PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear - Captain Lip was right!


Si Coe
23-02-2012, 12:07 AM
First quick test of my Durango (which I might point out was assembled by Rog not me) was shorter than planned.
A quick blast down the street and the wheel fell off!

Clearly the comments about Durango wheel nuts were true!

johnnygibbon
23-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Better than your nuts getting removed cos ya wife's found out you've got a new car

I tried to order one today of rick but they were out of stock
So I might have to get a losi 22 2nd hand instead And hopefully woody will help me find a magic setup
Need a 2wd before regionals start and to beat you with
Wich be a problem any way if you keep ya Durango wheel nutsR

rc10fan
23-02-2012, 07:45 AM
The wheel nuts are fine just helps if you tighten them up enough. Mine have never fell off. Jonny JE have the 210s in stock was there yesterday.

tisher
23-02-2012, 08:10 AM
First quick test of my Durango (which I might point out was assembled by Rog not me) was shorter than planned.
A quick blast down the street and the wheel fell off!

Clearly the comments about Durango wheel nuts were true!



:lol:welcome to the world of durango rc The robin reliant of the rc world:lol:
there great cars WHEN there on the track

budfish
23-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Better than your nuts getting removed cos ya wife's found out you've got a new car

I tried to order one today of rick but they were out of stock
So I might have to get a losi 22 2nd hand instead And hopefully woody will help me find a magic setup
Need a 2wd before regionals start and to beat you with
Wich be a problem any way if you keep ya Durango wheel nutsR

We don't need 2 wd buddy we have better things to do

Big G
23-02-2012, 09:48 AM
were you using the serrated nuts?

I've only ever had 1 wheel in 14 months of racing come off which could probably be connected to using old B44 wheels and the hex slipping. Something the 14mm hex change will have solved.

The race controller
23-02-2012, 11:20 AM
First quick test of my Durango (which I might point out was assembled by Rog not me) was shorter than planned.
A quick blast down the street and the wheel fell off!

Clearly the comments about Durango wheel nuts were true!

I didn't expect you to run it without even glueing the tyres on. In which case you would have had to take the wheels off yourself.

...........................But there again you are Simon the perfect mechanic.:thumbdown:

Howler
23-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Bet it sounds like a bag 'o spanners by the time its on the grid for it's first race. :p

coleman758
23-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Good choice of car then pal!


Fits in well with your other bag of spanner cars!!

Si Coe
23-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I didn't expect you to run it without even glueing the tyres on. In which case you would have had to take the wheels off yourself.

...........................But there again you are Simon the perfect mechanic.:thumbdown:


They aren't glued? I never checked :blush: just assumed they had been - so if the wheel hadn't come off the tyres would have!
Anyway I wasn't commenting on your assembly skills, merely pointing out the the problem was not due to my lack of them.

The nuts are not serrated. On checking the other side, they were done up to what I would consider 'normal' tightness, but I've been told from other owners that you have to go way past that and into 'crush the bearings' territory.

It doesn't sound like a bag of spanners, but you'll be pleased to know that at present the wiring does look like a bird is nesting in my car.....

Kudos to Matt by the way for delivering the car to my door with my wife in the lounge and her still not cottoning on. Though this mornings Atomic Carbon package did raise an eyebrow.....

coleman758
23-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Master of disguise!

" here you go Si my new 210 I can't set the bloody thing up, do you think you could have a look at it for me "

You shouldn't need to over tighten them, mine are just nipped up.
The kit nuts are serated?

budfish
23-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Good choice of car then pal!


Fits in well with your other bag of spanner cars!!

Shame he has no ceramic diff balls for it

Howler
23-02-2012, 10:35 PM
This explains why you're sticking to the dodgy colour scheme... so she doesnt notice its new.

Si Coe
23-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Exactly - had to hide the shell in the box!

Mine definately aren't serrated. Well they are now cos I've put the ones off the Yokomo on instead but they weren't.

JonyNitro
24-02-2012, 01:47 PM
You cock, jonny pm 22 I have one