PDA

View Full Version : 2WD Tyre Choices


DragonRider
12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Me and my son are able to start buggy racing again so I have purchased 2 new TLR22's

What tyre combos do I need for Astro for dry and damp and wet conditions.

Also what tyres would I need to indoors for the future.

Cheers

Mark

Chris56
12-02-2012, 09:15 PM
For fronts - the cut staggers work best for me, regardless of conditions

Rears dry - Schumacher yellow minispikes
Rears damp - Ballistic greens

I've also seen a few drivers use the dBoots on the rears

Frecklychimp
14-02-2012, 10:06 AM
As Chris says for the rears outdoors, dBoots Multibyte A compound work well on some tracks.

I find the wider yellow Cut Staggers to be a bit too aggressive on dry grippy tracks, so i only really use them in damp/slippy conditions

I tend to use Shumacher yellow stagger ribs mounted slim on cut down kit wheels with no inserts mostly... outdoors and indoors as you will always find plenty of steering with the 22.

Indoors it would be normally yellow Schumacher minipins...

although after recently running dBoots Nanobytes A compound i personally prefer them and they seem to have a much better wear rate in comparison... would depend on the surface/type of carpet etc you run on.

With tyres its normally local track knowledge that will help the most, see what other racers use and try them.

almunro
26-03-2012, 05:02 PM
although after recently running dBoots Nanobytes A compound i personally prefer them and they seem to have a much better wear rate in comparison... would depend on the surface/type of carpet etc you run on.


Are the Nanobytes any good for outdoor short pile astro? Or Would Multibytes be better?

Alex