PDA

View Full Version : WORKSOP!


XTREME RC
25-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi Guys

We had a good day at Worksop. Good to meet some of our drivers and everyone else:D. There was a nice and friendly atmosphere. Only needed 1 set of tyres all day and still maintained grip:thumbsup:
Team Xtreme

footey
25-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Glad u enjoyed it and hope ur coming up for the indoor finals this sunday:thumbsup:

mattym0310
25-03-2008, 08:35 PM
who is going to the finals??

Lee
25-03-2008, 08:39 PM
me:thumbsup::thumbsup:

XTREME RC
25-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Will try our best, long old trek!!:D

mattym0310
25-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Good! maybe you could go up saturday night and stay in a hotel like my good mate lee here? lol :D

Garry Driffill
25-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I cant wait to get there, really enjoyed the first meeting there on sunday. Lewis saved the day for me LOL, cant thank him enough for his help ;).

would be ace if you guys could come along to sundays meeting for the 4wd finals :cool:..

Shane ive sent you a PM mate :)

Garry

Lee
25-03-2008, 09:30 PM
wo is going to the finals??



Who is Wo?

Is he a chinese team extreme driver?:confused:

mattym0310
25-03-2008, 09:32 PM
haha lee, your so funny! :lol::mad::cry:

i'll correct it, just for you :p

Lee
25-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I know you love me really matt :lol::thumbsup:

XTREME RC
25-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Wo is going to be there...
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:




HEHEHE

mattym0310
25-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I know you love me really matt :lol::thumbsup:

:eh?: don't be too sure :p

well.. erm.. on the other hand.. :blush:

HAHA! can't wait to meet wo

AndyM
25-03-2008, 09:46 PM
lmao Lee!!

i can't wait till Sunday :)

hopefully i have an entry :thumbsup:

can someone save me a space for sunday morning? :) cheers

Lee
25-03-2008, 10:12 PM
If you bring a power supply that i can hook upto, you can pit with me:lol::thumbsup:

mattym0310
25-03-2008, 10:13 PM
that would be difficult seen as it already has me and andy on [ two chargers and eqaulisers ]

Lee
25-03-2008, 10:15 PM
No probs, wheres LIL BEN:confused:

Garry Driffill
25-03-2008, 10:35 PM
lmao Lee!!

i can't wait till Sunday :)

hopefully i have an entry :thumbsup:

can someone save me a space for sunday morning? :) cheers


Ill save you room mate ;)

AndyM
25-03-2008, 10:45 PM
cheers dude! :thumbsup:

what time you going to get there garry?

Garry Driffill
26-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Probs just before or after the doors open, we will be there early ;). With power ! :D

Northy
26-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Andy & Matt, I've got you a place each for 4wd, pay me on the day :thumbsup:

I am good to you guys! :lol:

G

Lee
26-03-2008, 09:11 AM
I think MANDY are in maths at the moment G:lol::thumbsup:

mattym0310
26-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks a lot G! :D.......... your a legend :thumbsup:

AndyM
26-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks a lot G! :D.......... your a legend :thumbsup:


I'll second that.. :D

Thanks G! :thumbsup:

ben
26-03-2008, 02:25 PM
No probs, wheres LIL BEN:confused:

im here lee:lol: You can run off my power supply m8ey.:D

Lee
26-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Good man!!!


:thumbsup:

footey
26-03-2008, 06:59 PM
im going to be there and lee if u cant get a power supply m8 come and find me

Lee
26-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Cheers shane:thumbsup:

ben
26-03-2008, 08:19 PM
hahahahahahah shane. You have spelt xtreme wrong in your signature:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

AndyM
26-03-2008, 08:45 PM
hahahahahahah shane. You have spelt extreme wrong in your signature:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:


practice what you preach...its Xtreme! :p

:thumbsup:

Tom3012
26-03-2008, 09:21 PM
hahaha thats rather amusing, nice one ash :lol:

Lee
26-03-2008, 09:40 PM
hahaha thats rather amusing, nice one ash :lol:



Ash??????????????????:confused::confused::confused ::lol:

rcracer
27-03-2008, 12:36 AM
hahahahahahah shane. You have spelt extreme wrong in your signature:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:


Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

ben
27-03-2008, 12:51 AM
i havent spelt xtreme wrong lol. I didnt edit it....... promise

Tom3012
27-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Ash??????????????????:confused::confused::confused ::lol:


haha.. im cool!... i was reading another thread at the same time, god im clever :blush:

mattym0310
30-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Worksop was a really productive days racing. Once prepared properly, and run in, the car was brilliant, i loved it in the short time i ran it.

Welldone to Andy for getting up to 4th and battling for 3rd from a 10th place start in your final, great racing.

It was really nice to meet you all Yanina, Lewis and Ed [welldone btw for was it a C final finish?].

Thanks

jimmy
30-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Was it Andy I collided with? I waited of course cos I'm not a bad lad. :)

mw02veg
30-03-2008, 08:19 PM
that fianl was classic preds vs aero's been interesting to see who comes out on top at the nationals. pred 1 aero 0 :lol:

mattym0310
30-03-2008, 09:36 PM
lmao, yeh. was a great race between you and andy jimmy!

AndyM
30-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Was it Andy I collided with? I waited of course cos I'm not a bad lad. :)

Yeh Jimmy, it was me!

Thanks for waiting, :) i enjoyed racing with you, until i binned it on the straight :thumbsup:

cheers dude :)

The car went great today, was so pleased with it. It was nice to meet Lewis and Yanina and everyone.

Lee
30-03-2008, 09:50 PM
It was nice to meet Lewis and Yanina and everyone.

Ditto, they were really nice:thumbsup:

Chrislong
30-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Im sorry i didn't get the chat with Lewis and Yanina, I said hello.

It was a shame all of the guys in that bottom final were there, looked to all be driving well but must just have been getting used to the new cars and ironing out those teething problems.

Come to Bury next Sunday! :thumbsup:

XTREME RC
30-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Just got home :bored: We had a great day today:thumbsup:

It was really good to meet all our drivers and we would like to say WELL DONE!!! They all did really well considering it was near enough their first time out with their Preds and also everyone who was racing would have had their car for a lot longer - so they had more practice etc. I would write a lot more but am knackered and need to get kids school stuff ready. I will have a lot to say tomorrow:D

We are really pleased with our lads they showed a lot of enthusiasm and potential.

Yanina

bigred5765
30-03-2008, 10:10 PM
awsome job again buy all at worksop
track was ace both days
loved it
shame lill ben ended up roof surfing all the way home on the cockrills car
KAWABUNGA BEN
PS
so whos going to bury sunday then weather permitting
we are and you ??

rcracer
30-03-2008, 10:12 PM
me, garry and paul :thumbsup:

GRIFF55
30-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Just got in with a much lighter wallet @£1-19.9 a lire of diesel:mad:Cheers all at worksop today, not too good quali but went well in the final.
Challenging track and very well run:thumbsup:

turbo_brick
31-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Had a good day yesterday, few teething troubles with the new electrics, but it will get there.

Although next time I will have some sleep.:thumbsup:

Peter

Lee
31-03-2008, 11:06 AM
I thought the preds looked a handful yesterday, they all seemed a bit tail happy and never looked comfortable on the track, when you looked at the BJ4alikes they all looked easy to drive.

I think they will be quick on the high grip tracks. but again i think they seem very twitchy and on edge:confused:

XTREME RC
31-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I think you'll find they looked smooth and comfortable. You've also got to remember that they were first time out cars - not like everyone else who had been running their cars for ages.

There were many cars making mistakes yesterday and did look uncomfortable. I think they did really well and if it starts like this imagine how good they will get after more practice and running the car:p

mattym0310
31-03-2008, 11:28 AM
yeah fraid i will have to disagree with you there Lee. From the driving i got of my car i thought it was really good to drive. Mine wasn't tail happy at all! I think yesterday was really just trying to find the cars limits, which i did :D but i really did enjoy driving my car even more than i did your bj4 when i had it. Looking forward to the coming year and the improvements i am going to make throughout.

Garry Driffill
31-03-2008, 12:00 PM
thats funny... my car wasnt tail happy. Everyones "BJ4 and alike" where on multiple tyres some 3 sets ? i was on one set all day mini spikes rule :lol:.

The Predators was fine lee :confused:.I had a little couple of interfirence problems with people on my frequency :thumbdown:.

My car felt good all day plenty of grip all over. Ed Kerry flew with his X11 which was ace to see, Great to meet Xtreme again ;). Thanks for help :)

Garry

Lee
31-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Why were you using mini spikes:confused:


I wasn`t having a go chaps, just stating what i saw and others said the same too, they didnt look slow, they looked very sharp and responsive, they would probably suit my driving style ( i drive like a girl). They just looked too sharp at times and caught the drivers out.

Garry Driffill
31-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I wanted to try somthing different to what everyone else was using. Tried them im practice and it was fine. I run mini pins last week and it felt more "slidey" but whos car wasnt?

I know you wasnt having a go mate :)

XTREME RC
31-03-2008, 12:24 PM
They are very sharp and responsive that's the sort of driver they need -Sharp and Responsive:thumbsup:
I'm sure the 'others' who saw it too have never driven one :confused: We were on 1 set of tyres all day too

ben
31-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Well done garry for winning his final :thumbsup:

mattym0310
31-03-2008, 12:35 PM
do i not get a WELLDONE! for qualifying last overall with a record 1LAP?? :cry:

Lee
31-03-2008, 12:36 PM
How did that happen matt?

ben
31-03-2008, 12:38 PM
:confused:I think he had car troubles:confused:

ben
31-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Well i only saw him strip the spur gear in the last round :thumbdown:

mattym0310
31-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Had a few problems. missed practice because i was rebuilding the rear diff and sorting out my new bodyshell, first round diff's werent set correctly [my bad], second round i had a small problem with batteries, third round i crashed on the straight [my bad i guess], 4th the spur stripped.

Garry Driffill
31-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I think it was just nerves that got you matt, Brand new car, totally different to what you have run before, not raced 4wd for ages and it was damn fast !! LOL

BEN : :p

lol

ben
31-03-2008, 01:02 PM
What garry :confused: I was only complementing your win of the I final :) You beat an F1 :thumbsup:

rcracer
31-03-2008, 01:06 PM
He knows it was a compliment Ben he's just chuffed i think... good racing from you in your final too and good trophy shot :lol:

Garry Driffill
31-03-2008, 01:14 PM
What garry :confused: I was only complementing your win of the I final :) You beat an F1 :thumbsup:

HAHA, well never mind hey :p.. my fastest time would have put me in the final shane was in i belive, i did 11 - 300.*** soming or other. Got to that jump that was 90 degree angle and my car cut out marshall put it down and i managed to finish the race lol got to my car and the negative corally had come out and started to short, my cells got really hot and soo did the speedo LOL... so it would have been a good enough run concidering id only done one of the practice rounds out of the 2.

Speaking of speedos ben, what happend to youres ?

XTREME RC
31-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Just to let you all know that, I will be doing a proper race report tonight. Which will be more in-depth than the few words I've put so far. Due to paperwork - boring, children and dogs!:lol:

Lee
31-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Dogs aren`t boring, kids maybe so, i hate the tweenies:lol:

Pepper pig is ace though, and george is even better:thumbsup:

ben
31-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Well im not too sure. I think im gonna try it when i get home from school because im not absoloutley sure its the speedo. Problem is its a brand spankin new speedo:confused:. Then being the dumb*ss i am put the trusty blow-troniks in and poooooffff half a lap and it let out a load of magic blue smoke. haha. Then i put a quantum 2 in and it was awesome :thumbsup:. My final was my best run of the day i think. But i broke it on the first corner :mad:...... but it got fixed:thumbsup: woop woop lol.

ben

vader
31-03-2008, 01:57 PM
1 set of tyres all day
Not going fast enough then :confused:

XTREME RC
31-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I meant paperwork is boring!! Not kids or dogs. Peppa Pig is a favourite in our house at the mo!:D

XTREME RC
31-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Not going fast enough then :confused:

Going very fast!!

jimmy
31-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I used one pair of tyres all day, in fact they'd done 5 meetings previous to that as well :thumbsup: they were good enough.

Lee
31-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I put a new set on for round 2, but didnt actually use them till the final:lol::thumbsup:

Garry Driffill
31-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Ben, Good faithful brushed ! LRP Q2 is what i was running too hehe

footey
31-03-2008, 02:11 PM
im thinking brushed might be going in my pred instead of brushless

Northy
31-03-2008, 02:15 PM
im thinking brushed might be going in my pred instead of brushless

You'll be needing rid of the brushless stuff then Shane? ;)

G

ben
31-03-2008, 02:21 PM
yeh you will shane:p;)

Garry Driffill
31-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Maybe even trying some of the "L" motors by novak my help shane ?

footey
31-03-2008, 03:22 PM
ye poss garry will have to pich my L motor out my 2wd to try

Nick Goodall
31-03-2008, 04:01 PM
My car felt good all day plenty of grip all over. Ed Kerry flew with his X11 which was ace to see, Great to meet Xtreme again ;). Thanks for help :)

Garry


Was Ed racing there? How did he get on??

mattym0310
31-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I think he finished 4th in the C, so very welldone to him!

Lee
31-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Shane, whats up with your brushless stuff:confused:

mattym0310
31-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Its made by Novak :lol:

footey
31-03-2008, 05:12 PM
nothing lee and yes it is made by novak its just think i might try brushed not sure yet

mw02veg
31-03-2008, 05:18 PM
yeah ed was there he looked to be struggling all day in fairness. the preds did come across very loose on the rear ends wich was very evident coming onto the straight. im not dissing the car but d look very hard work all day. ed was a very good driver in the electric class and honestly would of expected him to be in th top half the B at least but fair play to him on running the pred

mattym0310
31-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Just to point out.. My pred wasn't really slipping coming onto the straight at all. But really you can't say the preds were sruglling from it, nearly everybodys cars were, Pidge had that problem a couple of times in his A final to name one of the much higher ranked drivers.

XTREME RC
31-03-2008, 07:01 PM
yeah ed was there he looked to be struggling all day in fairness. the preds did come across very loose on the rear ends wich was very evident coming onto the straight. im not dissing the car but d look very hard work all day. ed was a very good driver in the electric class and honestly would of expected him to be in th top half the B at least but fair play to him on running the pred

Just to point out that Ed hasn't raced 1/10th off-road for 3 years - and that was his first time out with the X11. I thought he done very well. He would have easily been in the top of the 'B', but couldn't finish a race due to it thermaling out. We also used worn tyres which may have made a difference. The pred's rear end was not loose and there were a lot worse out there. All our drivers did well running a brand new car.:p

ben
31-03-2008, 07:36 PM
, Pidge had that problem a couple of times in his A final to name one of the much higher ranked drivers.

did he:confused: :confused::confused:

mw02veg
31-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Just to point out that Ed hasn't raced 1/10th off-road for 3 years - and that was his first time out with the X11. I thought he done very well. He would have easily been in the top of the 'B', but couldn't finish a race due to it thermaling out. We also used worn tyres which may have made a difference. The pred's rear end was not loose and there were a lot worse out there. All our drivers did well running a brand new car.:p

i think the statment of him not running electric for 3 years is some wot untrue!!:p

Lee
31-03-2008, 11:17 PM
did he:confused: :confused::confused:


I wish my car went as bad as pidge`s, i reckon if i had of gone faster than everyone else in every round and the first 2 legs of the A i would of won the meeting. :lol:

DaveG28
04-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I saw a few cars (of various types) looking very loose onto that straight.

Question: Do Preds tend to run with less ground clearance than other cars, or is it an optical illusion due to them being lower all round (no high rear wing etc)??

Whenever I see one on the track I am always amazed how low the ground clearance looks!

Belsten
04-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I reckon it all depended on how you took the jump before it, fast or nice and easy as to how much time the car had to settle on its landing before going in to the corner

AndyM
04-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi Dave,

We do run the cars very low, yes. Its not a big difference compared to other cars, but it is lower.

hope this helps. :)

rcracer
05-04-2008, 02:46 AM
:)

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewx10/page8.html