PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of converting


ducatikid
29-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of converting my Hyper 7 Black edition to electric. I've had a look around on the various forums and would lie some advice. The car is in excellent condition and the motor has only had a gallon through it and wondered what would be the going rate if i were to sell the motor and pipe? I'm using Castle Creations Mamba Max and Mamba Max Pro ESC's in my B44 and TLR 22 but saw this at Hobbyking.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=9127

Would this be ok (quick!!) with a 5S Lipo?

It's just for bashing too.

Thanks in advance

Lee :thumbsup:

nick8155
31-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of converting my Hyper 7 Black edition to electric. I've had a look around on the various forums and would lie some advice. The car is in excellent condition and the motor has only had a gallon through it and wondered what would be the going rate if i were to sell the motor and pipe? I'm using Castle Creations Mamba Max and Mamba Max Pro ESC's in my B44 and TLR 22 but saw this at Hobbyking.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=9127

Would this be ok (quick!!) with a 5S Lipo?

It's just for bashing too.

Thanks in advance

Lee :thumbsup:

Ive got this set up and its every bit as good as my mamba monster
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14635__Turnigy_TrackStar_150A_1_8th_Scale_Brushl ess_Car_ESC_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14632__Turnigy_TrackStar_4068_2560KV_1_8th_Brush less_Motor.html

Would run on 4s though........

N

ducatikid
06-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Hi Nick, thanks for the advice.

Why do you suggest 4S, would it be too much with 6S, heat issues or just undriveable?

Lee :thumbsup:

Philim
06-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi Ducati

I ran this for 2 years in both dry and wet conditions in two separate buggy's. Very reliable and great value for money. I raced against nitros and found 4s was more than enough. 5s would be mental.....

Plus this is a sensored motor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOBBYWING-XERUN-Sensored-4274SD-Motor-150A-ESC-LCD-Card-ME240-/150737389676?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2318a6086c#ht_6687wt_1185

Sheepdog
14-02-2012, 12:31 AM
i'm with Philim, i got one of these systems and with a Turnigy 5000 40C 4S lipo and is a complete rocketship, excellent value!!

ducatikid
17-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Gone for the Hobbywing you guys suggested, thanks for your help! Should get it in the next couple of days, i'm looking for a conversion kit now.:thumbsup:

Lee