PDA

View Full Version : Best Steerwheel Transmitter - advice


martgifford
30-01-2012, 04:25 AM
I currently own a DX3S. Its a nice steerwheel. But I hate the way it does not have a backlight and to be honest I would like to trade up. But I run two cars and hence the second rx would have to be a reasonable price.

Also is there any much point in going for a 'High-End' transmitter like a KO, Futaba, Sanwa, Spek DX3R. As I am not toally sure what the big advantage of them is.

Any advice would be appreciated as I don't want to waste my money. Maybe I will look out for one on the forum for sale but I guess they rarely go on the market

Cheers

eyeayen
30-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Have you looked at the Ansmann W6 wheel radio, backlit, cheap and perfectly capable ! :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
30-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Sanwa M11x :thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing
30-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I currently own a DX3S. Its a nice steerwheel. But I hate the way it does not have a backlight and to be honest I would like to trade up.

in the states but may ship a kit over here if you ask
http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/479925-dx3s-dx3r-el-blue-backlights-3.html

Aran
30-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I recently got the Sanwa MT4, like the baby m11x.
Really happy with it has all the features and Sanwa quality. Has telemetry but can't ever see myself using it tbh.

Got good amount of adjustability for your hands too.

Works with all the Sanwa receivers too, only downside is it doesn't include a backlight.

martgifford
30-01-2012, 03:32 PM
All very helpful

M11X looks nice and heard you can use ansmann rx with them-maybe I'm wrong?

The w6 looks good for the value. My mate has a 3.1 which is impressive for the value for money.

That's the problem these days you can't use walk into a model shop and have a play with one. Thanks for the advice guys. What about futaba 4pls

eyeayen
30-01-2012, 10:01 PM
See what people are using at your local track, see if you can try there one, get a feel for it, ask to see the menu's.

The Ansmann is very good spec for it's price, you see them come up on here every so often, I picked mine up for 50 quid with a receiver :)

Chris-DC5
30-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Well if you have the Money then i would go for a Futaba 4PKS. I love mine and will never have to buy another TX.

The RX are expensive but you can get ones from FRSky that are compatible for About £30 :thumbsup:

martgifford
31-01-2012, 12:09 AM
See what people are using at your local track, see if you can try there one, get a feel for it, ask to see the menu's.

The Ansmann is very good spec for it's price, you see them come up on here every so often, I picked mine up for 50 quid with a receiver :)

i think you are right about that. I may ask some of the top guys to have a quick mess around on theirs.