View Full Version : XXX-CR Rear Pivot Plate
Chidders
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM
I have had the XXX-CR for just over 3 months now and replaced x2 rear pivot plates. is this normal ? and is there an upgrade for this part ?
Thanks Rob
migsy
07-03-2012, 06:05 PM
hi rob.
how you breaking the p-plate?
i've always pushed my xxx cr and never broke that part.
is your the plastic or graphite?
Alan Reeves
07-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I have run a xxx in one form or another since I bought a xxx spec back in the day!
I only ever broke that part once and that was my own fault because it (and the chassis) were dremmeled to have slots in to get the cells a bit lower.
cwilson
07-03-2012, 09:51 PM
i have run a xxx-cr for a few years now. i have broken alot of parts but only a couple of pivot plates. it is uncommon to brake it but not impossable. there is an aliminium upgrade but it is hard to find. i have one but its on my xxx-t.
Chidders
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM
I have the standard plastic part, im not extreme bashing, mainly carpet club racing. where am i going wrong ? Ali upgrade sounds good, where would i get one ?
Darren Boyle
07-03-2012, 10:39 PM
I have the standard plastic part, im not extreme bashing, mainly carpet club racing. where am i going wrong ? Ali upgrade sounds good, where would i get one ? Rob DO NOT get the alloy one, it WILL be the worst thing you could do, it will simply pass the stress of each crash through into somthing else like the chassis. Speak to you tommorow night about it.....
Tom3012
07-03-2012, 10:53 PM
If its the t-plate try and get a graphite one, they dont break easily...:thumbsup:
rcjunky
08-03-2012, 06:08 AM
pm me if you want an aluminum one, I can probably hook you up
Spoolio
08-03-2012, 10:50 PM
You mean that part that the hinge pins pass through? The block that's sandwiched between the t-plate and the gearbox? I flippin hate that part, I have broken 3 of them, one I think fell to pieces after my cat looked at it funny. I did buy an alloy one for an XXX-T but although the seller told me it was compatible it wasn't (it was wider) so I sent it back. Reading your post has reminded me I need to get a new block to finish off my XXX-CR resto.
Darren Boyle
09-03-2012, 12:26 AM
You mean that part that the hinge pins pass through? The block that's sandwiched between the t-plate and the gearbox? I flippin hate that part, I have broken 3 of them, one I think fell to pieces after my cat looked at it funny. I did buy an alloy one for an XXX-T but although the seller told me it was compatible it wasn't (it was wider) so I sent it back. Reading your post has reminded me I need to get a new block to finish off my XXX-CR resto.
No "Rob" (the OP) means the T plate itself...
Had a drive of his car for him tonight and it all seems not too bad to me to be honest....
Chidders
09-03-2012, 04:45 PM
No "Rob" (the OP) means the T plate itself...
Had a drive of his car for him tonight and it all seems not too bad to me to be honest....
Thanks for all of your help on this subject, and yes Darren gave me a master class with my own car:thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.