View Full Version : My Yokomo MR-4bx
Arnefles
13-03-2012, 10:02 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0301bxbak350035.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0301bxbak350018.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0301bxbak350037.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0306bxbak3560011.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0306bxbak3560013.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0315bxbak35670045.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0315bxbak35670036.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0301bxbak350029.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0301bxbak350033.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/2012_0301bxbak350013.jpg
Chassis: Specialmade by Fibro-lyte (0.5.mm thicker than orginal and less holes in)
Shocktowers: Doubble/6.5mm from Fibro-lyte
Upper chassis: Special made 2.5.mm
Lower arms: B-max BM-008R/BM-008F
Sus.pin ball: B-max BM-300B
Hinge pin rear: Piano thread 3*54mm
Hinge pin front: Yokomo BD-5 BD-009BR (I have drilled the holes in the bulkhead to 3.mm)
Plastic rod end: B-max BM206
Wheel hub front: B-max BM-011F
Spur: Ass B4 #9653 84.t. (J.C. silent gear)
Belts: Tough racing Front TRT B180
Rear TRF B181
Wing Mount: B-max BM-001
Mid pulley: ZC-671H (drilled)
Diff.Balls: B-max ZD-505T Tungsten carbide
Diff.Lube: Nuclear
Diff.Thrust balls: ZS-507T Tungsten carbide
Pinions: Tamiya TRF
Shock caps: Ass #6443
Stablizer kit: B-max BM-412 (F and R) With custom made plate
Front cvd axl: Team C. T04025/ Ansmann 125000942 (Blizzard)
Rear Cvd axl: Team C. bone from #TU0233 + Yokomo B-max2 B2-010RA/B-max4 BM-010RAC (with the RAC you also can use the Losi 22 hex with no problems if you want).
Or Losi tlr 22 rear axl/mip.
Battery post: 3-racing Zx-5
Naushad
13-03-2012, 10:35 PM
That really looks nice.
What shock oils are you using and what surface are you running on
canon67
13-03-2012, 10:49 PM
I have one for sale whit new front arms mod and lots of parts for 100$ Canadien plus shipping just saying.
Den :thumbsup:
Arnefles
14-03-2012, 09:57 AM
That really looks nice.
What shock oils are you using and what surface are you running on
I'm basically driving on astro here in Norway. We have a lot of good astrotracks here now;-)
I drive with the white pistons/ 2#1.4mm holes front and the black 2#1.3mm rear and uses Losi oil 35-40 front and 25-30 rear.
Arnefles
14-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I have one for sale whit new front arms mod and lots of parts for 100$ Canadien plus shipping just saying.
Den :thumbsup:
I have a lot of bx-parts in stock, if I didn't-I would have bought yours, no doubt! :-)
I also have the Durango Dex410, but I drive the bx-ho ho;-) -It's so much smoother!
Razer
14-03-2012, 01:20 PM
I have one for sale whit new front arms mod and lots of parts for 100$ Canadien plus shipping just saying.
Den :thumbsup:
Interesting:P
Nice work there Arne!
Razer! hohohoho go on!!
JohnM
14-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Looks nice dude, really need to give mine a good rebuild one day.I would take the little rear gear box cover off though, I found it make the diff stayed cleaner for longer without the rear covered, lets the dirt pass straight through.
superdez
14-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Looks good. Is it possible to have some pictures of the modified layshaft pulley out of the car?
Arnefles
14-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Looks good. Is it possible to have some pictures of the modified layshaft pulley out of the car?
I can take some more pic tomorrow;-)
Arnefles
14-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Looks nice dude, really need to give mine a good rebuild one day.I would take the little rear gear box cover off though, I found it make the diff stayed cleaner for longer without the rear covered, lets the dirt pass straight through.
Thanks!
I see what you mean.
Since I drive on the astro, I never have any problem with dirt arround the diff-even if it's rubber or sand in the astrotracks.
Arnefles
14-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Interesting:P
Yes man, very interesting! Bring it to Lørenskog;-)
Arnefles
15-03-2012, 12:05 AM
The stablizersystem in the rear looks a bit advansed but actually it makes it more easy to change the belt and the diff.
It's less screws to remove!
I bought some carbon on hobbyking and dremel the top of the rear.
Now I can easly adjust the inner link up and down, just to remove or put in one of the carbonplates. It's ony 4 screws. :-)
Arnefles
15-03-2012, 12:19 AM
REO :-)
Arnefles
15-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Looks good. Is it possible to have some pictures of the modified layshaft pulley out of the car?
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/AA1DivkjpYokomoetcDes201112.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/AA1DivkjpYokomoetcDes201111.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/Yokomo%20MR-4bx/A1OppsettingavYokomofrDHI2012.jpg
Some pic when I made it. I used some plastic between the pulleys.
I have tighten it, I have no need of the one-way system. But I can of course loosen it if I need:-)
canon67
19-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Interesting:P
Pics are gone sorry for the delay bud I was out of town for buisiness.
Den.
Arnefles
05-04-2012, 08:48 AM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Arnefles/2012_0401bxbak3567890010.jpg
Put in the Nosram Pearl v.2/90905 esc.
canon67
05-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Sold mine to Naushad hope you have fun post pics of it wen you get it going bud i had a LRP SXX tc whit 10.5 Novak worked goood let me now wen it comes in.
Den.
Naushad
06-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks Denis... I will let you know.
I'm making electric adjustments to the bx I have now. I also need to fiddle with the shocks.
I'm sure I'll get cracking on the bx you've sent me soon enough!
Naushad
Bastos
06-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Hello,
Have you done some adjustments or specific tooling to fit the Team C dogbones in front and rear ?
Front cvd axl: Team C. T04025
Rear Cvd axl: Team C. T02058
And, using Bmax4 arms...does it change the wheels base or/and width?
Lower arms: B-max BM-008R/BM-008F
Bastos
canon67
07-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Using the Bmax front arms did not change the wheel base or whidth just the shock location in the bottom of the arm.
Den. :thumbsup:
Arnefles
08-04-2012, 04:59 AM
Hello,
Have you done some adjustments or specific tooling to fit the Team C dogbones in front and rear ?
Front cvd axl: Team C. T04025
Rear Cvd axl: Team C. T02058
And, using Bmax4 arms...does it change the wheels base or/and width?
Lower arms: B-max BM-008R/BM-008F
Bastos
Only thing I had to do was a little (very little!) dremling inside the rear hub.
Everything else fitted right on!
In about 3 weeks I will try to fit the B-max2 rear axles in the rear, maybe the fits right on:)
Arnefles
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
The B-max2 axles did not fit right on, only the wheel axl part fit.
So I drive the Team c part #T04027 bone with the Yokomo B-max2 #B2-010RA, they fits perfect together:-)
Arnefles
18-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks Denis... I will let you know.
I'm making electric adjustments to the bx I have now. I also need to fiddle with the shocks.
I'm sure I'll get cracking on the bx you've sent me soon enough!
Naushad
Got any pic of your bx yet? :-)
Naushad
19-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Yeah I will get some sorted out soon...no problem!
Nothing special about the setup...more or less
stock!
Just finished refitting electrics and new tyres.
Arnefles
22-05-2012, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=Arnefles;652603]The B-max2 axles did not fit right on, only the wheel axl part fit.
So I drive the Team c part #T04027/TU0233 bone with the Yokomo B-max2 #B2-010RA, they fits perfect together but the car gets a bit wide so you have to put a shim on the inside of the hub.
But now I tryed the B-max4 axl (BM-010RAC) and it fits even better, and now you also can use the Losi 22 rims with a hex if you want-it fits very well :-)
In the end: Team C #TU0233 + Yokomo BM-010RAC :-)
Bastos
15-06-2012, 08:52 PM
In pictures…That's mine…
There is a long time I have to do it…re-furbushing my BX with my personal « touch »…
We can not see it but Motor and batteries are forward about 7 mm…chassis, top deck ( Thx Fiberlite ) and belts ( Thx BANDO ) have change for more steering and traction.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7785/img0661j.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/137/img0661j.jpg/)
Sometime we are « fashion victim »…but sometime it is really necessary…BX « Bigbored »
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/1411/img0663ir.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/img0663ir.jpg/)
Use of « BX World » camber link support with additional point location to make the camber link longer to get more « front traction » and steering at low speed.
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5843/img0669xj.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/img0669xj.jpg/)
Speedo ( RS Pro ) and receiver on a same side ( for well balance R/L ) on carbon plate…the access to pinion is more complicated…so…leave two screws and you have a complete access to adjust the pinion & spur .
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5765/img0670.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/img0670.jpg/)
As the Lipo are lighter…two brass plate ( 1,5 mm thickness ) are inserted under each for the circonstancy => 50gr more for each saddle.
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1655/img0673b.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/img0673b.jpg/)
Rear Shock support « Special Bradders » with intermediate point location to adjust the rear grip perfectly…
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8858/img0675jb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/img0675jb.jpg/)
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5181/img0667m.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/img0667m.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
Naushad
15-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Looks great!! The big bore suit it. I hope it handles well!
Your shock towers look moulded together. How did you achieve that?
Bastos
15-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Just cyanocrilate on the edge. Apply multilayers of cyano to get this result...but between each layer of cyano...sand the edge ( 400-600 ) ...at the end you've got something "round" like the photos.
The advantage is, when you scratch the edge of your towers, you can sand it again and repair it without damaging the carbon.
Arnefles
16-06-2012, 08:27 PM
The car look's great, nice finish!
I noticed you moved your batteries...
How much weight did you put on, anything between the batteries or just arround?
Arnefles
16-06-2012, 08:48 PM
I did also try the big bore from the B-max, but I think my car handles better over here with the orginal shocks.
But I didn't do to much research... ;-)
Bastos
18-06-2012, 12:22 PM
How much weight did you put on, anything between the batteries or just arround?
I put 50gr but under each saddle
Eraser
19-06-2012, 04:58 PM
My Special BX. Hope to get tested it soon:woot:
Naushad
19-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Hey Andreas!!!
How are you doing man!
So moving to the Bx...what's prompted this?
Nice car. Like the carbon effect diff cover!
Are those yokomo big bores? Why have you used a plastic front shock tower?
What electric setup are you using?
Arnefles
20-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Interesting... Never seen b-max shocktower on the bx!
Bastos
20-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Hello guys :)
I think that the big bore use by Eraser are from "Team C or Ansmann"...to be confirm
For the front shock tower...it's a nice choice against "carbon" breakage...
Cheers
Bastos
you should turn around those screws on front shock.. but intersting to see if that tower is ok.
mamour
21-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Hello guys :)
I think that the big bore use by Eraser are from "Team C or Ansmann"...to be confirm
For the front shock tower...it's a nice choice against "carbon" breakage...
Cheers
Bastos
i think too it's teamC big bore (or ansmann)
i've received my MR4 Bx yesterday, i think i'll post some pics in a few days
Good job Bastos! That car looks really Langlet'ified! :thumbsup:
Eraser
21-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi
Yes, the Big Bores are from Team C., got no Yokomo Big Bores:(.
-Front Arms are HB D4
-B-Max front Shock towers are much cheaper as the carbon ones
-Special rear design...
I have also an Yokomo MR4-BX like new and a Worlds Edition:drool:
@Naushad......My Race Car is still the ACADEMY SB-V3:thumbsup:
that rear mod is done several years ago by other. i did it last year. nice to have option to change tracktion @ rear. i have my own link mod rear, + full bmax4 rear arms and hub, bmax4 front arms. i can post some pics later tonight.
Arnefles
22-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi
Yes, the Big Bores are from Team C., got no Yokomo Big Bores:(.
-Front Arms are HB D4
-B-Max front Shock towers are much cheaper as the carbon ones
-Special rear design...
I have also an Yokomo MR4-BX like new and a Worlds Edition:drool:
@Naushad......My Race Car is still the ACADEMY SB-V3:thumbsup:
Does the HB-arms fit right on, and did it change the lenght or width on the car, or the points for the shocks?
JohnM
22-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Why would you want D4 arms on a Bx? they're no way close to being as strong as the Yok ones:confused:
Arnefles
22-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Why would you want D4 arms on a Bx? they're no way close to being as strong as the Yok ones:confused:
If you mean me...? I like the b-max arms, they are very flexi and solid!
But allways interested to know what fit's the bx, I also know that the team c tc4 arms fit.
I'll keep the b-max arms of course :-)
Arnefles
22-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Very interesting to see so many different bx's, I don't think any other car can have so many different types of the same model...
Love the bx-make it your personal car! :-)
JohnM
23-06-2012, 11:06 AM
If you mean me...? I like the b-max arms, they are very flexi and solid!
But allways interested to know what fit's the bx, I also know that the team c tc4 arms fit.
I'll keep the b-max arms of course :-)
No, not you dude, it was Erazer who said he had HB D4 arms on his, I had a D4 for a time, no way would I want those arms on my BX, they broke in crashes my BX laughed at.
Bastos
24-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Just a little video of the MR4Bx of Billy Easton when he was beginning with the BX...He was yet applying the rear MOD...
F2eNAiLJq3E
Eraser
25-06-2012, 06:23 PM
the reason was... i got no original arms left:thumbdown:
Arnefles
26-06-2012, 09:31 PM
the reason was... i got no original arms left:thumbdown:
Skip the orginals and buy the b-max arms, you just need to drill the holl in the bulkhead bigger. The b-max arms are really good, they are very flexible and they are much cheaper (and better)! :-)
here is mine with shocks @ back.
Naushad
01-07-2012, 11:09 PM
I said to Arnefles I would post mine...so here it is!
If anyone has got some good indoor setups, let me know!
1. With shell on. Changes tyres to Louise E-Groove all around. Good for indoor.
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/photo-41.jpg
2. With shell off.
a. Team Wave 30 ESC
b. Team Wave 8.5T brushless
c. Robitronic 4400 mAh Lipos.
d. Spek 2.4G receiver
e. Savox 1258 Servo
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/photo-40.jpg
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/photo-37.jpg
3. Front end
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/photo-38.jpg
4. Rear end. No fancy stuff here!
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/photo-39.jpg
mamour
14-07-2012, 02:01 PM
there is mine from France :)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1oLn-lNwnVU/UAF7F7w86fI/AAAAAAAAAlw/qAQJFFaRYSI/s1600/165869_3681310002841_858236389_n.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BXlLC_Mv9KM/UAF7IuiPY4I/AAAAAAAAAl4/W8MakvOFyMM/s1600/396581_3758308487755_821244193_n.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Wb12_qHVNVs/UAF7JknLZBI/AAAAAAAAAmA/nReObyuvOIQ/s1600/531394_3758331208323_887122993_n.jpg
Naushad
14-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Neat my friend! I like it!
What surface are you running on?
mamour
17-07-2012, 08:09 AM
i must finished intall and i'm looking for Big bore and lipo smart tray
after this i'll running on outdoor carpet floor track
Naushad
17-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Diggidy designs in the USA do the lipo trays for the mr4bx. Find them on google.
canon67
17-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Diggidy designs in the USA do the lipo trays for the mr4bx. Find them on google.
What did you doo whit the one I sold you.
Den.
Naushad
17-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Bonjour den!
I am going to fix it up a little, but I've got so many projects on!
I love the car though! I like the diff cases you've put on there!
Are you still with your losi 22?
Regards
Naushad
mamour
17-07-2012, 01:00 PM
thanks Naushad, i know diggity design and i think i'll order my lipo smart tray on their web site
this is Bastos who gave me this adress but thanks for the answer ;)
Arnefles
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
A little clip from Innherred raceway right after I bought it last year, the car have many changes since then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7qadfSqYz0
canon67
01-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Bonjour den!
I am going to fix it up a little, but I've got so many projects on!
I love the car though! I like the diff cases you've put on there!
Are you still with your losi 22?
Regards
Naushad
Yep still got the 22 also run the new SVR nice bug.
Naushad
02-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Just got a box art shell done for the mr4bx you
Sold to me!! I will do up the car and strip it down.
Can't wait
Glad you still enjoying the 22!
Arnefles
02-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Just got a box art shell done for the mr4bx you
Sold to me!! I will do up the car and strip it down.
Can't wait
Glad you still enjoying the 22!
How is it going with the prosject? :-) Pic?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.