View Full Version : Help to identify these motors please!!
Moss Models
17-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I have just purchased another Cougar and it cam with these two brushed motors. The one on left is new and the one on the right has been used but not a lot by the looks of it.
I need to sell them but have no idea what turn they are (or if they are worth anything!) so is there any way for me to find out?
Many thanks for the help.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/AlexCGTR/DSC01215.jpg
The Demon is a mod by the look of it, you would need to take the armature out to see what wind it is. The BRM is a good motor, but can't tell if it is a 27x1 or more.
Moss Models
17-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks for that. Is the only way of knowing what turn the motor by taking apart?
If so would you sugest just selling as a lucky dip?
Are they worth anything do you know?
Thanks
Thanks for that. Is the only way of knowing what turn the motor by taking apart?
If so would you sugest just selling as a lucky dip?
Are they worth anything do you know?
Thanks
If I remember rightly the turn is wrote on the armature of brm motors.....I.E 12 x1 ( twelve single etc....)
might be worth a few quid to someone on ebay, you do still see people bidding on brushed motors now and again
big_whyman
17-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Glynn Ward (BRM) normally wrote the wind of each motor on the armature, if you whip it apart you should find out. Not sure on worth but if it goes for a fortune, let me know, ive got bout 10 sat round here somewhere. Ill call it compensation for having to put up with Glynn for many years and Euro road trips :p
KennyClark
17-02-2012, 10:09 PM
I think the BRM motor looks like a Team Orion Element based 19t, although I may be wrong.
Craig W
17-02-2012, 11:11 PM
brm normally have winds wrote on the cooling fin if it fixed time could be a 19 or 27 other option is to take apart and wind be wrote on armature
Moss Models
18-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the help guys.
I have noticed there is a 19 stamped on the end bell of the BRM. Would that be a 19 single?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.