PDA

View Full Version : First Outdoor Meeting Next Week!


Si Coe
18-03-2012, 09:29 PM
OK, well we're off outdoors next weekend, but there are a few issues. Building work is still on going and as a result access to the track is limited, especially if the ground is damp.

What was discussed today is that we all park on the main car park, and we'll set up some tents for pitting nearer the track. Do not drive up to the track itself.

Clearly charging is going to be an issue with this layout, so we are looking at hooking up one of our genny's as a charging station. However, if like me you have a portable 12V I suggest you use that instead.

Exactly what our final parking arrangements will be is still being sorted, but this looks like the best option for now. If people have any tents, genny's etc they can supply it will all help.

Howler
19-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a good plan.

MikePimlott
19-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Si,

You got PM

Si Coe
19-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Just to clarify this is just until construction finishes, which officially shouldn't be that long - another month I hear.
However at present the allocated parking area we've got is still tiny (15 cars or so) which means even then its going to be tight. Darren's chasing more room, but till then my advice is we designate the allocated parking as 'Disabled/Special access) and park on the main car park whenever possible.
In theory if you really NEED to drive up to the track it is possible, but only those who really need it should do so - ie not Volvo drivers....

budfish
20-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Just to clarify this is just until construction finishes, which officially shouldn't be that long - another month I hear.
However at present the allocated parking area we've got is still tiny (15 cars or so) which means even then its going to be tight. Darren's chasing more room, but till then my advice is we designate the allocated parking as 'Disabled/Special access) and park on the main car park whenever possible.
In theory if you really NEED to drive up to the track it is possible, but only those who really need it should do so - ie not Volvo drivers....

What if I turn up in the wife's Astra?

Si Coe
20-03-2012, 01:16 PM
What if I turn up in the wife's Astra?


Astra drivers get priority :thumbsup:

The race controller
20-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Astra drivers get priority :thumbsup:

Why? Are they "Track laying" or 4 wheel drive?

losichris
20-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Been over to the track this morning for a spot of testing.
Have to say how good condition the actual track is in! Apart from a bit of sweeping , the track is exactly how it was left before the winter.
Ground around the cabin area is fine ( while the weathers dry)
I think a pitting area, and charging facility is going to be a must cause theres no way of getting cars near the track

tisher
20-03-2012, 05:33 PM
What if I turn up in the wife's Astra?


are you not supposed to be in Nottingham this Sunday:confused:

super__dan
21-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Is there a meeting this sunday i.e. 25th March

Howler
21-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Yes, at Goshen.

Si Coe
21-03-2012, 10:02 PM
However I won't be there. Got an interview on Monday I'll need to work for.

coleman758
21-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Is there a meeting this sunday i.e. 25th March

Sure is, Back outdoors :D

JonyNitro
21-03-2012, 10:20 PM
However I won't be there. Got an interview on Monday I'll need to work for.

YOU mean your not allowed:lol:

Verde
22-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I've not been before fellas so just checking 10am arrival is early enough?

Si, I was hoping to pick your brains so will have to harass someone else instead... Good luck on the interview.

coleman758
22-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Dont pick Si's brains..... You don't know where its been....

The race controller
22-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Dont pick Si's brains..... You don't know where its been....

Somebody told me it had been in a cement mixer for a few hours. Hence his aversion to work.:wub

Si Coe
22-03-2012, 04:24 PM
My aversion to work is cos I'm a lazy gobshite.

But I really hate my current job so need this one.....

losichris
22-03-2012, 05:04 PM
does anyone have a 12v or gen i could use for 20mins on sunday?

losichris
23-03-2012, 06:44 PM
does anyone have a 12v or gen i could use for 20mins on sunday?

BUMP :thumbsup:

Alan Reeves
23-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Yea no problem, come and find me in the morning same shell as my profile pic ;)

losichris
23-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Yea no problem, come and find me in the morning same shell as my profile pic ;)


Thanks mate, think ive spoke to you before
Cheers
Chris

Howler
23-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Given the good forecast (fingers crossed), i've asked my cousin, a photographer, to come down and take some new photos for the website.

super__dan
24-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Can I just check times and whether the charging station option is happening please?

Hopefully see you tomorrow

Si Coe
24-03-2012, 08:18 PM
It should be starting 11 to 11.30ish

There is no mains currently available trackside, but we have 2 generators. One is needed for race control, the other is technically surplus to requirements.
In theory if someone wanted to fuel it up and start it going they could charge off that.

Maddy
24-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Ill bring mine too so when im not charging its free to use for everyone,just help yourself,no probs.

super__dan
24-03-2012, 09:39 PM
That's great, thanks chaps!

budfish
25-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Ill be down about 10.30 To help with the track

Buds

Chris B
25-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Can I book in late? Watching the f1/boat racing first.

Paul str
25-03-2012, 08:16 PM
It has been 26 years since I was a member of bury model shop buggy club :woot:unfortunately I didn't recognise any old members but me and my grandson had a great couple of hours watching the racing. We are planning on starting racing next week hope to see you all there

Howler
25-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Well, that was four years before i first raced there. Do you remember the days of racing on the old Radcliffe Boys Club five-a-side pitches? That's where i first became aware of the club, a few years before i started actually racing.

super__dan
26-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Great meeting yesterday, whoever booked the weather smashed it!

Maddy
26-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Fantastic day all round,good track lay out,weather was perfect and some very good racing,
even better when i kicked howlers ass in the B final to take 1st.
1 all mate.

coleman758
26-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Sounds like i missed a good day boy! Will be there on Sunday though :thumbsup:, May even have the new electric's for my truck!!

YES I BOUGHT A TRUCK!!

Si Coe
26-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Me too! Most annoying as interview was waste of time as well. Bet its p!$$!ng down next weekend too!

budfish
26-03-2012, 05:57 PM
I thought it was crap waiting to be marshalled off kids was absolute turd for us 4wd guys. I wasn't pushing like I should due to the fact if I went on my roof it was going to be 30 secs to get marshalled there fore losing a lap race over!!!

Total crap sort out the marshalls it's just not working!!!!

Buds

Si Coe
26-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Or you could just go 2wd instead!

We'll have to look at heat ordering for marshalling more carefully.

Howler
26-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Well someone's always going to be marshalled by the kids.

budfish
26-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Well someone's always going to be marshalled by the kids.

No mate. The dads that bring the kids and volunteers should do it I'd volunteer myself to Marshall the kids for 2 rounds take the kids out of marshalling the adults full stop

Chris B
26-03-2012, 07:23 PM
No objection to kids marshalling but they should be helped / supervised by adults or fathers. There is a safety aspect to consider too for the younger ones. I would have been happy to help if I wasn't racing that heat.

Most of my marshal problems were due to crashing into buds so maybe he should also be supervised lol.

Also I couldn't help but smile when we both needed turning over and the nearest marshal was sat with a cone on his head lol.

Chris B
26-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Overall though it was a top day

jameswilkinson7
26-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Also I couldn't help but smile when we both needed turning over and the nearest marshal was sat with a cone on his head lol.


LOL:lol: I bet Buds had some choice words!

Verde
26-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I had a top day thanks fellas'... Especially Dave, Danny and Steve for showing me the ropes and putting up with my stupid questions (and daft driving - sorry Steve).

Also tried the tyre boiling thing Dave, and it worked a treat. I can put them on some rims that won't wobble now.

Until next time... Off to get my sunburn treated now!

losichris
26-03-2012, 08:41 PM
I think the standard of marshalling needs looking at too.
I helped out some of the 4wd heats and today i feel like ive done a cross country. Young kids must be supervised, and put in less crash prone areas.
If im running around turning cars over for other people, its a bit annoying when i see someone strolling over with no real care to turn my car over, losing 10+ seconds on my lap.

Howler
26-03-2012, 09:24 PM
I had a top day thanks fellas'... Especially Dave, Danny and Steve for showing me the ropes and putting up with my stupid questions (and daft driving - sorry Steve).

Also tried the tyre boiling thing Dave, and it worked a treat. I can put them on some rims that won't wobble now.

Until next time... Off to get my sunburn treated now!

We'll put it down to a racing incident... although i think if we had a stewards inquiry we'd find you and Dave had planned it!:lol:

Maddy
27-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Fair racing it was mate,cheers jay ;)

Verde
27-03-2012, 06:26 PM
What can I say Steve. The lower ranks of rc have always been full of corruption, I've got a new motor Im saving up for so feel free to hire my services (platinum cover also includes guaranteed stewards decision) :-)