View Full Version : Nitro vs electric
thebigboystoystore
26-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi all,
Looking to get a competitive car very soon.
What would be the pros and cons of nitro vs electric?
budfish
26-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Well if you get a nitro you can't race with use so you might call that a positive!
Electric.
Pro's - Bury Metro race them
Cons - Captain lip has one
Nitro.
Pro's - Captain Lips doesn't race one
Cons - Bury don't race them.
gainsy
26-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Electric.
Pro's - Bury Metro race them
Cons - Captain lip has one
Nitro.
Pro's - Captain Lips doesn't race one
Cons - Bury don't race them.
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/gainsy73/pmsl.gif
thebigboystoystore
26-02-2012, 09:13 PM
I appreciate that you don't race nitro.
What I really want to know is mainly reliability between electric and nitro.
tisher
26-02-2012, 09:25 PM
I appreciate that you don't race nitro.
What I really want to know is mainly reliability between electric and nitro.
reliabilty wise its the same as anything the more competative and high performance you go the more you will spend all depends on what you want to do with them both are pretty good nowadays
johnnygibbon
26-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Nitro was the only way for real Rc power in small scale
Before brushless
Now it's even more awful than it ever was
If you want a real engine noise and power then 5 th scale 2 stroke Is the answer
It's ace
But nitro is just not as clean and easy as brushless power
And if you mean tenth scale nitro then it's a joke
I'm sure some people love it.
And I hope lip doesn't have electric or nitro now I think he is training to be cannon fodder wich Is great news
Basically I hate nitro and so do a lot of us at bury brushless is best
Howler
26-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Electric is faster, quieter, cleaner and doesnt require constant carb fiddling every time the weather changes. Its more expensive like for like though, but there's not really a 1/10th nitro scene anyway.
To get a different point of view you need to ask this same question on the Max Bashing forum.
I have only ever raced electric, but spent today down at Herts Nitro and its convinced me I need to raid the piggy bank again! :thumbsup:
Si Coe
26-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I've owned both, but I've only ever raced nitro once, in the early 90's! I had fun, but there were several good electric clubs much closer that offered just as much for less travel. Nothing about it convinced me it was 'better' then and that hasn't changed since - in fact brushless and lipo mean electric is better than ever.
So if all that was local was nitro I'd consider it, but as long as I've got the option I'd run electric.....
budfish
27-02-2012, 12:59 AM
I have my lazer Fs for sale loads of spares just needs electrics and your away
bodgit
27-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Electric.
Pro's - Bury Metro race them
Cons - Captain lip has one
Nitro.
Pro's - Captain Lips doesn't race one
Cons - Bury don't race them.
Lip is into helicoptors now. pro,s for eveyone
mattb
29-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I have my lazer Fs for sale loads of spares just needs electrics and your away
Ill give you £20 for your lazer,i think its a fair price for a car thats been driven by an arsehole???
MikePimlott
29-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Ill give you £20 for your lazer,i think its a fair price for a car thats been driven by an arsehole???
£21.50
coleman758
29-02-2012, 08:57 AM
£25... So i can burn it :woot:
Think he was slow with the Kyosho! Hes going to be even worse now!
I used to race 1/8th nitro buggys,they are alot of fun,there is something about an rc car with an engine:thumbsup:they are dirty and smelly,and take up most of the weekend and week cleaning and preping ready for the next race,but then we never ran on astro,it was clay,it does take a a while to learn how to gat the best out the engine,and it is expencive when you get it wrong,its also hard to find people who can offer you the right info,alot just havent got a clue and they are usually the ones fiddling with the engine all day and thrashing the tits off it on the bench,they do run for longer but that means you need to get to know someone to fill your car up halfway in the race,not a problem unless the chap goes home early because hes pigs have got out:woot:
they dont run indoors so over the winter,unless you like being out in the cold and rain,you cant race,
I race electric 1/10 buggy now,having done nitro i wouldnt say its as fun to as 1/8th from the racing aspect,but the fact you just charge and play,you dont have to worry about tunning your engine,you race indoor in the winter,more tracks run 1/10 buggy,its just easyer and less time consumming,
budfish
29-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Ill give you £20 for your lazer,i think its a fair price for a car thats been driven by an arsehole???
Ha ha that's twice as much as I'd give for your vectra the old pile
mattr
29-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Lip is into helicoptors now. pro,s for eveyoneGoing by how he builds diffs and attaches wheels, keep an eye on the skies........
shanks
29-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Message now below
shanks
29-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Ha ha that's twice as much as I'd give for your vectra the old pile
Old pile?
Do you realise how fast that car is?
Do you know how economic it is?
Do you understand how smooth it drives?
And do you realise it now has LED registration plate lights!!!!
:p:p:p
mattb
29-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Ha ha that's twice as much as I'd give for your vectra the old pile
Atleast its paid for:p:p:p
budfish
29-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Ha ha mine is now!!!!!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.