View Full Version : New Rear C4.1 Towers
tony12795
06-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Been working with Atomic Carbon and nortechracing to make a new rear tower for the C4.1, the new rear tower is now 5mm think and the wing has been lowered to aid handling as IMO the kit tower and wing is to high. You can also run the kit (Schumacher) or Losi wing mounts. The actual shock positions are the same but actual tower has been re-profiled slightly to make them stronger.
I have been testing over the last few months indoors and outdoors and I have broken kit towers but with these I have had no issues at all.
Available soon from www.nortechracing.com (http://www.nortechracing.com/)
(Thanks to www.insidelineracing.co.uk (http://www.insidelineracing.co.uk/) for your help)
Here are some pictures with the Losi wing mounts on my car.
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9495/img0768yes.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6285/img0762yes.jpg
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/7843/img0757yes.jpg
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8603/img0753yes.jpg
Jamie B4
06-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Order placed as makes a good car even easier to drive
jaysllim
06-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Whats the blue front brace? Or have I let the cat outta the bag
Robbiejuk
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Whats the blue front brace? Or have I let the cat outta the bag
I had one of those on my X6 donkeys years ago, can't remember who make it though. Might be GPM.
Jamie B4
06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Thats a different option that is being tried - Tony is very good at evaluating parts to maximise the performance and get the car easier to drive for us
His car is exceptionally good!!
J
tony12795
06-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Its these, thought I would give it a try see what affect it had.
Also looks cool....
http://www.gpmracing-parts.com/shop/associated-10b4-stealth-graphite-platealloy-mount-front-damper-platesteering-3pcs-gab4012-p-90011119.html
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200643850675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Tony, no idea what effect it will have on the handling but the couple of those I have seen fitted to cars have developed slop in the steering pretty quickly. Particularly on the non-servo saver post.
tony12795
06-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Seems okay at the min, only ran it at one meeting, thanks though, will keep an eye on it. Like I said, only trying it see what it does, if its rubbish after a few meeting it will go in the bin......
MattADH
06-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I wondered if it would be possible to make the rear tower look a little more pretty? I think that at the top where the shock mounts, there should be a nice radius. The kit and AC tower looks like it has scraped along the road and created a point...
Also, I would like to see the same distance between the holes and the top of the tower to match the bottom. I understand that there needs to be clearance for the shock cap, but there is more material above the holes than below.
Before anyone says anything, yes I am quite sad.
OldTimer
06-03-2012, 09:26 PM
The kit and AC tower looks like it has scraped along the road and created a point...
Also, I would like to see the same distance between the holes and the top of the tower to match the bottom. I understand that there needs to be clearance for the shock cap, but there is more material above the holes than below.
Function over form ;)
The extra material above the shock holes is to add extra strength to one of the weakest areas of a shock tower, and less material under the shock holes is to allow for different makes of shock to fit.
tony12795
06-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Very sad!!! :thumbsup:
I know what your saying, but if you made the space above the same as below (like you have said) it's close to the shock caps and you would have to angle the associated shocks even more which changes the way the rear end works. Also if were to put big bore shocks or possibly Losi shock on they would not fit right......
tony12795
06-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Oh you have came out the printing room.........
Function over form ;)
The extra material above the shock holes is to add extra strength to one of the weakest areas of a shock tower, and less material under the shock holes is to allow for different makes of shock to fit.
OldTimer
06-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Oh you have came out the printing room.........
Not for long :p
Body Paint
06-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Function over form ;)
The extra material above the shock holes is to add extra strength to one of the weakest areas of a shock tower, and less material under the shock holes is to allow for different makes of shock to fit.
That's almost word for word what I was going to write lol, first thing I thought was "function over form" almost like I knew what the design brief :)
tony12795
06-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Think that was what I said but a much longer way round!!!!
That's almost word for word what I was going to write lol, first thing I thought was "function over form" almost like I knew what the design brief :)
MattADH
07-03-2012, 04:38 PM
But at least the end could be rounded off nicely!
But at least the end could be rounded off nicely!
+1:thumbsup:
Northy
16-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Been working with Atomic Carbon and nortechracing to make a new rear tower for the C4.1, the new rear tower is now 5mm think and the wing has been lowered to aid handling as IMO the kit tower and wing is to high. You can also run the kit (Schumacher) or Losi wing mounts. The actual shock positions are the same but actual tower has been re-profiled slightly to make them stronger.
I have been testing over the last few months indoors and outdoors and I have broken kit towers but with these I have had no issues at all.
Available soon from www.nortechracing.com (http://www.nortechracing.com/)
(Thanks to www.insidelineracing.co.uk (http://www.insidelineracing.co.uk/) for your help)
Here are some pictures with the Losi wing mounts on my car.
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9495/img0768yes.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6285/img0762yes.jpg
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/7843/img0757yes.jpg
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8603/img0753yes.jpg
Now available in the store: http://www.atomic-carbon.co.uk
jampat2004
27-03-2012, 07:39 PM
been on the ac website but cant find out how to order one,can anyone tell me if they available yet?
thanks
Cream
27-03-2012, 07:55 PM
been on the ac website but cant find out how to order one,can anyone tell me if they available yet?
thanks
http://www.nortechracing.com/ac/store.html
You needed to click on the Store link on the link Northy gave.
tony12795
23-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Ran this tower at Soutport Reg this weekend (22/04/12)
Made the car more stable and helped the car jump and land better on the hump in the center of the track......
:thumbsup:
ian20thatsme
03-05-2012, 01:36 PM
i have order one but not here yet hope to have this soon
anyone know who i can email ?
tony12795
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM
PM "Northy"
ian20thatsme
09-05-2012, 01:38 PM
whats the best wing mounts for this ?
Matt Butcher
09-05-2012, 04:13 PM
whats the best wing mounts for this ?
The standard schumacher ones work fine :thumbsup:
ian20thatsme
09-05-2012, 09:53 PM
where can you get the schumacher wing mounts ?
anyone got part number or a link to them
need them fast lol
Matt Butcher
10-05-2012, 08:27 AM
here: http://centro-rc.com/C4-1-spare-parts/C4-1-Centro-Rear-Wing-Mounts
or here http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Cars_and_Parts/CAT_SX3/U3850.html
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.