View Full Version : track work 10th and 11th march help needed
martin so16
06-03-2012, 08:46 PM
the track will be CLOSED for racing this sunday
we are going to be busy this weekend with the track and are after some members to help .
the plan is we are have a digger in to start on the car park the earth he removes is going to build up the height of the bank on the left hand side of the track
the old race control has to be moved
the new one needs painting
we have hired a roller to roll the track astro needs pulling up where the track is low to get rid of some of the large trenches so we can fill them in.
we are doing a new lay out as well new features to be built as well.
and lots of other jobs to do as well
any one that helps can have free practice on sunday as soon as we have finshed the work so if you can spare some time this weekend please let us know the more hands we have down there then more time to practice on sunday :thumbsup:
Dudders
07-03-2012, 12:04 AM
BUGGER!!!!! Had a pass out...
jamiekerr14
07-03-2012, 12:13 AM
bummer I was looking forward to getting the 410 out. I would offer to help saturday but I'm busy :( oh well..
Deano577
07-03-2012, 07:52 AM
I can give a hand Sunday do i need to bring any thing
Crazy L
07-03-2012, 08:58 PM
I'll try and pop down on saturday guys:thumbsup:
Northern Monkey
08-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Cheers Crazy L :thumbsup:
hotrodchris
08-03-2012, 09:19 AM
bummer I was looking forward to getting the 410 out. I would offer to help saturday but I'm busy :( oh well..
You can always come and help Sunday Jamie!:woot:
hotrodchris
08-03-2012, 09:22 AM
If anyone is available Friday to help lift the old piping and clear it to the side i will be there from about 10 to 10.30!:thumbsup:
I'll be there Sunday, afraid I can't do Saturday.
Cheers
Rob
jamiekerr14
08-03-2012, 09:32 AM
will see, tbh I should really be doing uni work all weekend anyway. As its only 1/2 day normally I can get away with it.
hotrodchris
08-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Didn't realise being on Oople was part of your Uni sylabus Jamie!!!!!!!
Lol:woot:
RubbleUK
08-03-2012, 10:44 AM
What times will work be starting/finishing each day? I'm sure most people who don't live too far away can spare a couple of hours to help out, I know I can, it's just a matter of scheduling it in with other commitments....
Chris
jamiekerr14
08-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Didn't realise being on Oople was part of your Uni sylabus Jamie!!!!!!!
Lol:woot:
Shut it you! :lol:
hotrodchris
08-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Shut it you! :lol:
Oh a sore point Jamie
hotrodchris
08-03-2012, 04:13 PM
What times will work be starting/finishing each day? I'm sure most people who don't live too far away can spare a couple of hours to help out, I know I can, it's just a matter of scheduling it in with other commitments....
Chris
Friday 10 ish
Saturday 8ish oneards
not getting dark till later nowadays so probably finish around 5 depending how things are going
RubbleUK
08-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Friday 10 ish
Saturday 8ish oneards
not getting dark till later nowadays so probably finish around 5 depending how things are going
Put me down for Friday am and Saturday pm, possibly Sunday for a few hours as well. I need a membership form too, I guess you're the person to speak to?
Chris
adamba
08-03-2012, 06:48 PM
will see, tbh I should really be doing uni work all weekend anyway. As its only 1/2 day normally I can get away with it.
Jamie,
You actually do something at Uni mate ? I thought all you lot do is drink drink drink wohoooo sounds great any places for a young 39 year old ?
:thumbsup:
Cammers
08-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I will be down sunday morning, light duties though as the backs given me a bit of stick this week.:(
RubbleUK
08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I will be down sunday morning, light duties though as the backs given me a bit of stick this week.:(
I've checked and the forecast is bright and sunny so lights won't be needed, besides, if there are enough of us, "many hands make light work"....
:-/
Chris
Hi chaps,
Good to see this thread has got a bit more alive. I know we all have commitments. I have 3 young kids so i no, but i am going to try and get down for a bit on Friday, will be there all day Saturday and Sunday if need be. I know we all like our racing, but we have got 2 regionals this year with the track as it is. ( which I might add is awesome) All we want to do is take it to the next level and that takes
HELP!!. Lots have visited this thread but very little in the way of help. The more help the better chance of a good practise session on Sunday when done. So bring your cars Sunday do some work and try out new track and features.
Just like to thank the people that are coming to help, and do understand that some people really cant get down.
Cheers
Dan
Deano577
08-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm in for Sunday but do I need some tools etc
I'm in for Sunday but do I need some tools etc
Hi Deano,
Bring anything you may think handy from hand tools to power tools. The club has some bits as you know but always handy having plenty.
See you Sunday
Cheers
Dan
gwesty
09-03-2012, 08:39 AM
hi guys , i will try for sunday . c u there
TomS 96
09-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi,
Should be down Saturday to help about 10, cant make Sunday though, as long as its alright for me to be left so the parents can go home?
Thanks Tom
Hi,
Should be down Saturday to help about 10, cant make Sunday though, as long as its alright for me to be left so the parents can go home?
Thanks Tom
Hi Tom,
Thats great cheers mate. Sure there are enough responsible adults at track.
Dan
jpmatrix
09-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Shalll pop down sunday morning to give a hand.
Shalll pop down sunday morning to give a hand.
Thanks James, see you tomorrow.
Dan
gwesty
10-03-2012, 08:45 AM
im coming down sunday to help also !
masons01
10-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Mason's got his paint brush at the ready and I can bring a Hammer so if you want a some extra help Mace and I will come down.
Mark
Briangb
10-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi guys. Sorry I can't get there to help. I know I only live 8 minutes away, but my back problems will not allow me to do anything too physical at the moment.
I would like to say though, that I do respect and acknowledge that without such a loyal group of people, none of us would have a club/track to race at. From my personal point of view, Many,many thanks to everyone involved. Without your efforts my future fun would be reduced. I look forward to seeing your efforts next week. Cheers. Brian.
SteveB
10-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Guys
To give a bit of detail around tomzand the works that needs to be done,
1. West side of astro need pinning back down and creases in astro pulled out
2. Raining black pipe needs pinning around outside of track
3. East side rock edge needs clearing of large rubble and packing with loose soil to make good
4. The area around old race control needs tidying and old atrso to cover dirt spaces
5. Race result board hooks need moving to other side
6. green fence around track needs re doing
7. All track marking need follow up pinning down as only few holding base of track
8. Astro need to be put over and pinned on new features
9. Astro down main straight needs pulling straight and pinning down
10. Track needs full sweep of debris
11. Side panels need making for side of new table top
12. Down slope on new features need making
13. New features Need wood protecting
14. Final painting on the new race control needs finishing
I'm sure that's most of the works thats needs completing, if there is an expectation to runs cars, that will not happen until the works is done
Thanks Steve
Crazy L
10-03-2012, 09:18 PM
hi guys, sorry for the no show but this morning was spent waiting for the doctor to ring me back about this stupid cough ive had since January, I'm now sat here in my PJs popping pills, fire on full whack, hot honey and lemon, a double shot of vodka and nurse Leilei tending to my needs.
Would like to pop down tomorrow but dont think I'm being a git if I dont turn up.:cry:
AmiSMB
10-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Any excuse to get Lei into the Nurses outfit again! No wonder you do not want to get better :) LOL!
hotrodchris
11-03-2012, 05:37 PM
A big thanks to all that have helped over this weekend with a magnificent turn out of 18 people today to give the final push.
I would list names but everyone who helped knows who they are.
Superb effort by all will try and post pics later for those that couldn't make it.
Deano577
11-03-2012, 06:43 PM
i gotta say the track looked FANTASTIC, did any one get a chance to take a car round the track if so how did it go lap times etc??:thumbsup:
martin so16
11-03-2012, 06:46 PM
i gotta say the track looked FANTASTIC, did any one get a chance to take a car round the track if so how did it go lap times etc??:thumbsup:
track is good dean not sure of the lap times but its fast and easy to drive
martin so16
11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
A big thanks to all that have helped over this weekend with a magnificent turn out of 18 people today to give the final push.
I would list names but everyone who helped knows who they are.
Superb effort by all will try and post pics later for those that couldn't make it.
thanks to you as well chris for spending the last 3 days at the track and thanks to nora for keeping us in tea :thumbsup:
Deano577
11-03-2012, 06:53 PM
track is good dean not sure of the lap times but its fast and easy to drive
sounds good roll on next sunday
hotrodchris
12-03-2012, 09:17 AM
A few pics of the works that went on 9th, 10th and 11th March, again a big thanks to all that came and helped!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
hotrodchris
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
More photos!
hotrodchris
12-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Still some work for the machine to do on the new car park area and some more features to be built and added, despite 3 full days on site and lots of help "good thing's take time but great things take even longer!":thumbsup::):thumbsup::drool::o
wylie
12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Top work guys, sorry I could'nt make it down been on nights, track looks superb :drool: :thumbsup:
Stuweatherman
12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Looks great, fast laps by the looks of it. Gonna have to try to sneak out on sunday then to give it a go!! lol
hotrodchris
13-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Stu
track still has some features to be added but yes it is fast.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.