View Full Version : next sunday
rc10fan
27-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Was talking to Stu today and mentioned the possibility of running an outdoor meet (weather depending) and is race control would be available to run it ?
Just wondered what sort of numbers would be interested ?
Maddy
27-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Count me in
Si Coe
27-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Possible, but I thought there were plans to do some ground work. Its been left all winter and I bet it needs some serious TLC. If someone local could report the current status that would be great.
I mean I'd love to test my new car, but if the track needs work.......
rc10fan
27-02-2012, 08:20 PM
best to ask stu he was there yesterday. he didnt mention it needed anything doing to it.
Alan Reeves
27-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm in ....as long as its not chucking it down!
Could anyone let me share their power supply as I dont drive so its difficult even bringing basic kit, if I cant organise a lift I'll be on the train!
millsy
27-02-2012, 09:38 PM
I was there with Stu the track wasn't bad at all, but the access down to the cabin was a bit on the muddy side apart from that it was ok.
rc10fan
27-02-2012, 10:14 PM
i think then we need to see of the powers that be are up for an outdoor meet :)
budfish
28-02-2012, 06:49 AM
It has been schedualed as a track maintainence day and that's what it should be me and Johnny will be there as we have been everytime over the last few years.
So please less of the selfish attitudes and let's a get a decent amount of people there many hands make light work.
If you can make it to race at bury regular you have no excuse not to be at the track to help and do your bit for your club.
Also please use your brains if you skills/tools that you think are relevant to the maintainence of our track don't leave them at home even brushes was in short supply last time. Bring what ever you think we can use.
So sorry lads bring your cars to MAYBE have a blast round after the track work is done. Also we can have a chat and bounce around some ideas around as to what features we might add or remove from our track!!!
No racing 4th feb as its track work day
Don't leave it to the usual suspects come and get involved
Anybody who's dos'nt agree here's my phone number 07783 452985
Buds
rc10fan
28-02-2012, 08:20 AM
looser
coleman758
28-02-2012, 08:31 AM
If the track needs work it needs work!
It's one day in the year, it's not like it's every week
The more the better & the quicker it's done!!
Darren Wales
28-02-2012, 08:51 AM
What time you getting there?
I will be bringing what ever i can to assist.
Roger suggested moving some of the concrete slabs to the side of the cabin but we do need to be mindful the building work is running a month behind schedule and they te still drawing up the landscaping plans.
I will pester them again today to see where they are up to.
Parking is likely to be an issue for a couple of months yet at least.
See you Sunday
Darren
It has been schedualed as a track maintainence day and that's what it should be me and Johnny will be there as we have been everytime over the last few years.
So please less of the selfish attitudes and let's a get a decent amount of people there many hands make light work.
If you can make it to race at bury regular you have no excuse not to be at the track to help and do your bit for your club.
Also please use your brains if you skills/tools that you think are relevant to the maintainence of our track don't leave them at home even brushes was in short supply last time. Bring what ever you think we can use.
So sorry lads bring your cars to MAYBE have a blast round after the track work is done. Also we can have a chat and bounce around some ideas around as to what features we might add or remove from our track!!!
No racing 4th feb as its track work day
Don't leave it to the usual suspects come and get involved
Anybody who's dos'nt agree here's my phone number 07783 452985
Buds
Wupding
28-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I would love to come down and help but unfortunately i will be working surfacing Wigan town centre on Sunday....
On the subject of roads, what is happening with the entrance to the outdoor track...
I can see about getting 20 ton of planing's delivered sometime to try and regrade the existing. I can probably get the planings for free but i will probably have to pay a haulier to bring it down to site.... Is this something the committee would be able to contribute to??
My concerns are if the area is adopted by the council will they accept this? ( i have plenty of experience with Lancashire County Council so i know how fickle they can be )
It would only take a couple of hours with a handful of people to regrade this area... I could even tow my roller down to site to give it a good pounding
budfish
28-02-2012, 09:05 AM
I would love to come down and help but unfortunately i will be working surfacing Wigan town centre on Sunday....
On the subject of roads, what is happening with the entrance to the outdoor track...
I can see about getting 20 ton of planing's delivered sometime to try and regrade the existing. I can probably get the planings for free but i will probably have to pay a haulier to bring it down to site.... Is this something the committee would be able to contribute to??
My concerns are if the area is adopted by the council will they accept this? ( i have plenty of experience with Lancashire County Council so i know how fickle they can be )
It would only take a couple of hours with a handful of people to regrade this area... I could even tow my roller down to site to give it a good pounding
Cool Wes I think it's somthing that needs doing but will proberbly have to wait for all ground work to finish.darrens department!!!!
I was thinking of usual time 11-12ish it shouldn't be to difficult after all it's. Only a year old
See you all Sunday
Buds
Si Coe
28-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Sorry - Did I just see Bud's making the responsible, sensible comments? Must be hallucinating!
If I know what needs doing, I can tool up for the job, but I've not been since the last outdoor and have no idea what the priority jobs are.
We've talked track alterations but lets be clear that is a BIG job - just lifting that astro will be a mission. So before we do that we need have a solid plan and everything we need to finish the job.
johnnygibbon
28-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I have the metal paint ordered allready I pick it up Friday
So will bring that and we're getting somewhere
mattb
29-02-2012, 07:10 AM
i think then we need to see of the powers that be are up for an outdoor meet :)
Just go down with all your kit and mess about with your setup,then when daves cleaned and tidied the track up,just throw your car down...No point messing about cleaning up,get your car sorted rob!
rc10fan
29-02-2012, 09:36 AM
my thoughts exactly lol fairs fair i help out with the indoor and dave does not he helps with the out door and i well end up helping out anyway :)
When you coming back to race matt you know you want too :)
budfish
29-02-2012, 09:41 AM
my thoughts exactly lol fairs fair i help out with the indoor and dave does not he helps with the out door and i well end up helping out anyway :)
When you coming back to race matt you know you want too :)
Tosser you've only been to one and then you just stood about like a poof on canal street!!!
rc10fan
29-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Stood about? I helped unpack the gear and set up I always offer to help where we're you when setting up ?
You still on for this pairs meet ?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.