PDA

View Full Version : Ellis's steering mod


ashleyb4
31-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi all

noticed when looking at the pics of elli's car he has a mod on his ballcrank that gets rid of the drag link im just wondering why does he do this? Is it something all the xfactory drivers do and i just havent noticed it?

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/nif2008/4wd/bigimages/OOP_7333.jpg

A

jimmy
31-03-2008, 10:33 PM
I think it's something he / XFactory will be making?

super__dan
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Is it something all the xfactory drivers do and i just havent noticed it?




Not yet, hopefully soon ;)

Jimmy is wise!

ashleyb4
01-04-2008, 10:30 AM
thanks

A

Danny McGee
01-04-2008, 05:39 PM
thanks

A

Can Chazz not write into Ellis' contract that he's not allowed to use those HORRIBLE yellow wheels, ever time i see it im dont know if i want to laugh or be sick............... ;)

Also, Dan whats the idea of the link? may have to knock something up for the xx4 and give it a bash

SHY
01-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey! Yellow wheels are cool! :cool: White wheels are like eggs without bacon...

Racing has always been bright! :lol:

I think it must be a changed Ackerman angle... :confused:

ashleyb4
01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Yellow wheels are go fast wheels but im not sure about the spoked ones :bored::blush:

A

SHY
01-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Even better! Very refreshing! :thumbsup:

Go E!!! I actually think he won ONLY because of the übercool, yellow, spoked wheels!!! :p

Well observed btw Ash!

Chris Doughty
01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Can Chazz not write into Ellis' contract that he's not allowed to use those HORRIBLE yellow wheels, ever time i see it im dont know if i want to laugh or be sick............... ;)


+1 ! :thumbsup:

ashleyb4
01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Even better! Very refreshing! :thumbsup:

Go E!!! I actually think he won ONLY because of the übercool, yellow, spoked wheels!!! :p

Well observed btw Ash!

well i saw iton his car on sunday and i didnt want to ask because im a little shy :blush:

A

markwilliamson2001
01-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I never minded the yellow 5 spoke losi wheels, but I don't like those jconcept spokes. Maybe thats why ellis chose them, since they are off-putting for other 'a' finalists!

Big E
01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Ha ha Dan, I run what I want already and Chazz doesn't mind as long as the car is fast :thumbsup:

I'm not sure on them myself actually, I kinda like them sometimes then other times I like my old white dish wheels.

Ashley you should have just asked me, I'm ok to talk to, it's the kids you need to steer clear of.....little monsters they are :woot:

I have been playing with the steering for a good few months now and it is good but not telling why :p

Will hopefully be available fairly soon just got a few more tweaks to make to it so it fits all nice and easy.

E.

ashleyb4
01-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Ashley you should have just asked me, I'm ok to talk to, it's the kids you need to steer clear of.....little monsters they are :woot:

E.

:lol::lol::p

Bless A

Paul_Sinclair
01-04-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm kinda surprised no one pointed this out after seeing Jimmy's pics from Worksop round 6...

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worksop240208/bigimages/OOP_1166.jpg

Its kinda hard to see - I've known to look for it, I guess - but notice the lack of a locknut for the drag link and the location of the inner tie rod end...

dfank
01-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Well I actually asked Ellis about it, but on 4wdrc.com :thumbsup:

Congrats on the win!!

Are there any videos around?

Daniel

YoungChazz
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Hold your pants on there, Danny, we'll have the part out ASAP and it will fit the xx-4. We're putting the final C.A.D. together now on a number of new E-Speed parts and hope to have them on the market in 2 - 3 months. (It's amazing how long it takes to do everything necessary to market just one little part. Seems like making the furshlugginer part is about 10% of the work.)

We don't have "contracts" at X Factory. We don't send the drivers a standard piece of paper and force them to sign.

Instead, we speak back and forth with our professional staff and work out mutually acceptible "Agreements." It's so much more fun and satisfying that way...

Darren Boyle
01-04-2008, 10:26 PM
You better like those wheels Stafford, we have some ordered because of you :woot: ............. LOL

Looking forward to getting the current batch of E-Speed stuff soon and even more looking forward to some new bits coming soon......... (talking of which, did you get my email last night Chazz?)

Chris Doughty
01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm kinda surprised no one pointed this out after seeing Jimmy's pics from Worksop round 6...

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worksop240208/bigimages/OOP_1166.jpg

Its kinda hard to see - I've known to look for it, I guess - but notice the lack of a locknut for the drag link and the location of the inner tie rod end...

I think we have just learned the secret of how to get away with running prototype parts.

use crazy loud yellow wheels and no one will be able to look at anything else :thumbsup:

ashleyb4
01-04-2008, 10:34 PM
lol chris

I like the pump thing ellis has to clean his car thats cool.

A

Body Paint
02-04-2008, 12:23 AM
lol chris

I like the pump thing ellis has to clean his car thats cool.

A

Ellis is well known for blowing his car off after every race :blush:

Congrats on the win Big E, was well deserved, you were on it all weekend :thumbsup: