View Full Version : Macnum chassis on madrat/x pro
markw
14-02-2012, 10:44 AM
hi all , has any tryed the Macnum chassis on the rat /x pro ? will it be worth trying to get the car more stable , i race on a bumpy grass track
thanks
lordnikon
14-02-2012, 10:54 AM
It is slightly longer so may well help. I've got an un-used one if you want it ? Not sure what they cost $$ wise though :confused:
markw
14-02-2012, 11:06 AM
i can get a new one for £10 posted how bout £7.00 posted
lordnikon
14-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah go for it.
[email protected]. If you chuck your address on I'll get it out to you :thumbsup:
kaylon
14-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I currently have a Macnum chassis instead of a X-Pro..was actually done by mistake :D
I'm changing back simply as I cannot get find a decent shell to fit :)
It's 12mm longer btw which is quite a bit.
J
ConceptRacing
14-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I used a macnum chassis on a xpro last year and loved the car handled,so much more stable, allowing me to push the car a lot more, in certain situations a shorter chassis would have been better like small technical tracks, on a big fast track its seems a lot faster and more consistent, I fitted a tamiya 201 body to mine, with a small amount of trimming it fitted quite well and looked really good, well worth trying!
markw
14-02-2012, 01:28 PM
a mate from my local track is using the longer chassis and he finds it more stable just need a little mod to get the shell to fit ...
Projectzip
14-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Bulldog +8mm should fit from my preliminary investigations too!
:thumbsup:
WBChunks
14-02-2012, 08:53 PM
I used a macnum chassis on a xpro last year and loved the car handled,so much more stable, allowing me to push the car a lot more, in certain situations a shorter chassis would have been better like small technical tracks, on a big fast track its seems a lot faster and more consistent, I fitted a tamiya 201 body to mine, with a small amount of trimming it fitted quite well and looked really good, well worth trying!
Any pics :thumbsup:
Tom3012
14-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I believe ansmnan will be releasing the X2 Evo at some point which come with a 6mm longer chassis and bulldog type shell...
Ill be testing mine this weekend :)
markw
14-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I believe ansmnan will be releasing the X2 Evo at some point which come with a 6mm longer chassis and bulldog type shell...
Ill be testing mine this weekend :)
cool , please post back on here to wat u think of it..
Projectzip
15-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Bulldog Shell On Hot Rod converted chassis.
Need to add a little heat to the nose to make it fit better but its getting there.
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/432016_10151290513390367_730075366_22975853_195203 0618_n.jpg
I ran my Madrat in that format (ie Macnum tub) last year up until I took over my sons X2C; I loved it - suited my driving style ie Rubbish. Felt alot more stable so was able to push it harder.
Following advise from Eric, I got a 201 shell but never got round to painting it, however it will take a standard shell, you just need to ream a hole further forward.
ConceptRacing
15-02-2012, 04:06 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267957_235142076515837_100000601408150_926930_4320 659_n.jpg
budgio
15-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I ran my old x-pro with the macnum chassis at the Area51 meet and it performed really well.I used a Proline vortex RB-5 shell which was ok with lots of Velcro
from what I've seen the Trf201 shell fits the best though.
Cameo
15-02-2012, 08:51 PM
hi all , has any tryed the Macnum chassis on the rat /x pro ? will it be worth trying to get the car more stable , i race on a bumpy grass track
thanks
I've done a tone of work with the std, +6mm Evo and the truck chassis (+15mm)
Where the truck chassis excels is on very loose and/or very bumpy conditions. It is the slowest to rotate through the corners but you can power out quite well if the conditions are slippery (best of the 3)
Personally if your track suits a rear mount car then the Evo with the cab forward is BY FAR the best.
markw
15-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I've done a tone of work with the std, +6mm Evo and the truck chassis (+15mm)
Where the truck chassis excels is on very loose and/or very bumpy conditions. It is the slowest to rotate through the corners but you can power out quite well if the conditions are slippery (best of the 3)
Personally if your track suits a rear mount car then the Evo with the cab forward is BY FAR the best.
got the chassis today , so will be testing it on sunday hopefully it will work well .
Cameo
16-02-2012, 11:06 PM
got the chassis today , so will be testing it on sunday hopefully it will work well .
I've also used this body from team azarashi http://www.team-azarashi.com/AZ-0018.html however this was before the cab forward. I must say the cars are much better with a cab forward design.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.