View Full Version : losi xx4 update kit?
Battle_axe
29-03-2012, 09:30 AM
hey just a poll if i was to offer an update kit that made the xx4 a little more 21st centry who would like one?
it would include:
New shell
Front and rear ali bulkheads with seprate towers
New updated belts
front and rear hinge pin braces made from titanium in any colour you want
outdrive savers in any colour you want
Also what would people think about a carbon chasiss? <-- this would be about £50 more to produce
pugboy
29-03-2012, 11:08 AM
As a long time fan I would say a more serviceable drivetrain and stronger belts would be the first thing, and possibly an alloy lipo chassis. Not much alse wrong with it I.M.O
Shell is kinda retro cool :thumbsup:
dibble34
29-03-2012, 02:26 PM
I'd be interested
Stronger belts would be great so,you could get the power down. Would not be so keen on ali bulkheads or hinge pin braces as they have a habit of killing the chassis in a big crash. I'd rather break a 5 quid bulkhead. Would it include better pullies?
Battle_axe
29-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I'd be interested
Stronger belts would be great so,you could get the power down. Would not be so keen on ali bulkheads or hinge pin braces as they have a habit of killing the chassis in a big crash. I'd rather break a 5 quid bulkhead. Would it include better pullies?
It could include them yes. i will be looking into the pullys but i already have stronger belts ready for it. when i say bulkheads i was thinking simlar to the 511 or the zx5 in asmuch as it has a seprate tower mounted to it it should beef up the chasiss if anything
dibble34
29-03-2012, 04:18 PM
It could include them yes. i will be looking into the pullys but i already have stronger belts ready for it. when i say bulkheads i was thinking simlar to the 511 or the zx5 in asmuch as it has a seprate tower mounted to it it should beef up the chasiss if anythingI tried a black Kevlar sort of belt for the rear from the states. Was a tight fit on install, but kept stretching and then skipping teeth on the pulley. I wondered if part of the problem was with pulley teeth depth. Hope testing goes well :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.