PDA

View Full Version : Ansmann XT Pro Stadium Truck KIT Build


Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Hello,

So, i've got Ansmann XT Pro 2wd Stadium Truck KIT.
Model is going to be used for training with mild brushless system (540, 30A, 3500kv). Since I am a beginner, I am racing in standard class with my modified Mad Rat (with 23T brushed motors).

Servo is going to be a budget HXT 10kg with metal gears from HobbyKing. Tyres: rear Proline Caliber, front Proline Ribbed. Batteries: various lipo from HobbyKing and LRP Ni-mh. Also I won't be using stock dished rims. I will use some shiny HPI stadium truck rims :)

I just absolutely love building kits, because they create half of happyness of this hobby :) I got it very cheap here in Lithuania (about 70 pounds). I like the model because of its nice features: quality aluminium shocks, carbon fiber reinforced plastic, adjustable turnbuckles, rubber shielded ball bearings and so on. Model comes without tyres and with clear polycarbonate body.

Box and its contents:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3726.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3727.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3728.jpg

Typical 2wd model front suspension:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3731.jpg

Carbon fiber reinforced plastic:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3732.jpg

One of the first problems I got, were the very soft screw heads. I have stripped a lot of them, maybe because I didn't have the top notch screwdiver. I have replaced them with silvery phillips headed ones (since I couldn't find any black ones with hex sockets in my city). I didn't want to order them from ebay, since I can get simple ones three times cheaper in local hardware shop.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3733.jpg

Servo saver - good thing. Alse the steering assembly feels quite strudy.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3735.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3736.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3737.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3738.jpg

These "pillows" are nice for protecting and cleaning up the ball heads. I would like to get some aluminum hubs and other hop-ups, but they are too expensive. It seems, that Ansmann is not a very popular manufacturer (like AE or Traxxas) and I can't get cheap hop ups from China. So I will leave the stock plastic parts, because the high price won't cover up the benefit.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3739.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Turnbuckles:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3740.jpg

Front suspension:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3741.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3742.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3743.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Pretty good ball diff. Balls are not ceramic, but with the next maintenance, I will put in some ceramic (black) diff balls.


http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3744.jpg

Complete diff:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3746.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3747.jpg

Gearbox:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3748.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Aluminium motor mount:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3750.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3751.jpg

Quite nice quality slipper clutch:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3752.jpg

Rear shock tower and braces:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3754.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3755.jpg

Rear suspension:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3756.jpg

Stripped screws were replaced with silvery ones :(

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3757.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Place for motor:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3758.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3759.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3760.jpg

Everything in place. I love the CVD's in this model :).

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3761.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3762.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3763.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3764.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Shocks. I put 25wt to rear, and 30wt to front. Shock quality is very good. Shocks use bladder (I prefer it more over emulsion shocks). They feel just right for this model, a little on the soft side. It's just a pity, that there is only one set of pistons and springs :(

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3771.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3772.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3773.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3774.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Complete with shocks:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3775.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3776.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3781.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3777.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3778.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3780.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3779.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:33 AM
HPI rims and Proline tyres (Ribbed and Caliber, both M3). They feel quite soft and should have some good grip in my local RC track (dirt/gravel surface). I love these fancy rims and I am not currently using stock dished wheels. Maybe for spare wheels in the future.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3782.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3783.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3784.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3785.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Complete with wheels and electrics. Receiver is inside the yellow balloon :).

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3786.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3825.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3826.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3827.jpg

I have cut out the body and drilled mounting holes:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4819.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4820.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4821.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4821.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Photosession with my other models:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3798.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3805.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3812.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3814.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3808.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3816.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3829.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_3831.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Preparations for body painting. First of all I have made the paint masks design in AutoCAD.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/Dizainasirmaskes.jpg

Painting:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4294.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4295.jpg

Finished painting and removed the masks:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4295.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4303.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4305-1.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:40 AM
I made some decals with AutoCAD (window and light frames, etc.). I made them from PVC film, the one, that is used to make decals for cars and windows.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/Papildomidecalai.jpg

Decals applied to the body. I made some reinforcements out of the same film around the mounting holes to prevent scratches on body. Also I made some reinforcement from black duct tape around the bottom perimeter to prevent premature cracks.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4307.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4308.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4309.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/IMG_4310.jpg

For the future, I am going to order T-Bone Racing bumpers for front and rear. I heard pretty good reviews on these, that they really protect the model against impacts.

http://t-bone-racing.net/images/products/3919.JPG

This is the layout of chassis overwear (against dust and dirt). I will make it from PVC sheets (0,75mm thick). Then I will attach these to the body with velcro straps.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/Ansmann%20XT%20Pro%20surinkimas/Overwearisklotine.jpg

Mindauxx
19-03-2012, 09:41 AM
COMPLETE MODEL!!! :)

I also made the protective skin on the bottom of the chassis (from quite thick, transparent PVC film).

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/IMG_4331.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/IMG_4329.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/IMG_4327.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/IMG_4321.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/IMG_4317.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/IMG_4316.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/IMG_4315.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/Mindauxx/IMG_4311.jpg

Appie53
19-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Wow great pictures:thumbsup: