PDA

View Full Version : Web Changes Yay!!


VincentVisser
25-01-2012, 08:53 PM
We have wanted some results right???

Well I have been working with mike to get a results page updated and finally it is live.

Have a look at your results.

http://www.yorcc.org.uk (http://www.yorcc.org.uk/)

Vince

nivek
25-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Well done Vince and Mike :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: A BIG THANKS 2 U .

AC199
25-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Is there a full stop I need to click to get to these results? Looks exactley the same to me...

Oh, when i open it in a different browser, there a html page, with a bunch of links on it. Nice work guys.

VincentVisser
25-01-2012, 10:13 PM
yah if you running:

Chrome and see no diffrence you need to clear your browser history.

if ie just press Ctrl+F5

Should then see results link in navigation

Moss Models
26-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Fantastic well done!

AC199
26-01-2012, 09:39 AM
yah if you running:

Chrome and see no diffrence you need to clear your browser history.

if ie just press Ctrl+F5

Should then see results link in navigation

Alternatively, since the website was coded with frames for some reason, simply right click on the top frame and refresh it.

Now the results are kind of sorted, all we need now is the rest of the site sorting.

I have to admit, I'm kinda disappointed theres no search functionality within the results, but at least we have results...

Its more then we had last week.

AC

jameswilkinson7
26-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Thumbs up from me, I cant see any problems with it, Good job guys:thumbsup:

VincentVisser
26-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I have to admit, I'm kinda disappointed theres no search functionality within the results

AC

hey if you want to write a search function for it then do it dude....

I will stick it in for you no problems...

Not sure why you would need one tbh. You know which races you race and what class you race..

What will you base the search engine on? Finding your name?

If thats what you where thinking then I would say thats just a lazy way of clicking 5 links.

Writing a search engine for this vs clicking 5 links???? nobrainer

Search engines on a site that small is a waste of time.

But like I said if you feel like wasting time and writing it then hey go for it.

AC199
26-01-2012, 12:40 PM
<!--#include file="conn.asp"-->
Dim Selrs, sql
Set Selrs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
sql = "select * from TBL where FIELD ='" & Request("STRING") & "'"
selrs.open conn, sql


Hmm, search engine written, in literally 1 minute. If the site was anything but HTML based, functionality is in built.

I'm not gonna argue with you Vince, what you've given us is a billion times better than it was, since we didnt have results before, but once a bunch of results go up there, the only way to find anything is going to be trial and error, so why not just build it in while that section is small to save a rebuild later?

Hell you could even add a field for each racer to be able to link each meeting to a setup page. Its things like this that I suggested, nothing thats on the current site would be lost, it would only be enhanced.

Anyways, nice job on sorting it bud, we have results, and thus bragging rights now!

AC

nivek
26-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Vince [ sit down and have a break ] You and Mike HAVE done a great JOB,YOU ONLY HAVE TO LOOK AT THE REPLYS.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

AC199
26-01-2012, 02:21 PM
I'll echo what I said in my first post, before I'm accused of something.

Nice job guys, its a billion times better than what we had before. Its really a nice thing to have, and will prove helpful to a lot of people.

AC

Robin A
27-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm no computer expert, but is that scrip written just for you? i.e. to search driver with lowest number of laps? Can you write one for me? :-) :-) :-)

Good work Vince.

AC199
28-01-2012, 05:51 AM
I'm no computer expert, but is that scrip written just for you? i.e. to search driver with lowest number of laps? Can you write one for me? :-) :-) :-)

Good work Vince.

Damn, the smack talk is starting early this week... :) :)