View Full Version : 19th Feb
N7ELA
17-02-2012, 11:13 PM
We racing this Sun night then.........?
I think so, had an email off Ian to say it was on;)
Steven Forster
17-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah ian sent email saying were on for sunday, :thumbsup:
Andyp
18-02-2012, 07:23 AM
We racing this Sun night then.........?
Get the red carpet out, we have royalty comming!
Might get hit down on this one, but way about another roll of carpet? Alot of people people seem to suggest it ? After all most of the places we race are high grip, should make for even closer racing?
dpackster1980
18-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Get the red carpet out, we have royalty comming!
Might get hit down on this one, but way about another roll of carpet? Alot of people people seem to suggest it ? After all most of the places we race are high grip, should make for even closer racing?
Arse!
dpackster1980
18-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Anyone fancy a 5:30 start? :thumbsup:
f888fhw
18-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Car is not that far away now, Just waiting for shell, cells and charger.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/51m017/th_IMG_0226.jpg (http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/51m017/?action=view¤t=IMG_0226.jpg)
I'll prob have another ride over this Sunday for a look and ask a few more questions, what time will racing start?
dpackster1980
18-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Car is not that far away now, Just waiting for shell, cells and charger.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/51m017/th_IMG_0226.jpg (http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/51m017/?action=view¤t=IMG_0226.jpg)
I'll prob have another ride over this Sunday for a look and ask a few more questions, what time will racing start?
I've got a shell and charger you can use if you want to race?
Probably start at 6 this week, useless everyone wants an early start.
f888fhw
18-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the offer, i'll see how it goes. :thumbsup:
Need to sort the setup more than anything else.
I think it is somewhere near mechanically, but the electrics have not been looked @ :thumbdown:.
N7ELA
18-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Get the red carpet out, we have royalty comming!
Might get hit down on this one, but way about another roll of carpet? Alot of people people seem to suggest it ? After all most of the places we race are high grip, should make for even closer racing?
Finally someones talking my language...!
Get the red carpet out, we have royalty comming!
Might get hit down on this one, but way about another roll of carpet? Alot of people people seem to suggest it ? After all most of the places we race are high grip, should make for even closer racing?
I think it's a good idea Andy:)
dpackster1980
18-02-2012, 02:31 PM
More carpet, you're all soft in the head. :thumbdown:
Steven Forster
18-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Anyone fancy a 5:30 start? :thumbsup:
I'll be up for a 5:30 start like pack :woot:
littlened
18-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I won't be there.
Wife's birthday.
Shifta
18-02-2012, 04:23 PM
All carpet?? Might as well get a touring car!! :thumbdown: (Zzzz)
Andyp
18-02-2012, 05:56 PM
tbh I'm not fussed either way with the carpet, it seems to take all night for the slippery to come grippy tho, should make racing easier for some of the newer drivers and closer(not on peoples back bumpers tho pack) for others............on another note I can use all my tyres up from Worksop :woot:
I will be there for half 5 think the extra half hour will help loads to get the track setup
dpackster1980
18-02-2012, 06:30 PM
All carpet?? Might as well get a touring car!! :thumbdown: (Zzzz)
Hit the nail on the head, next people will be using foam tyres and additive. What makes it close is how people make mistakes on transition from surface to surface nailing that is what improves your driving.
If it was all high grip then everyone would use mini pins so no matter what layout you have it will always be a point and squirt track. So then the person with the newest tires wins whereas now the person that does make a single mistake wins.
Having carpet everywhere isn't going to teach you f**k all because its nothing like racing on astro. That's why people want carpet to practice racing on high grip before the Nationals start. :thumbdown:
Steven Forster
18-02-2012, 07:23 PM
racing different surfaces is why i like seaham the best out of the 3 clubs i race at...........tyne met, benfield and seaham :thumbsup:
chris68nufc
18-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Please not all start bitching on about bloody racing surfaces, we are just starting to get a good bunch of lads (and lass) almost every week so let's not all fall out, every meeting is the same surface for every driver be it slippy or carpet....let's all get there tomorrow and see what happens?!
f888fhw
18-02-2012, 08:26 PM
As a potential new member, for me i'm not bothered either way....
I come from racing in the late 80' - early 90's and all my club racing was on 100% wood floor.
If you get more carpet you could still mix it up, with some weeks more carpet then some weeks with less carpet? Variety is a good thing.
I'v only been once and i'v only seen one obstacle, maybe if you dont have more you could invest in more like table tops etc?
What is the set up for the year? Do you race outside sometimes in the summer?
dpackster1980
18-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm not going to fall out with anyone neither am I having a go at anyone. In my view it's like going back in time when the club nearly died when we were forced to carpet all of the hall. The numbers were garbage and it took so long to lay the track it was crap.
We need the fanned mats though.
Just keep it the way it is it works. :thumbsup:
chris68nufc
18-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Your the boss.....put your foot down!!!
f888fhw
18-02-2012, 09:12 PM
What sort of tape sticks to the floor (for track layout), I have loads of cardboard box type tape if it is any good?
Andyp
18-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Wow i think things have gone off the rails here abit (or someones had too many beers!!), by no means did i mean use more carpet or fill the whole hall every week........yes that would get boaring but would be good to change around abit,t a few people say they would like abit more thats why i suggested it !!!!
we usually do have a selection of obstacals i think sometime the odd one gets missed out, Chris S seemes to have taken over the roll of table top maker...........what about a corner one this week?
dpackster1980
18-02-2012, 09:29 PM
What sort of tape sticks to the floor (for track layout), I have loads of cardboard box type tape if it is any good?
We've got to use masking tape then gaffa tape on top. When we stuck the gaffa tape straight to the floor it removed the varnish when we took it up. You could bring some along just incase we run out. Cheers
chris68nufc
18-02-2012, 09:45 PM
I hope Jump Jeff isn't reading this....I promise Jeff....I only build the jump when your not there.....built it for weeks now cos your never there!!!!
dpackster1980
19-02-2012, 07:09 AM
I hope Jump Jeff isn't reading this....I promise Jeff....I only build the jump when your not there.....built it for weeks now cos your never there!!!!
Class, Howay Jeff get your arse down as Chris makes car breakers. :thumbsup:
Andy, I know it was a suggestion I wasn't having a go. I have a plan for extra grip whilst keeping it interesting I know everyone will like it but it will be harsh on tyres though. :woot:
N7ELA
19-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Carpeting the hall was nowt to do with the poor numbers we used to get...!
Anybody raced at ardent...? All carpet!
Anybody watch the EOS finals last week? All carpet!
Infact how many top comps have an ice rink for a track?
Look at other sports!
What's the point of practicing basket ball on an ice rink then playing a match on a court...?
None...!
dpackster1980
19-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Neil there was plenty of grip last week on the floor the difference from the other weeks was the fact I had the heating on which made hell of a difference.
Yes carpeting the hall did cause the numbers to drop mainly because everyone was going through a set of tyres every 2 weeks and people said "its not worth it for club racing" fact especially when everyone ran out of worksop left over tyres.
I have a plan just leave it at that instead of stirring it, even the people with 2wds will like it. :thumbsup:
N7ELA
19-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Stiring what?
All I've done is state a couple of Facts.
So if I turn up and you (the boss) won't let us (at least 5 people) carpet the full hall and 2wd is crap because it's like an Ice rink then there's going to be unhappy people.
Unhappy people make an unhappy club.
Then you (the boss) will be racing on your own. (again)
But you keep your secret plan and we'll see what happens David.
dpackster1980
19-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Neil, here's the reasons why it won't work.
1) The carpet is wrecked and creased so there's no way you will get them to join perfect enough that it be good enough to race.
2) The length of time to lay it. So you are comparing what you want to do against a permanent laid track???
3) If is is laid then I want doubt you have time to put any jumps in.
4) You spin out on the tape where the carpets joins on a corner.
5) You'll have to have 2 rounds and finals because the cars run that hot. I and others don't have an endless supply of motors and money.
6) Tyres won't last 2 weeks!
I everyone wants to do it then proceed as I'm up for a laugh when it goes wrong. :woot:
N7ELA
19-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Tyres last longer when it's all carpet as you get more grip. When it's slippery and your tyres are skidding sideways they wear out really fast. You donut!
When we used to race at jarrow I only ever got 2 weeks out of a set of tyres. At Worksop I get 2 meetings out of a set of tyres. At a national (not that you'd know) tyres last quite well but I always have a new set of tyres for a new meeting.
So we've got down to the real reason David Pack doesn't want carpet down. Cos you think it will cost you more money. Tight wad.!
Steven Forster
20-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Good night racing again tonight for me, was close racing between me, natalie and takanori in the 4wd B final. :thumbsup:
Ended up 1 lap down on natalie and me and takanori finished 2nd and 3rd, only having half a second between us on both our average and fastest lap time :thumbsup:
How come we only managed 3 rounds and a final when most of us were there before 6pm ??? :confused:
Hopefully we will have enough people wanting to race next weekend with a few of the faster drivers away racing at worksop ;)
Link for racing on the 26th...........
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94010
The race of tonight was very enjoyable.
dpackster1980
20-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I thought the racing the class, gutted about my car cutting out at the key moment. :thumbdown:
dpackster1980
20-02-2012, 09:02 PM
I thought the racing the class, gutted about my car cutting out at the key moment. :thumbdown:
chrispattinson
21-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Racing was great. 2WD I felt I was always just hanging on to the lead group, Jeff and Greg were going really well.
4WD - new car was great, but took some getting used to. Felt I was catching the 2 Durangos on pace, but couldn't stop making mistakes.... 2nd place will do.. well done Andy P.
Lesson of the night - down ramping.
beasty boys motorsport
21-02-2012, 06:13 PM
i had my best nights racing....well trying to catch up:lol: most consistent night for me with either 14 or 15 laps on every race, which is good for me:thumbsup: almost had a 16 laper but the buzzer went 6 inchs before the loop:woot:
N7ELA
21-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Good night racing again tonight for me, was close racing between me, natalie and takanori in the 4wd B final. :thumbsup:
Ended up 1 lap down on natalie and me and takanori finished 2nd and 3rd, only having half a second between us on both our average and fastest lap time :thumbsup:
How come we only managed 3 rounds and a final when most of us were there before 6pm ??? :confused:
Hopefully we will have enough people wanting to race next weekend with a few of the faster drivers away racing at worksop ;)
Link for racing on the 26th...........
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94010
Cos David Pack cocked up the heats and spent 20 mins at the start trying to correct it...! :p
Andyp
21-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I thought the racing the class, gutted about my car cutting out at the key moment. :thumbdown:
Why was it a key moment? Had you got me lined up to ram me off the track:o
3 and a final is good for me any more it always seems a rush!
dpackster1980
21-02-2012, 09:53 PM
It was fine 3 and the final especially considering there was 4 heats. It was a cravking turnout though.
Andy will never find if it was going to be a clean or dirty move but my passing record wasn't great on Sunday. :thumbsup:
Steven Forster
22-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Cos David Pack cocked up the heats and spent 20 mins at the start trying to correct it...! :p
:woot:
Steven Forster
22-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Why was it a key moment? Had you got me lined up to ram me off the track:o
3 and a final is good for me any more it always seems a rush!
Should try racing at tyne met on a monday night, every other week the buggies get 4 rounds and a final all in 3hrs :woot:
Steven Forster
22-02-2012, 12:38 AM
i had my best nights racing....well trying to catch up:lol: most consistent night for me with either 14 or 15 laps on every race, which is good for me:thumbsup: almost had a 16 laper but the buzzer went 6 inchs before the loop:woot:
Definately getting better paul noticed it a few times now at tyne met and seaham :thumbsup:
dpackster1980
22-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Should try racing at tyne met on a monday night, every other week the buggies get 4 rounds and a final all in 3hrs :woot:
Aye, what happens when you need a sh@t you miss a round and you're running round like a loony putting batteries on. Seaham is better anyway.:woot:
If I didn't have to see the band people I would've had the heat list done sooner. :p
chrispattinson
22-02-2012, 12:46 PM
4 rounds / 3 rounds, Im not fussed, nice to finish a little earlier for the young'ns, and be a bit more chilled out.
.....Andy will never find if it was going to be a clean or dirty move but my passing record wasn't great on Sunday. :thumbsup:
There was a 1% chance you could've fluked a clean manouvre. :lol:
Steven Forster
22-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Aye, what happens when you need a sh@t you miss a round and you're running round like a loony putting batteries on. Seaham is better anyway.:woot:
If I didn't have to see the band people I would've had the heat list done sooner. :p
Seaham is the number 1 club for me in the north east, good bunch of lads all helpful with tips and setups and sometimes even borrowing/giving parts to help you keep running.........
The different track layouts and surfaces and jumps make you learn and think about how to drive which also helps you improve your driving ;) :thumbsup:
mr emily
25-02-2012, 02:20 PM
I like Seaham too!!!
Lets all big up Seaham and the Ansmann(tomy) just keeps getting better!!
I like Seaham too!!!
Lets all big up Seaham and the Ansmann(tomy) just keeps getting better!!
Oh Dad. Are you trying to be down with the kids?
Steven Forster
26-02-2012, 02:29 PM
No racing tonight, racing next week as normal :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.