View Full Version : After market front wishbones b44
tisher
15-03-2012, 07:14 PM
is there any after market front wishbones available for the B44 that are stonger than standard as my son is going though them for fun:thumbdown:
funkygrump81
15-03-2012, 07:53 PM
The only problem with strengthenin them mate is you would just transfer the problem and it would break something else ie bulkhead or frontbrace :confused:
funkygrump81
15-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Actually thinking about it mark rigby modified a foam touringcar bumper too fit his and from what i remember worked quite well
danDanEFC
15-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I found a big bumper on eBay for my B44, when I was going through front shock shafts.
I've seen alloy ones.
As mentioned they either bend (and become worse than useless) or they transfer the breakage to a more expensive part.
blue_pinky
15-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Same thought here...stick to changing the wishbones...they are cheap and easy to fix...anything stronger will only mean more expensive and difficult repairs!
Slow the car down somehow via EPA/motor/ESC/ or all of those, take a load of speed out until his control is better, and find a big bumper instead...will be much more effective!
:thumbsup:
tisher
16-03-2012, 07:43 AM
I think I might have to go down the bumper route ..I have got a t bone one for a kyosho somewhere I might be able to modify I need to do something tho as they dont seem that strong hopefully I will not get the same issue when I start racing mine outside:thumbdown:
johnnygibbon
16-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Sounds like he's being a right rough bugger with it
Hahahahaha
Get him a stinger Truggy or sc truck till he used to driving stuff big
BumPers are a nightmare on buggys
Remember Paul with his on his blizzard
It was awful
Like when they banned bull bars on jeeps and vans years ago cos to much destruction was happening
Also is there not two types of associated wishbones
Plastic and carbon
Maybe you got the more brittle carbon ones
Jamie B4
19-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Dont think associated do front B44.1 wishbones in carbon or if they do are they available from uk
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.