were to loose the indoor venue..
we are on the map now...England are talking about it too..my bro is telling me also of the great reports about naul said to him..possibilities of future great international meets look favorable...long may it continue...
+1 I'm not a member (yet) but I think if its at all possible to hold onto the venue it would be great for the sport! I would be willing to join in the bunch of people that are paying towards the rent and i'm sure that more would help to support if that's what's needed to hold onto the Naul. I have have zero interest in racing on the grass in Lucan but thats just my personal choice!
Keith
celticpanman
20-01-2012, 01:44 PM
hi all
yes my opinion is that the naul is currently a better venue for the club
i originally thought that is was to far out and not the proper site for future development but i have been proved wrong
we have seen more members join in the last year ( hopefully it can continue ) and with dave and mark from the north ( to name but a few) who come down regularly
i think now we will have to consider the site or nearby BETTER THAN LUCAN as a future because of the facilities and for future member growth
i hopefully will get a chance soon to talk to the owner and see what the future plans hold
Lets hope it just gets better
that is just my opinion
graham
h0m3sy
20-01-2012, 07:33 PM
I would suggest the comittee of the DMCC do all they can to keep hold of the current venue. I personally have never enjoyed my racing as much as I am nowm:thumbsup:
growler1
20-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Incredible venue! Cling on to it with all your might!!!
stephenh
20-01-2012, 07:57 PM
A great venue with the added potential to do anything you want to do. Would be a shame to let it slip away. We can only dream of a similar facility up North.
G-Kenny
20-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I Have never been down to the Naul nor have i any interest in Off-road, But u cant deny what the facility has done for the sport over the past year, week on week more and more people are talking about the Naul and the resurgence of Off-Road.
As a Member of the UMCC committee who is trying very hard to get our own Indoor facility up North i would say dont let this pass u by
Click
20-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I agree with what everybody has said.
I think what the Naul has proven is that if you have a good venue lads will want to race (build it & they will come type of thing)
Considering the support on this forum + what others are saying, if the club needed to raise the race fees + monthly rental fees I think most of us would see the value in this to keep the Naul going.
If we can get enough members to commit to paying a monthly rent + maybe look at raising race fees a bit I think the figures will look very healthy.
It's really amazing what the club has achieved, lets try & keep this going for as long as we can :thumbsup:
Kevin
Meath77
30-01-2012, 10:16 PM
I'd be happy to pay higher race fees or pay the monthly rate to keep the naul. It has too many advantages over Lucan.
Wayne
Legacy555
14-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi all,
I have bad news about the Naul :(
Unfortunately, due to the Biomass process facility being approved by the council and various reasons including excessive odour - we no longer have an option to stay in the the Naul (either indoor or outdoor) after the RCCAOI round in March (25th).
So, if anyone has any ideas please let the committee know. We are looking for a secure outdoor site in north county Dublin to consider.
Regards,
Will
Cardnim
14-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Sorry to hear that guys - that was a great venue and you had all done amazing work setting up the track.
Its certainly not the end of things though... merely a transition.
Good luck :)
Meath77
14-02-2012, 12:31 PM
:(
Such a shame.
Rayzerp
14-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Thats certainly bad news:(
h0m3sy
14-02-2012, 01:52 PM
What a kick in the bollocks this news is :( It was and is a great venue, it's a real shame that things have transpired against us. Lets turn our efforts in to finding something bigger and better for the future now. Onwards and upwards lads. Lets keep this ball rolling!:thumbsup:
dmcracing
14-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Something in the pipeline,more news on Sunday hopefully.
stephenh
14-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Has to be Astro Derek. Heres hoping we are going down that line..............
Legacy555
14-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Has to be Astro Derek. Heres hoping we are going down that line..............
Agreed! Grass would be a regressive step backwards...
Click
14-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi Lads,
Chin up & all that :thumbsup:
The Naul has proven that the club is capable of running and organising some of the best, if not the best, RC offroad racing in Ireland.
I'm sure with all of our collective efforts we can come up with another venue as good if not better :woot::thumbsup::woot:
Kevin
celticpanman
14-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi all. Jus a quick message
The naul is NOT WRITTEN off yet.
There will be more on this hopefully when I meet THE MAIN MAN. On Tuesday. All is not gone yet.
Give me a chance before we write off anything
Graham
kartstuffer
14-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Go for it Graham :woot:
stephenh
15-02-2012, 03:03 PM
We will get something sorted. There is enough people to make it happen. I am grateful to you guys at DMCC for having the energy and commitment to set this up in the first place, it really is the best venue about. Please keep us all posted on developments. I will not make it down this Sunday unfortunately due to other commitments.
Sv1keith
15-02-2012, 06:09 PM
What a kick in the hole lads but fingal county councils plans for the proccess plant is not going ahead as they no longer do the waste and also as i am a member on drift ireland and have been to the naul for track days there is roumours and chat of it going back to there on there forum
the old rates where a driver and car 50 euro but that is being increased so times that by 50euro and 50 cars
As i am only new to dmcc its a shame and look forward to racing whatever the outcome in forth comming seasons
keith harris
h0m3sy
23-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Any news lads?
Legacy555
23-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Any news lads?
Latest news is that The Naul is definitely not on the cards.
Waiting for a few people to come back to us with other local options.
:bored:
Legacy555
01-03-2012, 01:21 PM
IMPORTANT
Hi all,
We are waiting for news from several sources regarding options to Griffeen Valley, but at the moment we don't have any options confirmed.
Because of this, we may have to postpone the EGM - I will confirm in the next couple days.
If you are planning on traveling to the track on Sunday just for the EGM and not for racing, please let me know so that I can keep you updated and to make sure you don't make an unnecessary trip.
Regards,
Will
Legacy555
19-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi all,
There have been some interesting delevopements over the last week.
We have been offered a 3/4 acre site off the main N2 at the Ward, north co. Dublin.
The site is very secure, well sheltered and we can do what we want with it. At the moment it has a flat clay surface on it with a slight gradient so drainage should be good. It is bordered on two sides by ditches/fencing and on the other two by a roadway.
The site is near a large petrol station and is only a stones throw from the back of Dublin Airport. There is a huge amount of parking/pitting space and there may also be a chance of mains power onto the site for charging/lighting.
It has been suggested that the club leases the site for a few years so that a world class track can be properly developed. The cost of the lease has yet to be negociated.
I'm viewing the site tonight with Ian and will fill everyone in at the work days over the weekend.
Will
h0m3sy
19-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Sounds promising :thumbsup:
mini_brian
25-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Any word on this site Will or Ian????
Legacy555
25-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Any word on this site Will or Ian????
Will have news after next committee meeting
Legacy555
03-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Will have news after next committee meeting
Hi all,
A committee meeting has been scheduled for next Tuesday evening, so we'll have news and a plan after that.
Regards,
Will
Sv1keith
09-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi all,
A committee meeting has been scheduled for next Tuesday evening, so we'll have news and a plan after that.
Regards,
Will
Any new developments on the new site
celticpanman
09-05-2012, 10:05 PM
hi keith
all members will be informed in due course by email or text and it will be on the club site first
graham
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.