View Full Version : Main differences...
AC199
03-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Hey guys,
I'm currently doing research as to what brushless ESC to go for, and am currently trying to choose between the Speed Passion GT and the Speed Passion LPF, but try as I might, I cannot seem to find the specs to tell me what the difference is. Anyone care to enlighten me? I know the difference in price is about 45 quid, but not the difference in spec.
I'm looking for an ESC with a beefy BEC and the ability to run both a 17.5 and a 10.5 motor on it. I dont want to spend the earth on one, but I dont want to buy something thats going to flake out in 3 months either.
Any help appreciated guys
AC
f888fhw
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
LFP
Build in new Green Power Feature
Give you full time consistency power and longer run time!
Digital Racing Response System - DRRS
9 Selection Digital Racing Modes (From Level 1 to Level 9)
Advanced Mutli Timing System - AMTS
Special 8 mode brushless motor timing adjustment system
design suitable for differ brand brushless motor which give
you the best performance for both ESC and Motor
Standard Smart ESC Program Unit
Came with the ESC LED Display with 11 adjustable function
Leading Brushless ESC Spec
Support both sensored / sensorless brushless motor
Support up to 5.5T brushless motor on 6 cell 7.2V battery
5 cell with 4.0T
4cell with 3.5T
If using software 323STOCK with any of the GT series speed controller, the included LED programmer box will not be compatible with the software/speed controller. Please purchase our LCD professional program cardPart No.# SPLCD01 in order to work with the software and the speed controller.
Maximum Current :
440A* Ouput
Dimension :
43 (L) x 35 (W) x 24 (H)
Pro
Build in new Green Power Feature
Give you full time consistency power and longer run time!
Digital Racing Response System - DRRS
9 Selection Digital Racing Modes (From Level 1 to Level 9)
Advanced Mutli Timing System - AMTS
Special 8 mode brushless motor timing adjustment system
design suitable for differ brand brushless motor which give
you the best performance for both ESC and Motor
Standard Smart ESC Program Unit
Came with the ESC LED Display with 11 adjustable function
Leading Brushless ESC Spec
Support both sensored / sensorless brushless motor
Support up to 3.5T brushless motor on 6 cell 7.2V battery
Maximum Current :
800A* Ouput
If using software 323STOCK with any of the GT series speed controller, the included LED programmer box will not be compatible with the software/speed controller. Please purchase our LCD professional program cardPart No.# SPLCD01 in order to work with the software and the speed controller.
Dimension :
43 (L) x 35 (W) x 24 (H
sosidge
03-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey guys,
I'm currently doing research as to what brushless ESC to go for, and am currently trying to choose between the Speed Passion GT and the Speed Passion LPF, but try as I might, I cannot seem to find the specs to tell me what the difference is. Anyone care to enlighten me? I know the difference in price is about 45 quid, but not the difference in spec.
I'm looking for an ESC with a beefy BEC and the ability to run both a 17.5 and a 10.5 motor on it. I dont want to spend the earth on one, but I dont want to buy something thats going to flake out in 3 months either.
Any help appreciated guys
AC
Basically the LPF is a 60A model and has a milder motor limit. It depends on the class you are racing in, if you are racing off-road with no boost then it should cope with those motors, if you are racing on-road with boost then the 10.5 might be close to the limit.
You also get a few different accessories, the LPF has no fan as far as I know and might come with different capacitors and wiring.
I'd go for the full-fat GT Pro if you can afford it, just for peace of mind, it will happily cope with anything.
AC199
03-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm running a B44 indoors only, gonna start off running a 17.5 turn in the "stock" class, and want an ESC thats gonna let me put a 10.5 in for when i decide to hit the modified class in a few months time. I'm also sick of constantly buying 20t Saturns when I could just have gone brushless from the outset and saved almost the cost of a 17.5 turn motor by now...
Judging by this response, reckon I'm better off with the blue top or green top? (Milk analogy)
AC
andy110m
03-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I'd look at the Hobbywing range, they are exactly the same speedo as the speed passion.
The Speed passions are rebadged Hobbywings and are half the price. The full fat version is about £90 brand new and the LPF is about £50.
I run the Hobbywing extreme stock in touring car 10.5 with full boost and its rapid!
I run the LPF in my B44. Did you see it last time out, Chris?
AC199
03-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I didnt fella, are you there tomorrow? I'll grab a looksee if you are...
Not there tomorrow.
Anyway... bought it second hand without a program box. Stuck it in and was immediately impressed - very smooth and progressive with my speedpassion 6.5 v3. Discovered last week that it was running full boost as well, so knocked that back to a normal level - slower at the end of the straight but pretty much the same everywhere else.
I'm thinking of moving it on and "upgrading" to a hobbywing 120a if you're interested... you'd need a motor as I think mine is goosed
AC199
03-02-2012, 10:51 PM
pm me and we can talk, you run a b44 dont you?
pm me and we can talk, you run a b44 dont you?
I run the LPF in my B44. Did you see it last time out, Chris?
:thumbsup:
AC199
04-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Damn my reading skills are pro as ****.... mental note to not post from my phone again....
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.