View Full Version : Diff ball size?
racingdwarf
30-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Hi
I think this has been asked before,had a bit of a look through the treds but can't find it so
What size are the madmonkey diff balls? as I want to upgrade to ceramic or carbon
Dave
kaylon
30-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Hey Dave... The Team C ones are 2.4mm
I'm considering ordering a set from HERE (http://www.eurorc.com/product/121/teamc-ceramic-ball-24mm-12) I've had stuff from EuroRC before and so far they have been excellent.
Dandare
30-01-2012, 11:41 PM
3/32" (2.38mm) to be exact :D
stumpiey
31-01-2012, 05:53 AM
yep, 3/32" for the main race and 1/16" for the thrust race.
i have just re-built my diff with carbide bearings, feels really great and stays like that all meeting, not sure i will bother with the geared diff when it comes out.
Also, x-ray T3 diff plates fit, the 2.4mm balls also fit
racingdwarf
31-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Cheers everone, all sorted:thumbsup:
kaylon
31-01-2012, 10:23 AM
yep, 3/32" for the main race and 1/16" for the thrust race.
i have just re-built my diff with carbide bearings, feels really great and stays like that all meeting, not sure i will bother with the geared diff when it comes out.
Also, x-ray T3 diff plates fit, the 2.4mm balls also fit
Ooo.. when is a geared diff due? That's temping as I prefer working on that type of diff.
J
Ooo.. when is a geared diff due? That's temping as I prefer working on that type of diff.
J
Gear diff will be out in a couple of months, they are still perfecting it and the first proto pictures leaked a couple of weeks ago.
http://www.area52.cc/news/1782-team-c-tc02-gear-diff.html
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.