View Full Version : How to correctly size lipo ?
Chrisfoster1971
07-02-2012, 10:56 PM
I've not been messing around with RC's for long and have been using normal nicd/nimh batteries, but wondered how to work out what lipos to get.
What are the things I need to know in order to correctly size the battery cells so I dont create a moving acid bomb ?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Chris
sosidge
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I've not been messing around with RC's for long and have been using normal nicd/nimh batteries, but wondered how to work out what lipos to get.
What are the things I need to know in order to correctly size the battery cells so I dont create a moving acid bomb ?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Chris
Not really sure what you are getting at... LiPo cells come in a handful of specific sizes for cars, virtually all of them are available in hard cases, and you are very unlikely to damage them or yourself unless you ignore the simple rules for safe handling which are posted in various places around the 'net.
john333
08-02-2012, 11:54 AM
just buy the biggest capacity one you can afford / fit in your car. Make sure it's hard case which nearly all are, and it will either be stick pack or saddles, they don't really make different size ones (other than height)
I wouldn't really class a lipo as an "acid bomb" so long as they are charged on a good quality balance charger and not run too flat they are very safe. Make sure you have a speedo with lipo cut-off or time your runs carefully.
If you are worried about safety, get a Lipo sack (£10 ish) to charge in. Many meetings require these anyway.
VintageRacer
08-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Do you mean 1s, 2s, 3s etc?
1/10th scale are almost all 2s (don't know of any exceptions but there may be some).
1/8th scale 2s - 4s????
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.