PDA

View Full Version : baking my motor, advice needed


samboneecanada
31-08-2006, 03:43 AM
baking my motor, advice needed
Q#1
I have an xx4. I have baked my 15t orion sv2 and although it smelled hot after racing it, this time in smelled really bad and just slowly stoped working. I need some advice.
What motor should I use (and with what pinion?),
I have
5800 brushless
orion 15t
speed gem 13t
trinity 93 11t (these aren't working well for some reason)
the straight at the track is 100' long and it's technical with one big double and it's rough!!
Q#2
We drive on a hard pack, rough track in Toronto and it seems that after about 1 week of consistent running my xx4 has quite a bit of friction. its this common? I am finding that there is a slite squeeling sound from one of the berings in the back. when I let off the trigger, it doesn't glide as well as it used to.
anyway
sincere thanks in advance for the help.
Sean
replies to my email , [email protected] would be fantastic.

Southwell
31-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Holes in the body made a HUGE difference to the cooling in my xx4, try that.
Also check which position you rear diff is set at, i run B forward, but A forward will make the car a bit free'er. Also check all bearings, those that you cannot free up, replace.