PDA

View Full Version : All day meeting - 25th March 2012 - 1st Round of 2012 Summer Series


mikeyscott
19-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Well the good weather has started to arrive and it's time for the 1st Round of the TORCH 2012 Summer Series.

Fingers crossed for another great TORCH summer series.

I'll be running 4WD I expect :thumbsup: - the Vega just works, the FS well that needs a little more thought

MrMagoo
19-03-2012, 08:44 PM
With the new layout in place it should be a belter! 4wd for me I think, got to pop the Koyosho's race cherry some time:thumbsup:

Robocop
19-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Hmm i have not made my mind up which to run have not run any 10ths since last time i was up:confused:

jamiekerr14
19-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Im in can't wait to get the V3 on the track again!

freddie
19-03-2012, 09:15 PM
im coming down for this 2wd hope weather is good :thumbsup:

DragonRider
19-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Wesley and myself will be there both with TLR22's so please book us both in for 2wd (Wesley in the JUNIORS)

See you all Sunday

Cheers

Mark

mikeyscott
19-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Due to Schumacher supporting us again this year it's Schumacher tyres only.

Look forward to seeing people old and new faces.

JamesRumble
19-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Really looking forward to this, bring on the sunshine.

jamiekerr14
19-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Due to Schumacher supporting us again this year it's Schumacher tyres only.

Look forward to seeing people old and new faces.


Glad you mentioned that! Just about to order some new tyres! Dboots were on the cards-not anymore!

Stuweatherman
19-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Is it schumacher AND ballistics??

jamiekerr14
20-03-2012, 10:43 AM
doubt it if its supported by Schumacher would think schumacher only..

Stuweatherman
20-03-2012, 10:45 AM
doubt it if its supported by Schumacher would think schumacher only..

So what damp/wet tyres do we use then? Silvers???

jamiekerr14
20-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Would think so-Never tried them.. but may get a set incase..

makinwaves
20-03-2012, 02:26 PM
rcLazy will be rocking yellow, green and silver tyres on Sunday.

We'll be bringing as much stuff as we can fit in the rcLazy fleet of cars now the bus has been sold :cry:

So if there's something you desperately need send us an email or phone the shop.

Let's race!

:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
20-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Haven't desided what to run yet loving the 210 but better use the V3 again sometime oh what a dilema??????:woot:

jamiekerr14
20-03-2012, 08:48 PM
haha thats why I have sold the 210 otherwise 1 of them would hardly get used haha

knighthawk
20-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi,

Couple questions ahead of Sunday !

1. What is the trophies/prize award for the series ?

2. Is there a Junior Championship ( Beleive this is more important ? )

Cheers
Derek

jonathan may
20-03-2012, 09:18 PM
hope the weather is good bit of a drive up from cornwall

knighthawk
20-03-2012, 09:34 PM
http://i.uk.imwx.com/global/images/93x93/30.png
High
13°C
Partly Cloudy
WindFrom North North East at 10 kmph
Maximum Humidity79%
UV Index3
Chance of Precip.20%
Avg. High.11°C
Record HighN/A
Sunrise06:56

AmiSMB
21-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Liking that weather. I will be there Sunday for BOTH classes as per usual. Relentless racing for me :)

mikeyscott
21-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Following up from some club discussions the tyre choices for this weekend are now :

Schumacher and ballistic buggy, basically following the BRCA national format.

The control tyre aspect for the Summer Series will be reviewed and a decision made after this weekend.

Apologies for any issues that this may cause.

With the way the weather is looking at present I expect people to be using Schumacher yellows.

Stuweatherman
21-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Still having setup issues on yellow rears which why I was a little panicy as worked well last weekend on ballastic green rears. But hopefully by the time I will be running yellow rears should have the setup sorted!

Look forward to Sunday and good shout on the tyres as we know how changeable the british 'summer' can be!! lol

jamiekerr14
21-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Just in time for me to order a set of Silvers-Great!... never run them.. b*llocks:lol: thankfully have some BB Greens if its moist.

mikeyscott
21-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Just in time for me to order a set of Silvers-Great!... never run them.. b*llocks:lol: thankfully have some BB Greens if its moist.

It's going to be dry this weekend - anyone doing a rain dance will get burned at the stake! :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
21-03-2012, 08:09 PM
TORCH are very pleased to announced that Tony Evdoka, Kyosho UK Team Manager and aka Mr RudeBits has been in contact to offer a one year sponsorship deal for the top junior over the TORCH 2012 Summer Series.

This is for Under 16s and is an offer for RudeBits sponsorship. For further information about what RudeBits offer, please have a look at the website - www.rudebits.co.uk

M.Andrews
22-03-2012, 07:58 PM
TORCH are very pleased to announced that Tony Evdoka, Kyosho UK Team Manager and aka Mr RudeBits has been in contact to offer a one year sponsorship deal for the top junior over the TORCH 2012 Summer Series.

This is for Under 16s and is an offer for RudeBits sponsorship. For further information about what RudeBits offer, please have a look at the website - www.rudebits.co.uk (http://www.rudebits.co.uk)

Thats brilliant,what an incentive!:thumbsup:
Rebuilding my Caster SK10 ready for sunday. Fitted new cvds allround,new servo,new shock towers front and rear. Looking forward to getting back into racing after 4 months off!!.:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
22-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Your too old Mark!!!!!!!!!:woot::thumbsup::confused:

M.Andrews
22-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Your too old Mark!!!!!!!!!:woot::thumbsup::confused:

Does it count if I act like a 16 year old????:lol:

SamRCRacing
22-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Looks like me and my Dad have found someone else with a sk-10! Just finished soldering for the weekend and added some new upgrades. Really looking foward to my first outdoor meeting! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sam

hotrodchris
22-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Does it count if I act like a 16 year old????:lol:


If i can't get away with it nor can you!!!!!!:drool::woot:

OOPS double post!

hotrodchris
22-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Does it count if I act like a 16 year old????:lol:


If i can't get away with it nor can you!!!!!!!!:drool::thumbdown:

Scooby27
22-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Mikey

Count me in for Sunday for 2wd.

Details as before.

Cheers

Chris

M.Andrews
22-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Looks like me and my Dad have found someone else with a sk-10! Just finished soldering for the weekend and added some new upgrades. Really looking foward to my first outdoor meeting! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sam

Hi Sam. Does your SK10 have metal diff and bevel gears as the original gears are a weakness?. If you don't have the metal ones then the Kyosho gears fit perfect and last the longest out of the plastic gears. Diff screw and t-nut,diff plates,diff balls and thrust races also need to be replaced(associated b44 parts fit ok) to get trouble free racing.

mikeyscott
22-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Hi Sam. Does your SK10 have metal diff and bevel gears as the original gears are a weakness?. If you don't have the metal ones then the Kyosho gears fit perfect and last the longest out of the plastic gears. Diff screw and t-nut,diff plates,diff balls and thrust races also need to be replaced(associated b44 parts fit ok) to get trouble free racing.

Mark, I thought you had a v3 ordered etc?

Northern Monkey
23-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Is it Sunday yet? :woot: Can't wait, haven't raced for a month and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms...

Who else is coming out to play in the sunshine?

RobW
23-03-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm coming out to play in the sun:thumbsup:

Not raced outdoors since last round of winter series so looking forward to giving the new track a bash - literally probably.

Rob

makinwaves
23-03-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll be there with Crabb. Just need to decide on 2 or 4wd. Or both......:confused:

Mark

Crash
23-03-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm gonna be there with the C4 - not been racing for months so the new track shouldn't make too much difference!!
Chris B

robelmes
23-03-2012, 12:46 PM
i'll be there

jamiekerr14
23-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Cant wait! Got some Tapered pistons to try sunday :thumbsup:

P.S. Got X2 Pairs of brand new DEX210 Front wheels-In packet. I have just seen I'm after £7 for them. Let me know if anyone wants me to bring them. Or £5 and a 22T pinion haha

hotrodchris
23-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Cant wait! Got some Tapered pistons to try sunday :thumbsup:

P.S. Got X2 Pairs of brand new DEX210 Front wheels-In packet. I have just seen I'm after £7 for them. Let me know if anyone wants me to bring them. Or £5 and a 22T pinion haha
Could be talked into it Jamie.

Cammers
23-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Dont forget my sets Jamie as I will be there of course.

jamiekerr14
23-03-2012, 05:53 PM
What sets :lol:

dibble34
23-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Hoping to be down. 4wd for me :thumbsup:

martin so16
23-03-2012, 07:35 PM
i will be there not sure what to run yet :confused:

adamba
24-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Will be there for some fun, not raced for well over a month, last outing was rained off. New speed controller fitted, rewired, cleaned and serviced.....

Cameron, I have your battery for you, Chris, I've got your viz jackets for you too and the earth stake that was needed for the genny.

Weather, looking great wohooooo :thumbsup:

AmiSMB
24-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Cant wait! Got some Tapered pistons to try sunday :thumbsup:

P.S. Got X2 Pairs of brand new DEX210 Front wheels-In packet. I have just seen I'm after £7 for them. Let me know if anyone wants me to bring them. Or £5 and a 22T pinion haha

I am interested in the wheels and I might have the 22T pinion ;)

SamRCRacing
24-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Does anyone have a DC charger input (with croc clips) for a orion IQ charger lying around that they would kindly let me borrow as I have lost mine. :cry:

Please PM me if you do.

Thanks

Sam

jamiekerr14
24-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I am interested in the wheels and I might have the 22T pinion ;)


Sounds good granty pants I need to get a 22t pinion. so would be spot on if your interested!

P.S. All nitro nutter's I will have a small selection on Nitro Stuff- I will bring tomorrow, got some Used-Good for practice ect.. selection of tyres in variety of flavours on rims ect-1/18TH buggy I mean. And some Fuel and a polybutler.. come see me tomorrow if interested! Having a clear out so needs to go.

Stuweatherman
25-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Great days racing, think I miss the next round but looking forward to the next one I can make.

Deano577
25-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Gutted couldnt make today what was the results ?

Stuweatherman
25-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Think Mikey will be putting the results up soon. Mr Hollywood took 4wd, can't remember who took 2wd today

Crazy L
25-03-2012, 06:16 PM
can't remember who took 2wd today

Well it certainly wasn't me:yawn:

hotrodchris
25-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Steve Brown took the 2wd

Crazy L
25-03-2012, 06:21 PM
However, good day out today away from the care home (what? you didnt know?)

Well done to the guys on the committee, Mikey, Steve etc, The weather, Tony E for some amusing commentary and his support of the juniors.

Not sure the same can be said for the track layout though :confused:

Crazy L
25-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Steve Brown took the 2wd

Surely you jest?

RobW
25-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Great days racing - slick organisation, great commentary and lots of sunshine.

All the work on the track and pitting area is really looking good.

I really struggled with the 3 jumps in front of the rostrum but it was same for everyone so have no excuse really - finally got it right in last final - hit it hard and straight down the middle:woot:

Rob

Briangb
25-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Have to say I am enjoying the new track layout. Well I was up until the last round of qualifiers. For those of you think it was my lipo that went up in smoke
I am sorry to disappoint you. It was my Orion ESC. Ho hum! Here endeth todays racing. Could have done without that. More expense!!
Well done to all the winners. Thanks again to the committee for running a great meeting. Also thanks to all the crew at the 'new end' paddock and parking. Cammers, Tony and Crazy L, you can pit with us next time if your keen. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

mikeyscott
25-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Brian - Kyosho / FDL do a trade in I believe contact Neil Skull..

Briangb
25-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks Mikey. Will give that a try. 4 or 5 meetings is not very good value. It was the factory soldering that failed.

mikeyscott
25-03-2012, 07:20 PM
How hot did it get? I've got two R10s and they are awesome.



Keep any thoughts off Oople and speak to FDL is my thoughts, they were super helpful for me.

simoncrabb
25-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Awesome day, that track was amazing, the best TORCH has seen for sure.

Cougar SV2 is a stunning car, so easy to drive.

jpmatrix
25-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Definitely the best day at Torch for me so far. Got off to a shakey start in qualifiers but managed to get some decent and consistent pace to take pole in the b final.

And what a b final :thumbsup: some great close racing with tony and cameron.

Many thanks to the team at torch who ran a great meeting.

AmiSMB
25-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I had a fantastic day in both classes nice and relentless! I really liked the layout. Maybe the distance between the first and second jump could be slightly less so that you do not have to hit it so fast to land on the down side especially in 2wd. Even how it is it is very rewarding when you get it right. Also maybe some long soft brooms for car recovery for the marshalls rather than putting them in danger. I did like the way that Cammers was teaming up with the marshall opposite him so he could be warned about on coming cars.

Roll end the next round and hopefully the 4wd will not have so many problems in the finals. I think I also need to give in and go back to 5.5 in 4wd and 6.5 in 2wd.

SamRCRacing
25-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Had a great day today thanks to everyone that helped out today! My first outdoor meeting and LOVED it, my best bit was the 4wd c final leg 1 when all 3 of us broke our cars ( me with a snapped wishbone, bent steering arm and drive shaft poped out) Got first overall in the C in the end. Once again a big thanks to all the people who made this happen!

Thanks

Sam

Briangb
25-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi Mikey. I wasn't being critical of the product as such, as I don't believe in saying anything detrimental on a public forum. I think the Orion kit is superb, and would not be using it otherwise. I have no intentions of changing brand. I just meant that 4 or 5 meetings then bang!! is just unfortunate, especially considering the reason for the failure. Thank you for your comment though, it is appreciated.

hazeandfizz
25-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Great day today guys, loved the track (yes the jumps were tricky but you could roll them).

Glad your hard work has paid off.

Thanks,
James.

mikeyscott
25-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi Mikey. I wasn't being critical of the product as such, as I don't believe in saying anything detrimental on a public forum. I think the Orion kit is superb, and would not be using it otherwise. I have no intentions of changing brand. I just meant that 4 or 5 meetings then bang!! is just unfortunate, especially considering the reason for the failure. Thank you for your comment though, it is appreciated.

No worries, hope you get it sorted :)

hazeandfizz
25-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Great day today guys, loved the track (yes the jumps were tricky but you could roll them).

Glad your hard work has paid off.

Thanks,
James.

freddie
25-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Great days racing track was excellent bring on the next one!! :thumbsup:

simoncrabb
25-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I think I also need to give in and go back to 5.5 in 4wd and 6.5 in 2wd.

Go BACK to 5.5 and 6.5? What on earth were you running?

No wonder I'm slow, I'm 6.5 in 4wd and 8.5 in 2wd...

Robocop
25-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Just got back home to cornwall what a brilliant day and track vega was good for its 2nd run ever just think some small bores would help? Wink wink
See you next time
Thanks

mikeyscott
25-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Just got back home to cornwall what a brilliant day and track vega was good for its 2nd run ever just think some small bores would help? Wink wink
See you next time
Thanks

Yup me too :) - I'm already on small bores on 4WD and much prefer it. Just need to stop breaking it though! Contemplating the reinforced carbon towers

Glad you guys got back ok :)

MrMagoo
25-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Great days racing with the Kyosho, many thanks to Tony 'Rude Bits' Evdoka for the part I needed to get me back up and running. Need to do some work to get the shock package where I want it, but the car's definitely better than my old set of wheels :thumbsup:

For those that do the Facebook thing I've posted some pictures of the presentations. Race pictures to follow once I've sorted through them!

jamiekerr14
25-03-2012, 10:21 PM
I have to echo all the other comments:

Track-Was great love the new layout very fast and flowing and works well I think. And helps with close racing IMHO.

All the work that has been done over the last few weeks is easy to see, and all the added space is a big bonus. And all the committee should be very pleased with how TORCH is progressing. I personally had a great days racing today, weather was perfect. And was great fun, racing went well/ish 2nd time out with my V3 and 1st time running 4wd for a few months. 2wd has helped me and just a shame my tower broke in A2 as it was a close battle! Anyway looking forward to next time!:thumbsup:

AmiSMB
25-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Go BACK to 5.5 and 6.5? What on earth were you running?

No wonder I'm slow, I'm 6.5 in 4wd and 8.5 in 2wd...

6.5 4wd and 7.5 in 2wd but felt I needed a little more perhaps on the straight. Trouble is I usually find that I end up being slower laptimes when running faster motors.

makinwaves
26-03-2012, 08:30 AM
My photos are up on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150767503251145.453568.739926144&type=3&l=87376c7e69

Get tagging people!

Brilliant day's racing from theTORCH crew. Great track and the new triples are just difficult enough.

Really good to catch up with some old friends and make some new ones after the Winter break. Roll on Rd 2!:thumbsup:

Mark

Collegeboy
26-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Brilliant days racing, great track (sooo got to practice my jumping:cry:) thanks Chris P for being a patient marshall when I was ballsing it up, nearlyevery time:blush:. Bring on the next round. Thanks to all the TORCH crew for an excellently organised days racing. you did us credit. See you next time.

simoncrabb
27-03-2012, 07:40 PM
BLOG POST of the day and a thousand photos.

http://rclazy.com/blog/2012/03/27/torch-2012-summer-series-round-1/

DHB
27-03-2012, 08:48 PM
BLOG POST of the day and a thousand photos.

http://rclazy.com/blog/2012/03/27/torch-2012-summer-series-round-1/


Some great pictures guys, none of my car i see. Mark must start going in a different race.:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
27-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Ok after about an hour I have sorted the results out.

http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/SummerSeries/index.htm

knighthawk
28-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Great work chap

The Juinior Overalls link is broken though !

Cheers

mikeyscott
30-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Great work chap

The Juinior Overalls link is broken though !

Cheers

fixed