PDA

View Full Version : C4.1 Forward Cab


jasonrcb
22-02-2012, 08:36 PM
This is the new forward cab shell from penguin custom bodyshells,better pics will follow but just wanted to get a pic out,they are available to buy just drop steve haskins a message on here or off our sales on ebay.

Also remember we do shells for all makes of cars,not to mention our c4.1 undertray that is a really good fit

steve_haskins
23-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Rear view shot, feel free to pm me if you are interested


34405

Captainlips
23-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Dislike:thumbdown:

Wacker 2
23-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Hmmm, dislike from me too.... needs to be a bit more boxier and a bit more extreme. Just looks a bit wishy washy to me - hopefully they'll work on it further to make it more extreme and aggressive looking!

I really wish somebody would make a new good looking shelll for the C4.1 tho... I'm not a fan of the standard shell... and think its a bit of 'short cut' that Centro just nicked the old S2 bodyshell and didn't design their own to go with the new car!

Just my opinion :p

Chrislong
23-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Cab forward should be for handling reasons, so requires a steep windscreen to work. This shell is too shallow a slope and not forward enough! Sorry guys. What you've done is smooth and slipstream but personally I wouldn't choose it over the factory C4.1 shell.

Richard Lowe
23-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Keep an eye out this weekend at Off Road Wars... ;)

wezzer
23-02-2012, 04:23 PM
there will be a new factory produced shell coming shortly along with the moulded gear box and a few revisions :-)

steve_haskins
23-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Not everyone will like it I admit, but I love it and it's a bit different to the std shell, these are not mass produced items so car will be a bit unique to other centro's

steve_haskins
28-02-2012, 07:20 PM
new pics thanks jay


34721
34718

arransmith27
28-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I really like it - think it looks ace :thumbsup:

Timee80
28-02-2012, 08:57 PM
:thumbsup: from me

stevie b
28-02-2012, 09:44 PM
:thumbsup: and me too.

Supercoolnothing
28-02-2012, 10:31 PM
That's cool, makes me wanna go out and buy a C4.1

coolcars782
28-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Who cares about handling differences, I don't know many people who go out and buy a shell because it handles better :lol: people care more about looks, and this one looks great!

Richard Lowe
28-02-2012, 10:59 PM
It didn't arrive in time for Off Road Wars (:cry:), but here's a sneak peak at the JConcepts C4.1 Finnisher and Hi-Clearance wing prototype... :thumbsup:
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2401/img0395p.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/img0395p.jpg/)

Note there's tons of room around the radio gear (the speedo fan was touching the standard shell where the windscreen joined the bonnet) and there's enough room under the cab to fit the AE FT battery thumbscrews on all four posts :)

bigred5765
28-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Who cares about handling differences, I don't know many people who go out and buy a shell because it handles better :lol: people care more about looks, and this one looks great!

carl are you trying to say you turn up at a race meeting and as long as your car looks great going round it doesnt matter were you finish:lol:

Jabber
28-02-2012, 11:10 PM
It didn't arrive in time for Off Road Wars (:cry:), but here's a sneak peak at the JConcepts C4.1 Finnisher and wing prototype... :thumbsup:
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2401/img0395p.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/img0395p.jpg/)

Note there's tons of room around the radio gear (the speedo fan was touching the standard shell where the windscreen joined the bonnet) and there's enough room under the cab to fit the AE FT battery thumbscrews on all four posts :)
Very nice that, liking the front wheel nuts too. Are you running the inline axles?

Richard Lowe
28-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Very nice that, liking the front wheel nuts too. Are you running the inline axles?
No in-line's for me these days, AE hex conversion on the front with JC blue aluminium hex's, JC Mono 12mm hex wheels and JC 8/32" locking wheel nuts all round :thumbsup:

coolcars782
28-02-2012, 11:50 PM
carl are you trying to say you turn up at a race meeting and as long as your car looks great going round it doesnt matter were you finish:lol:

Well what I mean is, when buying a shell most people would usually choose one that is better looking, not usually taking into account the handling differences between the shells. If that sounds right lol

bigred5765
29-02-2012, 12:11 AM
hmm i know what you mean, but anything that can fitted and is a known performance benifit ill fit no matter what it is or looks like,funcation over form all day long mate,

Chrislong
29-02-2012, 08:02 AM
I really like that JC shell! Now im more intrigued over Carls Bigred Lidz, come on Carl, show us some pics of a done shell (feel free to paint it in my colours ;) ) :thumbsup:

Chrislong
29-02-2012, 08:04 AM
... and the p.p.p.penguin shell, the shape is too bland for my liking still. Although those colours on the newer photos make it look a bit more stylish.

Wacker 2
29-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Luving this... and I usually hate front cabby shells! A definite future purchase for my C4.1 when I finally get round to ordering it, lol!

Any ideas on release dates for this JConcepts sheall??? :thumbsup:

It didn't arrive in time for Off Road Wars (:cry:), but here's a sneak peak at the JConcepts C4.1 Finnisher and Hi-Clearance wing prototype... :thumbsup:
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2401/img0395p.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/img0395p.jpg/)

Note there's tons of room around the radio gear (the speedo fan was touching the standard shell where the windscreen joined the bonnet) and there's enough room under the cab to fit the AE FT battery thumbscrews on all four posts :)

flipside
29-02-2012, 10:34 AM
How do you mount your rear shocks in front of the tower? Where are they mounted on the arm?

Darren Boyle
29-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Luving this... and I usually hate front cabby shells! A definite future purchase for my C4.1 when I finally get round to ordering it, lol!

Any ideas on release dates for this JConcepts sheall??? :thumbsup:

We are hoping that the body will be released in around 2 weeks or so time if all goes well.... :thumbsup:

stevie b
29-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Like the shell Richard, but same question as flipside, how have you managed to mount your rear shocks like that? Have you got some new parts under that new shell? :) p.s is that abit of brass on the back?

Richard Lowe
29-02-2012, 12:23 PM
No new parts just messing about with shock angles, it'll be going back to normal next time it's on the track :)
The rear toe blocks are actually the prototype silver ones polished up as I've not got any stealthy black productions ones yet, I think it's the lighting thats making them look a different colour.

V-Rossi
29-02-2012, 12:25 PM
It didn't arrive in time for Off Road Wars (:cry:), but here's a sneak peak at the JConcepts C4.1 Finnisher and Hi-Clearance wing prototype... :thumbsup:

Note there's tons of room around the radio gear (the speedo fan was touching the standard shell where the windscreen joined the bonnet) and there's enough room under the cab to fit the AE FT battery thumbscrews on all four posts :)

Richard, can I ask you why you left the Holy land of rear motored madness (the Jerusalem of RC) and folded to go with the Dark Science that is the Forest of Mid-motorisation? :D

Richard Lowe
29-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Richard, can I ask you why you left the Holy land of rear motored madness (the Jerusalem of RC) and folded to go with the Dark Science that is the Forest of Mid-motorisation? :D

The Centro works really well for me on UK tracks!

Although on dirt I'm all about rear motor ;)

V-Rossi
29-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Now you're just being wishy-washy :D

flipside
29-02-2012, 12:48 PM
The Centro works really well for me on UK tracks!

Although on dirt I'm all about rear motor ;)

Only because you guys all put 3kg of lead in the front of your cars :)

Richard Lowe
29-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Only because you guys all put 3kg of lead in the front of your cars :)

74g under the servo and the 3 brass front posts for me, nothing else :p


Now you're just being wishy-washy :D

Do I get any points back for running a 6.5 in 2wd?!

Wupding
29-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Like the shell Richard, but same question as flipside, how have you managed to mount your rear shocks like that? Have you got some new parts under that new shell? :) p.s is that abit of brass on the back?


DITTO!! Richard.... Are you hiding secrets from the masses???:confused:

V-Rossi
29-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Do I get any points back for running a 6.5 in 2wd?!

Since I'm more a Dan Greenwoord-type of driver, I'll give you 20 points for a 9.5. Deal?

Richard Lowe
29-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Since I'm more a Dan Greenwoord-type of driver, I'll give you 20 points for a 9.5. Deal?

9.5?! I don't own anything that gay!

V-Rossi
29-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Elvo and I are running 10.5!

Yep, we take it in the pooper :thumbsup:

Richard Lowe
29-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I do have an 8.5, but don't tell anyone :cry:

ben
29-02-2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=4924

ben
29-02-2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=4925

V-Rossi
29-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I'll be quiet as a dodo that has just been appointed professor of Silence at Oxford University and has to escape the Dutch in a forest full of breaky twigs.

(20 points for the person who knows where I partly got this joke from)

gazhillAE
29-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Cab forward should be for handling reasons, so requires a steep windscreen to work. This shell is too shallow a slope and not forward enough! Sorry guys. What you've done is smooth and slipstream but personally I wouldn't choose it over the factory C4.1 shell.

Ditto

gazhillAE
29-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Very nice that, liking the front wheel nuts too. Are you running the inline axles?

Now that I like!

Robin A
29-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I'll be quiet as a dodo that has just been appointed professor of Silence at Oxford University and has to escape the Dutch in a forest full of breaky twigs.

(20 points for the person who knows where I partly got this joke from)


Blackadder?

Very nice Ben, and Rich.

V-Rossi
01-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Yes! :)

Last minute of the last episode of the last season.

gazhillAE
01-03-2012, 09:30 AM
I do have an 8.5, but don't tell anyone :cry:

Lrp 8.5s are the business!!!!

Rick, an I right in thinking I need these also for front hex conversion on b4/c4?

http://www.jespares.com/electric-models?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=12187&category_id=1289&keyword=Hex

Richard Lowe
01-03-2012, 09:54 AM
To do the hex conversion you need...

#9880 steering block - http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/9880/
#7496 axle - http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/7496/

And either the AE #7497 plastic hex adapters or the JConcepts ones i use...
Front #2135 - http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_56&products_id=538
Rear #2091 - http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_56&products_id=524

Then some 8/32" wheel nuts for the front, these are the ones I use...
http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_56&products_id=441, blue of course :wub

Disco-Panda
01-03-2012, 10:06 AM
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2401/img0395p.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/img0395p.jpg/)

:)



I may have just made a mess in my undies :D :O its so pretty!!!

Wacker 2
01-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Luving the idea of this hub hex conversion for the B4 / C4 - I've always hated the idea of constantly pushing in and out bearings into the wheels themselves - always prefered the Losi XXX method of having the bearings in the front hubs themselves.

Do you use Hex's on the back aswell or do you leave that as pin drive to the rear wheel?

If you're running Hex's on the front what wheels do you use that are the same size as the normal B4 wheels (width wise).

Any chance of some close up photos of the hub/hex conversion with the front wheel off?

(I know I'm getting off topic as this thread is for the front cabby shells but I'd really like to see it in more detial)

Many thanks, great work... and I luv the shell - cant wait for its release! :woot:

To do the hex conversion you need...

#9880 steering block - http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/9880/
#7496 axle - http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/7496/

And either the AE #7497 plastic hex adapters or the JConcepts ones i use...
Front #2135 - http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_56&products_id=538
Rear #2091 - http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_56&products_id=524

Then some 8/32" wheel nuts for the front, these are the ones I use...
http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_56&products_id=441, blue of course :wub

Richard Lowe
01-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Luving the idea of this hub hex conversion for the B4 / C4 - I've always hated the idea of constantly pushing in and out bearings into the wheels themselves - always prefered the Losi XXX method of having the bearings in the front hubs themselves.

Do you use Hex's on the back aswell or do you leave that as pin drive to the rear wheel?

If you're running Hex's on the front what wheels do you use that are the same size as the normal B4 wheels (width wise).

Any chance of some close up photos of the hub/hex conversion with the front wheel off?

(I know I'm getting off topic as this thread is for the front cabby shells but I'd really like to see it in more detial)

Many thanks, great work... and I luv the shell - cant wait for its release! :woot:

JC 'Mono' hex wheels all round, #3347 front and #3348 rear.

I'll get a picture of the assembled hex conversion on the car up tonight :)

KRob
01-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Proline Centro Bulldog on the way - CLICK (http://www.facebook.com/CMLDistribution#!/photo.php?fbid=10150734233828319&set=a.10150162306123319.336752.340325953318&type=1&theater)

chuckie stella
01-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Proline Centro Bulldog on the way - CLICK (http://www.facebook.com/CMLDistribution#!/photo.php?fbid=10150734233828319&set=a.10150162306123319.336752.340325953318&type=1&theater)

:thumbsup:

Steven Forster
01-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Luving the idea of this hub hex conversion for the B4 / C4 - I've always hated the idea of constantly pushing in and out bearings into the wheels themselves - always prefered the Losi XXX method of having the bearings in the front hubs themselves.

Do you use Hex's on the back aswell or do you leave that as pin drive to the rear wheel?

If you're running Hex's on the front what wheels do you use that are the same size as the normal B4 wheels (width wise).

Any chance of some close up photos of the hub/hex conversion with the front wheel off?

(I know I'm getting off topic as this thread is for the front cabby shells but I'd really like to see it in more detial)

Many thanks, great work... and I luv the shell - cant wait for its release! :woot:

JC 'Mono' hex wheels all round, #3347 front and #3348 rear.

I'll get a picture of the assembled hex conversion on the car up tonight :)


Is there a big difference in wheel off set between the original B4 and B44 wheels as i was thinking of getting the hex conversion and just use the B44 front hex wheels instead of getting 2wd front hex wheels............???

cheers :D

Richard Lowe
01-03-2012, 07:05 PM
The front will be waaaay too narrow if you use the 4wd wheels!

Richard Lowe
01-03-2012, 08:44 PM
New thread posted in the AE section about the hex conversion :thumbsup:

Nothing new on the rear of my car, honest!
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2423/rearr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/rearr.jpg/)

Northy
01-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Nice screws :D

super__dan
01-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Since I'm more a Dan Greenwoord-type of driver, I'll give you 20 points for a 9.5. Deal?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :thumbsup:






































Ha

janus_77
01-03-2012, 09:59 PM
V-rossi with a 9.5....... I thought he was only allowed 3 digit motors ?

V-Rossi
01-03-2012, 10:06 PM
9.5 is for the long straights! And 8.5 is for oval racing.

Richard Lowe
01-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Nice screws :D

Shiny :wub

Andrew Twigger
02-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Is the JConcepts shell likely to include an undertray?

Darren Boyle
02-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Is the JConcepts shell likely to include an undertray?

Not as far as I am aware, will confirm for sure when we know.....

Richard Lowe
04-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Well I got to run the C4.1 Finnisher for the first time last night at York... Wow it generates some steering! Looks really cool going round too :D

canon67
04-03-2012, 02:17 PM
I don’t get this cab forward fad I despise the look of this things nice paint job but the cab look like Shi.

Den.

Andrew Twigger
11-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Still on target for the JConcepts shell in roughly a week? The S2 shell and its lack of breathing space is killing me. A bit more steering wouldn't hurt either!

bigred5765
11-03-2012, 09:22 PM
I don’t get this cab forward fad I despise the look of this things nice paint job but the cab look like Shi.

Den.
there all about performance, not looks

Gsxrturtle
27-03-2012, 11:19 AM
any news on when these will be available yet, definitely need to get hold of one and 44.1 finnisher?

Paul Wynn
27-03-2012, 05:39 PM
any news on when these will be available yet, definitely need to get hold of one and 44.1 finnisher?

New Product Release – Illuzion Centro C4.1 Finnisher Body
by RICH on MARCH 27, 2012

http://blog.jconcepts.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/0234_800px-2.jpg

JConcepts hit the ground in Vaasa, Finland with an all new body design specifically for the IFMAR World Championships. Cleverly named, Finnisher, the unique design quickly rose to the top of the field during competition and proved effective on the ground and in the air. Designed with aspects learned from the Punisher line of bodies, the Finnisher provides an even more aggressive look with included details which remain crucial to performance. The Centro C4.1 Finnisher body is a drop fit for the popular mid-motor Associated B4.1 conversion kit.

The C4.1,developed specifically for high traction conditions, has been an immediate hit on conditions including grass, astro-turf and carpet. With the evolution of multi-surface racing, including complex circuits combining more aggressive jump transitions and extremely high-speed corners, JConcepts incorporated many features which provide several benefits in the most critical situations.

Increased windshield angle provides a steady force upfront during outdoor mid-flight wind gusts on large jumps and obstacles. Forward cab placement changes performance /visible bias which helps steering rotation in low traction corners and speeds up the transition for nimble handling. The side-pods have been simplified and JC chamfered to remove unwanted changes in height to neutralize the at-speed handling. A scoop has been incorporated into the body near the motor to increase airflow. The chassis to body fit has been tightened up and with the addition of hook and loop tape (not included) eliminates empty voids that contribute to mid-flight directional changes. The rear of the cab has a new step feature which allows the placement of a secondary side window and also a louver which can be trimmed to allow air to escape at the top of the body.

In addition to the newly designed body, JConcepts has included 2 of the latest 6.5″ wide Hi-Clearance flat rear wings used around the world.

http://blog.jconcepts.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/0234_800px-4.jpg

Features:

· Original – JConcepts Finnisher design
· Ultra slim fit and proportions
· Blended wing / body design
· Includes 2 – 6.5″ wide Hi-Clearance wings
· Clear polycarbonate with protective film
· Window masks and decal sheet

http://blog.jconcepts.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/0234_800px-1.jpg

I used the B44.1 wing mod for the photos; looks much better than the stock wing mounts :)

jaysllim
27-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Will it fit with a undertray? Or will u stretch the body abit if u no wa I mean lol

Aran
27-03-2012, 06:20 PM
makes the c4.1 look attractive :D

ian20thatsme
27-03-2012, 06:44 PM
where can i buy one looks so cool

gazhillAE
27-03-2012, 08:37 PM
makes the c4.1 look attractive :D

Really? Much better looking than any Durango 2wd plus it's got the right badge on the bonnet..associated!

Aran
27-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Really? Much better looking than any Durango 2wd plus it's got the right badge on the bonnet..associated!

It the best looking jconcepts shell the others look little chunky, while this is very sleek.

Associated do make a great kit too!

:p

Darren Boyle
27-03-2012, 09:11 PM
where can i buy one looks so cool They will be avialable very soon through any of the X-Factory UK dealers shown on our website (www.xfactoryrc.co.uk (http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk)), many of whom already have them pre-ordered for immediate delivery as soon as they arrive.

Chrislong
28-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Darren are you taking Pre-order from customers for these?

Darren Boyle
28-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Darren are you taking Pre-order from customers for these?

Hi Chris,

Yes pre-orders are being taken by dealers al over the UK including ourselves. It will be on both of our websites later today as well as a mail shot going out later this afternoon as well also....

Aran
28-03-2012, 01:09 PM
just this that proline are producing a bodyshell for the c4.1 now too!

http://www.area52.cc/news/2078-pro-line-2012-bulldog-c41-body.html

Wacker 2
28-03-2012, 09:42 PM
This will do me for now until the JConcepts Finnisher is available... it came with the B4.1 Worlds Edition so seemed rude not to try it. It doesn't fit the undertray but will be good for testing against the standard S2/C4.1 bodyshell. I'm not the biggest fan of the S2 shell!

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/527995_3664128684613_1316634381_33467651_215860173 _n.jpg

adey
28-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Like that. Like the colour too

Wacker 2
28-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Like that. Like the colour too

Cheers fella... its Jon Seals from Hinckley! Orange will always be my colour :thumbsup:

adey
28-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Know who you are mate. Are you going to use any form of chassis brace on that

Wacker 2
28-03-2012, 10:33 PM
dont think so... just gonna try not to crash! :thumbsup:

wezzer
29-03-2012, 08:34 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/craggbulldog1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/craggbulldog2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/craggbulldog3.jpg

The new bull dog for the Centro C4.1 from proline !
this will include bodyshell,wing and undertray.
RRP £21.50 due mid April

adey
29-03-2012, 11:55 AM
That seems a good price for the that

Offroader
29-03-2012, 02:56 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/craggbulldog1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/craggbulldog2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/craggbulldog3.jpg

The new bull dog for the Centro C4.1 from proline !
this will include bodyshell,wing and undertray.
RRP £21.50 due mid April


Where can i order or pre-order bull dog for the Centro C4.1?
Is it just availible in the UK or in Germany too?

Best regards Martin

wezzer
17-04-2012, 03:21 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/craggbulldog1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/craggbulldog2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wezzers/craggbulldog3.jpg

The new bull dog for the Centro C4.1 from proline !
this will include bodyshell,wing and undertray.
RRP £21.50 due mid April


Now in stock and shipping to all good model shops!!!!

daz
17-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Looks bloody awful......:thumbdown:

wezzer
18-04-2012, 09:42 AM
lol, i think its cool :-) each to their own eh :-)

GRIFF55
18-04-2012, 03:05 PM
I love 'em! Think I'm a cab forward convert!

chuckie stella
18-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I love 'em! Think I'm a cab forward convert!

:thumbsup: