PDA

View Full Version : Homemade battery mounts! :)


Razer
28-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm not really a big fan of velcro for mounting the batteries, so I decided to make my own mounts. I found that the original body mounts(I use velcro for the body:D) were perfect, and for the rear motor battery mount in the first picture, I have used a couple of 2mm shims, TLR6314 nut inserts and the body mounts, together with a strap made from carbon that I stole from a 14 dollar rotor blade balancer(http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13119). Works Peeeerfect.

For the midmotor I made a slot in the rear motor guard, and since I didn't have any more of TLR6314, I used a cut down battery mount post from my Bmax. The strap is from a Nanda touring car, dremeled to fit, I would guess you could use just about anything that is around 11-12cm long.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7184/6908927731_984f3013da_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7183/6793375190_bbd6b6d922_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7208/6939488885_99185b8c0f_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7183/6793377964_68f4c2af5e_z.jpg

Nas
29-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Looks Fantastic mate,seems like the edges are perfect.

Good job:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks.

Jaune
01-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Nicelly done!:thumbsup:

Razer
01-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys! I must say, I wonder why I didn't get this done sooner.... It's awesome, and I can't live without it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

zleader
01-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Looks great...

TKG26
02-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Used an old B4FT battery strap:

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/TKG26/IMG_20120213_225359.jpg


http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/TKG26/IMAG0249.jpg

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss201/TKG26/IMAG0247.jpg?t=1312802074

jaysllim
02-03-2012, 03:59 AM
I dont no if I should be saying,this but my brother has made a battery strap that looks like the centro it even has the brace that comes of the gearbox nd it looks really gd,but like I say I dnt no if I,should be saying this because he might kill me for telling his secret lol